The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Monday Oct 31st Practice Update

Ossi Vaananen

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Seriously? Does Larsen have pictures of Desjardins with some moose in Climax? I can see giving Sbisa ice time with a defensive partner that actually is worth his job title, but Larsen is as useless as a shovel in a sandstorm.  

Larsen isn't really that bad.   He has 3 assists,  and is one of our only regular defensemen who can get the puck anywhere close to the net.  I'd take him over Weber any day. 

Guarantee you that if we had more net presence and second chances he'd have double the points. 

No,  he's no master of the defensive aspects of the game - though he could be worse.  But more importantly,  he's somewhat effective starting in the offensive zone,  and for secondary pp time. 

The issue is one we haven't had for a long time...  NHL caliber players duking it out for a spot.  It is clear stecher can play the game,  and if Tryamkin proves his worth,  that's ultimately three guys we want playing.   Well,  only two guys YOU want playing,  evidently.   

As for Sbisa,  sometimes he looks solid and other times not so much.   To me,  he brings nothing we don't already have in other players.   (Especially if Tryamkin can hold his own defensively).  

6 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Seriously? Does Larsen have pictures of Desjardins with some moose in Climax? I can see giving Sbisa ice time with a defensive partner that actually is worth his job title, but Larsen is as useless as a shovel in a sandstorm.  

A couple of Medicine Hat Tigers maybe . . . 

Archived