The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] PHI-VAN

Editing Proposal instead of starting a new thread...

PHI: Tanev

VAN: Schenn

Is value close? 

Original proposal... (lol)

PHI: Tanev, Baertschi, and CBJ 2nd

VAN: Schenn, Sanheim

Philadelphia moving forward has a plethora of LHD prospects. Provorov looks to be their future #1 defenseman, while they have offensive dynamo Gostisbehere playing right side. They also have defensive mammoth Morin and two-way Swede Hagg, both left-handed defensemen, in their system. Tanev would solidify their defense, giving them a top-pairing shutdown defenseman that will allow Provorov to flourish and play his offensive game. Baertschi gives the Flyers a potential 2nd line scorer and him alongside Konecny will replace the production of Schenn. They also get a likely early 2nd round pick.

Vancouver gets a 1st line forward, as Schenn was the 45th highest scoring forward in the NHL last season, and was also the 22nd highest scoring centre last season as well (NHL.com has him listed as a centre although stats-wise he doesn't take many faceoffs and mostly plays on the wing). He has good size at 6'1" and just under 200 lbs and plays a heavy game where he gets almost 200 hits each season. He plays a north-south game and scores the majority of his goals from the faceoff dots in. He has two 20-goal seasons (26 and 20 goals) and nearly two 30-assist seasons (33 and 29 assists). Schenn would look good alongside Horvat or Boeser or even Virtanen. Vancouver also gets a bluechip LHD prospect in Sanheim, who has the potential to be a top-4 or maybe top-2 defenseman.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Don't want those Philly players anyway.

Good, because the Canucks can't afford them.

Schenn - 6 points in 7 games

Sanheim (AHL defenseman) - 4 points in 6 games as a 20 year old.

Just now, Monty said:

Good, because the Canucks can't afford them.

Schenn - 6 points in 7 games

Sanheim (AHL defenseman) - 4 points in 6 games as a 20 year old.

Seriously Monty.  Why are you being so confrontational?  The .Canucks don't want (need) another centre and another d prospect.  That makes perfect sense.  Then you come back with a post that is totally antagonistic.  I'm really trying to be civil with you, but it is difficult.  Why are you on .CDC if you are a Jets fan, who likes antagonizing Canuck's fans?  Considering your tone, I think this is a very fair question for the open (public) forum.

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Seriously Monty.  Why are you being so confrontational?  The .Canucks don't want (need) another centre and another d prospect.  That makes perfect sense.  Then you come back with a post that is totally antagonistic.  I'm really trying to be civil with you, but it is difficult.  Why are you on .CDC if you are a Jets fan, who likes antagonizing Canuck's fans?  Considering your tone, I think this is a very fair question for the open (public) forum.

:huh:

48 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Probably because he is a jets fan.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

So no our moderators are other teams' fans, who can say antagonistic stuff to us, goading us into responding, then banning us?  Yup, that seems fair.

I was a long serving admin on a car site and I gotta tell you: Moderating is a selfless job (unless you get paid for it). You get all of the work and none of the glory.

Besides, the trade is a bit ridic. We as Canucks fans tend to get rose colored glasses when we talk about what we can get for our players. Right now, in the current market, Tanev is the only player we have that could net us something pretty decent, and even then it would have to include a first or second rounder THIS year for it to happen.

I'm just going to sit back until the Sedins contracts are up and the true painful part of the 'rebuild' comes. Until then, we're just gonna have to work with what we got.

7 hours ago, Monty said:

Philly declines.

4 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

I would like this deal to happen but I doubt Philly would accept and may ask for more considering Schenn's superstar upside

4 hours ago, BowtieCanuck said:

Every trade proposal I read in this subforum makes me think of the condesending responses the CPU in NHL games gives you for ridiculous trades.

Okok I guess value is wayyyyyy off, but what about the basis of a Brayden Schenn for Chris Tanev deal?

Or is there really no fit at all for a RHD to Philadelphia?

7 hours ago, BowtieCanuck said:

I was a long serving admin on a car site and I gotta tell you: Moderating is a selfless job (unless you get paid for it). You get all of the work and none of the glory.

Besides, the trade is a bit ridic. We as Canucks fans tend to get rose colored glasses when we talk about what we can get for our players. Right now, in the current market, Tanev is the only player we have that could net us something pretty decent, and even then it would have to include a first or second rounder THIS year for it to happen.

I'm just going to sit back until the Sedins contracts are up and the true painful part of the 'rebuild' comes. Until then, we're just gonna have to work with what we got.

Do you see the difference in tone between your response and Monty's?  Yours is objective, and without confrontation.  Of course the proposed trade will not happen, but this is a CANUCK'S board, and is for its fans to discuss things from our POV is a safe setting.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Do you see the difference in tone between your response and Monty's?  Yours is objective, and without confrontation.  Of course the proposed trade will not happen, but this is a CANUCK'S board, and is for its fans to discuss things from our POV is a safe setting.  

I'm a Canucks fan. from this point henceforth I shall be deliberately confrontational with you. 

And you could not be more wrong about this board. It is a forum to discuss the Canucks, hockey, tv, world events and many other subjects.

Get off your high horse and back to the pathetic 80s gimmick. If nothing else, it's less tiresome.

10 minutes ago, Captain Azzy said:

I'm a Canucks fan. from this point henceforth I shall be deliberately confrontational with you. 

And you could not be more wrong about this board. It is a forum to discuss the Canucks, hockey, tv, world events and many other subjects.

Get off your high horse and back to the pathetic 80s gimmick. If nothing else, it's less tiresome.

You are a Canuck's fan, so I ABSOLUTELY accept your tone.  You, as a true Canuk's fan are entitled to your antagonistic opinion here.  

For Alf the OP's proposal has no basis in reality.  However, we don't want either of those players.  

See Alf loves Canuck's fans.

9 hours ago, BowtieCanuck said:

Just saying there isn't much work to be done for some of the staff members on here because there is so much on. 

Archived