The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Monday Oct 31st Practice Update

Ossi Vaananen

6 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Didn't I hear someone say that Sbisa and Tryamkin were paired up in practice?

Yeah but I was referring to hypothetical pairings of Edler-Stecher, Tryamkin-Tanev

I am not sure why they are choosing now as the time to take Larsen out of the lineup with Tanev also replacing Stecher..

2 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

Yeah but I was referring to hypothetical pairings of Edler-Stecher, Tryamkin-Tanev

I am not sure why they are choosing now as the time to take Larsen out of the lineup with Tanev also replacing Stecher..

I mean't on the radio, maybe I mis-heard

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

LOOK ... 

this guy's better than stecher and larsen and he's bigger than both of them put together.WD would rather have a couple soft forwards playing D rather than this guy?go back to juniors there coach. 

4 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

I like talking about lineups/teams with good ol' guys(blue collar blokes/gals) in donut shops. People used to do that kiddies.

The way some people post to others here, I think they'd get their apple fritter shoved up their *ss, if they tried that shyte in person.

Getting tired of some 'experts' who are so f*ckin rude, because they know a bit about a sport.

You must know who you are..is there a mirror in your shack?!

This is a weirdly sexual and aggressive post.  But the guy you're talking about sounds alright.

13 minutes ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

This is a weirdly sexual and aggressive post.  But the guy you're talking about sounds alright.

You can suggest any angle into whatever one chooses to read. That's your choice.

It's simple really.

Personally feel people should communicate online as they would(approx) in person. For so many out there, can only assume it doesn't happen.

If you disagree with this view, you might kindly ignore all my posts ..cheers

3 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

You can suggest any angle into whatever one chooses to read. That's your choice.

It's simple really.

Personally feel people should communicate online as they would(approx) in person. For so many out there, can only assume it doesn't happen.

If you disagree with this view, you might kindly ignore all my posts ..cheers

Okay, Mary Poppins.

6 hours ago, EmilyM said:

Then why not Sbisa - Stecher on the third pair instead of Sbisa - Tryamkin?
(Not to say these are final pairings or anything, but if they go with these practice pairings on wednesday)

Well, you talk about not rewarding Stecher for coming in and playing well, how about not rewarding Tryamkin for working hard while he's sat out to get in the shape they want him in? You have to reward him at some point as well.

As was noted, Stecher is better off getting more minutes than playing 3rd pairing defensive minutes. And if he could stick it's over Larsen but that'd mean a reshuffle - does Tanev then play with Sbisa and how are the minutes allocated?

1 hour ago, 'NucK™ said:

Any time is a good time to throw that pylon in the press box.  It;s appalling Larsen is getting any games when it's obvious he's not an NHLer.

Sick of seeing defensemen who can't play defense on this team.

Just now, King Heffy said:

Any time is a good time to throw that pylon in the press box.  It;s appalling Larsen is getting any games when it's obvious he's not an NHLer.

Sick of seeing defensemen who can't play defense on this team.

I agree.  The guy was a waste of a fifth.  Just send him back the the barren lands in Siberia.

6 hours ago, Rocksterh8 said:

He has to go back down, it's a numbers game, no other choice.

How is it a numbers game? If he does everything right on the ice why send him down. He has been our best defensman as of late. As far as I'm concerned Larsen can take a hike. 

Does anyone here have an idea about which hotel they will be during the trip and their practice schedule as well? Im a Canuck fan in Montreal, I caught Air Canada 7037 landing in Montreal but they just disappeared after. I would like to get some autograph =(

6 hours ago, Fantomex said:

Edler - Stecher

Hutton - Gudbranson

Tryamkin - Tanev

That actually looks really good. No more Larsen, that experiment has failed. Sbisa... well he's been very deserving of his nickname "Pizza"..

Thats the way id go, Pizza can watch a few from the rafters , Larsen can go Utica, Tanev to babysit Tryamkins first few games. 

Archived