The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

When will management realize

captaincowbasher

Love the Sedin's but they're done, they are way to slow and if there is any hope of getting a 1st and a grade A prospect we have to pull the trigger, Example deal I would consider A deal to the Islanders for Barzal and a 1st or Buffalo for Reinhart and a 1st. The Canucks need commit to the rebuild. Honestly, the team your seeing the past 4 games is consistent with the team we saw all last year. Please wake up Canuck nation we can't win with our best 2 players being so slow, the game has changed.

This belongs in the proposals section probably. I doubt Buffalo or the Islanders would take those deals. Not a lot of teams would be willing to take on aging players with huge contracts.

Besides, they've been getting a ton of chances during this losing streak, but just haven't been burying them. Lots of times looking to pass instead of the obvious shot as well.

1 minute ago, captaincowbasher said:

Love the Sedin's but they're done, they are way to slow and if there is any hope of getting a 1st and a grade A prospect we have to pull the trigger, Example deal I would consider A deal to the Islanders for Barzal and a 1st or Buffalo for Reinhart and a 1st. The Canucks need commit to the rebuild. Honestly, the team your seeing the past 4 games is consistent with the team we saw all last year. Please wake up Canuck nation we can't win with our best 2 players being so slow, the game has changed.

I would love to get Sam Reinhart, but it's not happening.  The Twins are staying here to retirement.  Yes we need to accept a full on rebuild too.  

38 minutes ago, captaincowbasher said:

Gtfo with these stupid threads. You're sooooo original.. 

*sigh* Pretty much anybody who was looking at the Vancouver Canucks realisitically could see the twins are/were done - anybody who hasn't been able to see the Decline in the precision of their passing, their boardplay, and overall speed has been wearing those Canuck-Colored goggles for too long.

HOWEVER

There's a certain respect you have to have for some some special players in your own organization, The Sedins and Alex Burrows have earned that right in Vancouver. Burrows 2mil contract helped buy us the window and financial flexibility to push for a cup during our run, He was worth more than 2 mil when he signed that cheap contract, and the Twins? What haven't they done for Vancouver? This is a home for them now, it's not Ornskoldsvik, but its a home to them.

Let them all play out their contracts here and then we can all walk away peacefully, We don't need another era of Bure Esque drama, or Luongo Schneider headaches. If the twins wish to continue playing once this contract is over, I see no reason not to give them 1 year deals until they are finally done, or PTO's if they end up falling that far;

Besides, who the hell else do we have with the experience Sedin/Sedin/Burrows bring? Keeping the twins and Burr around gives us something along the lines of what Mats Sundin was able to bring here during his brief tenure; and MAYBE - just MAYBE they can help the next generation of Canucks avoid some of the growing pains the team that went to war against Chicago for 3 seasons had to go through.

3 minutes ago, Chris said:

*sigh* Pretty much anybody who was looking at the Vancouver Canucks realisitically could see the twins are/were done - anybody who hasn't been able to see the Decline in the precision of their passing, their boardplay, and overall speed has been wearing those Canuck-Colored goggles for too long.

There's a certain respect you have to have for some some special players in your own organization, The Sedins and Alex Burrows have earned that right in Vancouver. Burrows 2mil contract helped buy us the window and financial flexibility to push for a cup during our run, He was worth more than 2 mil when he signed that cheap contract, and the Twins? What haven't they done for Vancouver? This is a home for them now, it's not Ornskoldsvik, but its a home to them.

Let them all play out their contracts here and then we can all walk away peacefully, We don't need another era of Bure Esque drama, or Luongo Schneider headaches. If the twins wish to continue playing once this contract is over, I see no reason not to give them 1 year deals until they are finally done, or PTO's if they end up falling that far;

Besides, who the hell else do we have with the experience Sedin/Sedin/Burrows bring? Keeping the twins and Burr around gives us something along the lines of what Mats Sundin was able to bring here during his brief tenure.

This is business Chris ........Sedin's didn't play here out of the goodness of their hearts, there was some big money thrown around............

I am just wondering how long this developing young talent is going to go in our winning environment........Hmmmm?

50 minutes ago, captaincowbasher said:

Also you go on to bash the Sedins for being slow. Yet, you somehow think there are teams who would give up a top prospect and a possible lottery pick for them. Can you say with a straight face that you would make those deals if you were GM of Buffalo or the Islanders?

And let's say in the craziest scenario these deals are realistic. Do you think the Sedins would okay either of these with their NMC?

Give your head a shake and realize that all 30 GMs don't live to serve the interest of the Canucks.

1 minute ago, EmilyM said:

Also you go on to bash the Sedins for being slow. Yet, you somehow think there are teams who would give up a top prospect and a possible lottery pick for them. Can you say with a straight face that you would make those deals if you were GM of Buffalo or the Islanders?

And let's say in the craziest scenario these deals are realistic. Do you think the Sedins would okay either of these with their NMC?

Give your head a shake and realize that all 30 GMs don't live to serve the interest of the Canucks.

I understand your point EmilyM, but the fact is they play against the other teams best dmen every night......if they play against the #3 and 4, that's a entirely different thing...just saying

Sedins are NOT going ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop blaming management - all teams have a CAP, all teams are equal - issue is, the Canucks players need to earn their bloody pay cheques - start performing who their agents said they were comparable to.

Just now, janisahockeynut said:

I understand your point EmilyM, but the fact is they play against the other teams best dmen every night......if they play against the #3 and 4, that's a entirely different thing...just saying

Doesn't change the fact that OP has the gall to suggest not one but two teams would happily give up a top prospect and a lottery pick for players closer to 40 than 30.

1 minute ago, janisahockeynut said:

This is business Chris ........Sedin's didn't play here out of the goodness of their hearts, there was some big money thrown around............

I am just wondering how long this developing young talent is going to go in our winning environment........Hmmmm?

The Sedins didn't play here out of the goodness of their heart - but they earned every damn dollar they made here thanks to fans and media ripping them apart for years and YEARS - Man Screw THAT we listened to "They'll never be better than 2nd liners, and "Oh the sedin sisters?"  for too long. No. Hell No.

We will continue to develop Until The Sedins suck so bad that we end up drafting the next group that can pick the team up on their back/backs and carry this team Just like The Sedins, Kesler, and Burrows did offensively during The Sedins best years.

- and You're right, This is a business.

And is any player; veteran or current going to want to come to a city where both the fans and management turn on them? No.

There is NO player, No Trade, and NO sensible, sane, reasonable deal that would be agreed to by all parties in an NHL trade that would benefit the Vancouver Canucks in any way that would speed up this rebuild process any faster. All trading the Sedins and Burrows away proves is that this management will be as disloyal to its Players as the last management group was and what are kids like Troy Stecher, Bo Horvat, Jake Virtanen going to think about that? The Canucks have spent YEARS trying to rebuild this team's reputation on that front so we can actually sign somebody LIKE a Loui Eriksson when we are finally ready for that push.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I would love to get Sam Reinhart, but it's not happening.  The Twins are staying here to retirement.  Yes we need to accept a full on rebuild too.  

I doubt we would get Reinhart alone but I agree to make this team better and get something for the twins the time to trade them is the TDL or offseason before the draft.

I think this team has young players that will be great but not right this moment and not with Willie as a coach he first needs to go!

24 minutes ago, Chris said:

HOWEVER

Besides, who the hell else do we have with the experience Sedin/Sedin/Burrows bring? Keeping the twins and Burr around gives us something along the lines of what Mats Sundin was able to bring here during his brief tenure; and MAYBE - just MAYBE they can help the next generation of Canucks avoid some of the growing pains the team that went to war against with Chicago with for 3 seasons had to go through.

meh naslund and luongo was a special player in our organization too and earned the rights in vancouver.. and we ran both of them out of town.. Luongo was spectacular for us with a hiccup here and there but overall he was great and relatively professional thru out the whole schneider and lack fiasco.. and the fans here were running him out with pitch forks.. Naslund was great for us until the Steve Moore crap and CDC was just as happy to get rid of him not even offering a contract at the very least.. earning the rights means nothing in vancouver.. when u suck they'll run you out of town

I say we just go for players from the khl or Swedish leagues? for players we can afford;) after making cap room that is.....

i think we just should sell some of our overplayed contracts who can't seem to produce for either draft picks or just to open cap space like buying players out... Idk something I'm sure the business side of the organization could figure out;) the khl players might be pretty decent in the nhl.... Or in a Canucks uniform. Imo....

1. Nakita Gusev forward

2. Sergei Shimakov forward

3. Vyacheslav Voynov defencemen 

4. Maxim Shalunov forward

5. Andre Benoit Defencemen 

I think any of these players is plausible imho!

Archived