The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Monday Oct 31st Practice Update

Ossi Vaananen

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

So he's supposed to earn ice time by not getting any? Thats a very unique way of developing players. Must be old school. Sbisa can sit for a game or two. 

The evidence is in the lineup.

Tryamkin will be in it once he's earned it.

Just now, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

Actually it's universal.  You have to be able to contribute to play.  

Yah but you usually get a real game to prove if you can. There's no risk in giving Nik one game in Sbisa's spot to see where he's at. 

Just now, oldnews said:

The evidence is in the lineup.

Tryamkin will be in it once he's earned it.

Hows he supposed to show where he's at if he doesn't get a game in? and don't say Utica, that's not the deal Benning made. 

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Debating clearly isn't a strong point for you.  You are much better at insults and putdowns...

I debate with people that engage in discussions.

People like yourself that puff your chest up with absurd claims like "I know what I'm talking about because I play with a former NHLer in my beer league"  and "you prolly never played competitive sports" don't really engage in debates - you just like the sound of your own text and don't really present a teachable/learnable moment.

Just now, oldnews said:

I debate with people that engage in discussions.

People like yourself that puff your chest up with absurd claims like "I know what I'm talking about because I play with a former NHLer in my beer league"  and "you prolly never played competitive sports" don't really engage in debates - you just like the sound of your own text and don't really present a teachable/learnable moment.

I am trying to not read  your posts.

You only put down other posters without ever posting any viewpoints  / opinions.

5 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Yah but you usually get a real game to prove if you can. There's no risk in giving Nik one game in Sbisa's spot to see where he's at. 

My guess would be that Larsen would be the guy sitting, not Sbisa.  Tanev's been placed on IR - not sure how imminent his return is?

So if the average fan can see that Sbisa and Tryamkin is not a good pairing, why can't Willie?

Neither of these guys are strong enough at moving the puck so they're likely to get pinned in their own end if there's a good forecheck.

Sbisa-Stecher, Tryamkin-Larsen, Tryamkin-Stecher should really be the only choices. 

1 minute ago, mll said:

It's been a week so he could return anytime. 

Would sure be nice to have him for the Montreal game.

I love our young guys, but one on each pairing (counting Larsen as a relatively 'young' guy if he's in the lineup) is a bit much when you're facing McJesus, Washington, Montreal....

4 minutes ago, oldnews said:

My guess would be that Larsen would be the guy sitting, not Sbisa.  Tanev's been placed on IR - not sure how imminent his return is?

I think Tanev's due back some time during the road trip. To me Stecher's outplayed Larsen, so Sbisa-Stecher are the current "winners" of spots, but we need to see what Tryamkin can do - don't forget we may lose Sbisa to the expansion draft so its important to see what else we have. 

Thanks for the update. It's really nice to be able to see all the updates in one place.

Finally going to see Tryamkin play!

And they shouldn't send Stetcher down. Should send Biega down. Stetcher clearly belongs in the NHL.

4 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I think Tanev's due back some time during the road trip. To me Stecher's outplayed Larsen, so Sbisa-Stecher are the current "winners" of spots, but we need to see what Tryamkin can do - don't forget we may lose Sbisa to the expansion draft so its important to see what else we have. 

I think we have a good idea what we have in Tryamkin - it's simply a matter of expecting certain standards of professionalism from him - ie. the elementary stuff like being in condition, a prerequisite to being a pro.  I don't doubt that he'll be able to cut it in due course.

I suppose the expansion draft will preclude moving Sbisa (unless they somehow got Biega enough games) - will force the team to run with a good measure of depth and competition to get those third pairing minutes - not such a bad thing considering how frequent injuries to the blueline have been, how heavy our division is, and how gruelling the schedule this team has to endure is.

Just now, Joe_Kerr said:

TO BE FAIR... I have see Tryamkin like alot of Canucks pictures on instagram before and after this who debacle... so I doubt he's relishing in the losses of his teammates 

Maybe he doesn't know what he's doing, because of the language thing?

Archived