Baer  Horvat  Eriksson

Granlund Sutter Virtanen

Dorsett  Gaunce  Lebate

Burrows

Edler Stecher

Huttom Gubranson

Tryamkin Tanev

Sbisa Larsson

This is the way I would roll. Only way that makes sense if we want to keep moving forward for this season.

Set it & leave it... 

Looks good to me.

I'd like to see Zalewski Gaunce Labate I think that'd be an awesome 4th line and be very hard to play against but I guess I'll have to settle for Dorsett.

20 minutes ago, CaptainKool said:

Does anyone here have an idea about which hotel they will be during the trip and their practice schedule as well? Im a Canuck fan in Montreal, I caught Air Canada 7037 landing in Montreal but they just disappeared after. I would like to get some autograph =(

I've always thought it best to leave that for the arena. Give the guys some privacy while they are on the road. They must get tired of being haunted while at home and likely appreciate the solitude on the road--unlike Florida players. Tell the guys to keep something in the tank for the Ottawa game, my daughter bought me tickets.

10 hours ago, apollo said:

Well, as it stands Edler - Stetcher/Tanev ... 

We'll see... I think we'll miss Larsens presence on the point offensively, hope he works on his defensive game during the time off...

I don't think anything right now can hurt are offence, barring any injuries of course( knock on wood) lmao.

1 hour ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

So, if we were face to face, would you still be talking about sodomizing me with a pastry?

WhoseTruck,

Gotta head out to work, but will reply here before takin off. The gist of my comment was(on pg4) we should all communicate(online forums) consistent with how we do in person. If we're offensive with people we hardly know(in person) sooner or later, one would find themself in a heated-encounter. How that turns out, & whether one prefers apple fritters are seperate variables...

I'm not the hostile, intimidating type. I don't like hurting others(in any manner), nor do I particularly want the proverbial frozen mukluk kickin' my arse, as it were.

Aside from our online-handles, I don't know any of the posters here(personally) away from CDC. Yet I enjoy discussing puck(& many topics) with a lotta' good folk here. I'd prob love a good coffee, donut & hockey-hobnob with any/everyone here too. Don't mind at all if someone poses the opposite viewpoint - that's what keeps the discussions goin, ferGawdsakes! In addition to all that blather, there's likely a varying degree in the range of what constitutes rudeness, amongst a wide range of posters. I bet lots of us post tripe that gets a little nasty, cos we might be stuck in a crap day..all that's trivial & comes out in the wash.

If you find my style offensive, you're certainly encouraged to put my posts on ignore. I haven't used that(or the minus-thingy), & don't really intend to..but sometimes I have to ignore myself!

It's an insane, f***ing frustrating world..so in a strange way, for me, CDC has become a sort of familiar 'comfort-food'. Better half says I'm gettin fat.

I was just kinda thinking what if we had 3 balanced d-pairs that we could roll 20 mins a night each. Drop back Tanev to play with pizza and be there to back him up when he inevitably pizzas.

Edler-Stecher

Hutton-Gudbranson

Sbisa-Tanev

IMO those 3 pairs are very evenly distributed and there's no need to shelter any of those pairings from other teams top talent.

2 hours ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

This is some serious overstatement man.

Yup, that's KingHeffy. He was very near to my ignore list for his consistent and irrational hate on Edler. It's a pretty easy jump for him to go from Edler to Larsen.

Larsen isn't an all star by any means, and he may be getting replaced by Stecher sooner than later, but to say he's not a NHL defenceman is completely debatable.

10 hours ago, DeNiro said:

"NHL coach"

Jeez are you so desperate you are denying facts now?

He is not only an NHL coach but he has the honour of being the 3rd winningest rookie coach in NHL history. I'll bet there are scores of NHL coaches who started their career with a better team than Willie inherited, who failed to get even close to that honour.

14 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

It's no mystery really.  The kids aren't quite there yet.  And the veterans are getting long in the tooth and there aren't enough of them to sustain high performance.  Ericksson and Sutter are the only ones close to their prime up front.  The defense and goal is a little different and we can hope for better results.

I was thinking today, a week ago they were 4-0, now they're 4-4-1.  This team is a lot closer to an 82 point team than a 164 point team.  I'm hoping they're closer to a 90 point team.  They were slumping for a couple of games.  I think the Washington game was a decent effort but Wash is one of the best in the league and we would have to get them on an off night to win.

The kids will get there.  I've said for a long time, as long as the producing players aren't all the same age, the team can be sustainable.  In other words, they would't hit a cap crunch (or less likely to) and have to dismantle the team like Chicago and Boston have had to do.  This is why I think it's really important what Benning has done by bringing in guys like Sutter (27), Baertschi(24), Gudbranson (24), Rodin (25), Larsen (26), Stecher (22) together with drafted players like Gaunce (22), Horvat (21), Hutton (22), Virtanen (20), Boeser (19)

oops:  Granlund (23)

The Sedin's aren't going to win any sprints thats for sure. Ed Willes had a short article in the Province that talked about changing up the current style and playing the kids more, regardless of the consequences. He's right. I think the record and scoring to date shows that the model of trying to win 1 goal games in todays NHL isn't going to be possible for this team, its too fast and the Sedin's aren't going to be the machine they once were 5 on 5. They can still cycle the puck but though, its just not going to end up in net. 

I would love to see Baer-Bo-Jake set free in the offensive zone and play the Sedin's playing fewer minutes in a more defensive role and on the PP. Why not? The Torts year showed us that the Sedin's can play a solid defensive game and I think they'd be better playing 14-15 minutes per night, they aren't getting productive shifts anyway with more time and they'd be fresher on the power play. If we play a more aggressive style we'll get more of those too. 

But, its Willie's team and until he's gone i think this idea that we're going to win by 2-1 each night is going to dominate until the record is so bad no one can be in denial about it. 

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

The Sedin's aren't going to win any sprints thats for sure. Willies had a short article in the Province that talked about changing up the current style and playing the kids more, regardless of the consequences. He's right. I think the record and scoring to date shows that the model of trying to win 1 goal games in todays NHL isn't going to be possible for this team, its too fast and the Sedin's aren't going to be the machine they once were 5 on 5. They can still cycle the puck but though, its just not going to end up in net. 

I would love to see Baer-Bo-Jake set free in the offensive zone and play the Sedin's playing fewer minutes in a more defensive role and on the PP. Why not? The Torts year showed us that the Sedin's can play a solid defensive game and I think they'd be better playing 14-15 minutes per night, they aren't getting productive shifts anyway with more time and they'd be fresher on the power play. If we play a more aggressive style we'll get more of those too. 

But, its Willie's team and until he's gone i think this idea that we're going to win by 2-1 each night is going to dominate until the record is so bad no one can be in denial about it. 

That's really good news.  Thanks for finding and posting here.  Maybe the management team in Vancouver is starting to realize the majority of their fan base wants to see the youth movement, and if we lose, so be it.  At least we will be fun to watch.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That's really good news.  Thanks for finding and posting here.  Maybe the management team in Vancouver is starting to realize the majority of their fan base wants to see the youth movement, and if we lose, so be it.  At least we will be fun to watch.

Sorry Alf didn't mean to get you excited - meant to say Ed Willies, not "Willies". Automatic spellcheck strikes again. 

Archived