The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Monday Oct 31st Practice Update

Ossi Vaananen

8 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

WhoseTruck,

Gotta head out to work, but will reply here before takin off. The gist of my comment was(on pg4) we should all communicate(online forums) consistent with how we do in person. If we're offensive with people we hardly know(in person) sooner or later, one would find themself in a heated-encounter. How that turns out, & whether one prefers apple fritters are seperate variables...

I'm not the hostile, intimidating type. I don't like hurting others(in any manner), nor do I particularly want the proverbial frozen mukluk kickin' my arse, as it were.

Aside from our online-handles, I don't know any of the posters here(personally) away from CDC. Yet I enjoy discussing puck(& many topics) with a lotta' good folk here. I'd prob love a good coffee, donut & hockey-hobnob with any/everyone here too. Don't mind at all if someone poses the opposite viewpoint - that's what keeps the discussions goin, ferGawdsakes! In addition to all that blather, there's likely a varying degree in the range of what constitutes rudeness, amongst a wide range of posters. I bet lots of us post tripe that gets a little nasty, cos we might be stuck in a crap day..all that's trivial & comes out in the wash.

If you find my style offensive, you're certainly encouraged to put my posts on ignore. I haven't used that(or the minus-thingy), & don't really intend to..but sometimes I have to ignore myself!

It's an insane, f***ing frustrating world..so in a strange way, for me, CDC has become a sort of familiar 'comfort-food'. Better half says I'm gettin fat.

I like eggs?

The fact that Tryamkin practiced with Sbisa on Monday means that he is really close to being slotted into the line up.

Maybe not in Montreal, but he will definitely be playing on this roadtrip.

what's the schedule like for this upcoming roadtrip anyways? Is it as grueling as the Cali one?

Has our schedules always been this bad? Or have the Canucks been getting some pretty BS schedules with crazy back to backs to start the season for the past few years?

4 hours ago, Lafayettecrossbar said:

Who could Roger Takahashi have been referring to about the complaining? 

I doubt it's someone actually complaining, but probably just a bit of a negative attitude (can you blame them?)

Honestly I could see it being someone like Bo who plays to win and must be really frustrated atm. 

4 minutes ago, mll said:

Good. Send that punk back to Russia - I gained a lot of respect for him just watching him at training camp and how he was interacting with his team mates... but I've lost all respect after he "liked" the caps post of beating us... not to mention rejecting the conditioning stint. 

It's too bad... maybe if we had some fellow russians on the team they could teach him some manners? 

1 minute ago, apollo said:

Good. Send that punk back to Russia - I gained a lot of respect for him just watching him at training camp and how he was interacting with his team mates... but I've lost all respect after he "liked" the caps post of beating us... not to mention rejecting the conditioning stint. 

It's too bad... maybe if we had some fellow russians on the team they could teach him some manners? 

Do you know if he 'liked' all the previous games or just these two - it has less meaning if he simply 'liked' all Canucks games. 

5 minutes ago, mll said:

Do you know if he 'liked' all the previous games or just these two - it has less meaning if he simply 'liked' all Canucks games. 

I think he specifically liked the Washington's teams page announcing the 5-2 win and also one of the oilers wins... Or that's what it appears from @Ossi Vaananens post on page 2. 

It's not like he liked the Canucks post about the 5-2 loss... it's that it was specifically the other team and them beating us. 

That's just wrong imo. 

Just now, Kakanucks said:

Tryamkin seriously likes about every instagram post he likes.

Seen him like Canucks posts, Utica posts, NHL posts, posts from rival teams, posts from the KHL, posts of hot girls, posts of animals

Hmmm... but still, even the most trigger happy people when it comes to likes should refrain from liking a rival teams post about them beating your team no? 

Like had he liked it after we beat them, then it would be acceptable IMO. But to specifically like the canucks loss? 

Had he liked any of the other caps previous losses or anything? I can't see through 1000's of likes lol

1 minute ago, apollo said:

Hmmm... but still, even the most trigger happy people when it comes to likes should refrain from liking a rival teams post about them beating your team no? 

Like had he liked it after we beat them, then it would be acceptable IMO. But to specifically like the canucks loss? 

Had he liked any of the other caps previous losses or anything? I can't see through 1000's of likes lol

I don't know, I'm not always on instagram.

But pretty much see his name beside the posts on literally every single Canucks post too. Wins and losses.

Edit: This stupid twitter bug on IE is really making it hard to type and read when the post freaken scrolls down by itself like its possessed.

Half the time I have no idea what I'm typing and can't read $&!#. And when I finally post, ends up all wrong and then it takes like ninja skills to click the damn edit button.

29 minutes ago, Kakanucks said:

The fact that Tryamkin practiced with Sbisa on Monday means that he is really close to being slotted into the line up.

Maybe not in Montreal, but he will definitely be playing on this roadtrip.

what's the schedule like for this upcoming roadtrip anyways? Is it as grueling as the Cali one?

Has our schedules always been this bad? Or have the Canucks been getting some pretty BS schedules with crazy back to backs to start the season for the past few years?

I think most teams have crazy scheduling this year due to the World Cup hockey tournament at the beginning of the year...The back to backs on this trip are not too bad Montreal-Ottawa..NYI-NYR distance wise..

11 minutes ago, apollo said:

Or...maybe you should settle down and not be so trigger happy apollo?

50 minutes ago, apollo said:

Unless you are a 12 year old girl, you sound completely ridiculous.......even for you.  That's really, really, really saying something.

Archived