The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What would you name the Las Vegas team if it were up to you?

2 minutes ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

The Las Vegas Betman - watch, they'll get the top overall pick as per the Comish's edict.

Good one.  You bet no pun intended Bettman will do everything short of bringing in the mob to strong arm ticket sales to make this a successful venture.  They will be awarded a Cup within the first few years to generate credibility and hype.  On second thought he probably already has the boys waiting on hold awaiting his call.

3 hours ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

Not sure where you received the data for that name being marketable? That name reminds me of Perogies filled with chedder cheese, and delicious when fried in a skillet. 

I think most people should know what a peregrine falcon is since it's the fastest animal in the world. Pretty good symbol for a team playing the fastest sport in the world. Anything is better than the Desert Knights. 

7 hours ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

Outlaws, because this franchise epitomizes the cash grab that is the NHL these days. 

Where is Quebec City? Oh right they could not muster the 500 mill. 

This franchise will most likely fold or be supported by ratings in Canada in order to survive, another Phoenix. 

To any flamers name ONE pro sports franchise that has survived in Sin City. 

Now I don't have much support for another team going to the desert, in fact, I find it completely ridiculous. That's just my opinion and I'm sure it's shared, but let's see if you can name ONE pro sports franchise that had a shot there.

Oh yeah, the XFL folding and the CFL's attempt at US expansion (in outlaw country 2000 km from the Canadian border) don't count because, come on. A Canadian version of what Americans already love and a failed league were destined for collapse.

The NHL will be a hot ticket for a couple years, maybe longer if they ice a decent team, but I fear for the longevity of hockey in Vegas.  

Archived