The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Monday Oct 31st Practice Update

Ossi Vaananen

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Stecher and Larsen are too similar to keep both. We only need one of them for the pp. We need another hitter on D to keep the forwards from crashing Miller and Marky.

I think we need one of Stecher/Larsen in the line up, but certainly not both. I wonder what the PP looks like without either on the point. 

I think this Larsen experiment is coming to an end. The guy gets exposed too damn much. 

Just now, 'NucK™ said:

Stecher has had a lot of success with Edler and is also the only dman he has played with since training camp. Probably don't want to screw up his development by giving him a new partner (nowhere near Edler's caliber) in his 4th game

I can see that. (Though it also looked more like Stecher was the one keeping Edler afloat rather than vice versa).
I would just hope with the performance like he had over the weekend, you do what you can to make room for a guy like that.

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Stecher and Larsen are too similar to keep both. We only need one of them for the pp. We need another hitter on D to keep the forwards from crashing Miller and Marky.

So which of Stecher and Larsen is the better player?  If we trade Tanev, then we can keep both Stecher (with Edler, and makes Edler a better player) and Larsen.

1 minute ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I think we need one of Stecher/Larsen in the line up, but certainly not both. I wonder what the PP looks like without either on the point. 

I think this Larsen experiment is coming to an end. The guy gets exposed too damn much. 

Yeah. Through preseason and now a few games in, Stecher seems like he can provide anything Larsen can provide on the PP, but with a much better 5-on-5 game. Sure it's a tiny sample size, but you can only judge what you're given. And Stech has given a lot. Larsen must be feeling nervous.

Just now, EmilyM said:

I can see that. (Though it also looked more like Stecher was the one keeping Edler afloat rather than vice versa).
I would just hope with the performance like he had over the weekend, you do what you can to make room for a guy like that.

Yeah I agree with you. 

Honestly the Edler-Stecher, Hutton-Guddy, Try-Tanev idea suggested above does not seem crazy at all to me..

IMO those are our top 6 dmen atm and I think Tanev could actually complement Tryamkin with his calm presence and good puck retrieval 

Just now, 'NucK™ said:

Yeah I agree with you. 

Honestly the Edler-Stecher, Hutton-Guddy, Try-Tanev idea suggested above does not seem crazy at all to me..

IMO those are our top 6 dmen atm and I think Tanev could actually complement Tryamkin with his calm presence and good puck retrieval 

Now that is a top 6 I would love to see experimented.

1 minute ago, 'NucK™ said:

Yeah I agree with you. 

I wish Willie D could read your post.  

36 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

I want to see Tryamkin succeed as much as the next person, but bumping Stecher right now is a terrible message.
Play your ass off, sit out.

Be tall, come on in.

Stecher made plenty of mistakes out there.  The American league is still going to help him.  I don't think penciling a rookie in for 20 mins for the whole season is prudent.

14 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Cv_2QS8WgAQvpwb.jpg

Cv_2QS5WcAAVc5S.jpg

Tryamkin favouriting Canucks losses. Hilarious.

You gotta be kidding me... what a freaking child. 

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but that's it. He's lost me period. 

Let him go back to the K. 

30 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yes, cards are stacked against Larsen. If the swedish pp doesn't work well with him then he is the odd man out. Someone has to take the blame for almost zero goals with the man advantage and it's obviously him.

56 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And Stecher sits our?  No way Stecher is sitting.  He's our best D right now.

Oh, yes way.

Defensively Tryamkin-Stecher is better than Tryamkin-Sbisa.  Scoring too. Oh and passing. Did I mention speed?

30 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

Yeah I agree with you. 

Given you haven't seen Tryamkin play an NHL game in 7 months I'd say you're talking through your hat - and insulting Sbisa.

Whatever happened to earning a role/spot.  Tryamkin hasn't done so.  Until he does, Sbisa is a 3rd pairing guy on this team imo.

Just now, oldnews said:

Given you haven't seen Tryamkin play an NHL game in 7 months I'd say you're talking through your hat - and insulting Sbisa.

Whatever happened to earning a role/spot.  Tryamkin hasn't done so.  Until he does, Sbisa is a 3rd pairing guy on this team imo.

Right because you know which D  is out performing  each other  in practise  .   LOL 

15 minutes ago, apollo said:

You gotta be kidding me... what a freaking child. 

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but that's it. He's lost me period. 

Let him go back to the K. 

Easy big fella. The man might just have some friends on those teams and nothing more. 

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

So he's supposed to earn ice time by not getting any? Thats a very unique way of developing players. Must be old school. Sbisa can sit for a game or two. 

Archived