The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposals) Trading for a First Line

Ok this might seem pretty Crazy!!!! considering we just picked up Ericsson!!! but who can we actually trade to get a guy with this type of caliber? Don't get me wrong Lou is a beaut! But I'm thinking future young stars who can take on the 1st line role of things to come..... Hear me out... I'm saying this could work and benefit our team in years to come..... So I came up with a solution;)

To Van

Nakita Kucherov 

To Tampa 

Lou Ericsson 

Maybe a high draft pick aswell for Kucherov. A 2nd Rd pick? if it can't go player for player? Which I don't see as a problem. I think they bout have simular value imo...

So let's say if this trade goes through... So Now we have Nakita Kucherov a young proven soon to be superstar wether u like it or not;) who will he play with on top line? This is what I was thinking:) he has a best friend who's ripping it up in the Khl and he's actually top of the league in scoring! His name is also Nakita! Nakita Gusev to be exact! We can prob grab him for a decent price tag imo!!! We can also buy out some ridiculous contracts and make room for this guy maybe trade a few of our older players for drafts picks maybe retain some salary to open more room for cap space! We will leave that up to the gm! Say if this does work and we get both Nakitas in a Nuk uniform! Now we have something to build from! Considering Boeser + Joulevi are coming up next season maybe!!! Now we have a future top line! 

Now i I think we need to Aquire one more player!!! Let's just say all in with this guy!!! We my as well imo... He could be a extremely great price tag for us!!! Aswell he can put the puck in the net!!! And he's from Vancouver! Sure he may seem Liable... But love him or hate him! He's got a hell of a shot and can make stuff happen on the ice! So let's trade for this guy!

To Van

Evander Kane

To Buffalo

Yannic Hansen + Luca Sbsia + 3rd Rd pick

Something along these lines for this transaction!!!

Now we have three players who can put up big points and can score Goals that we so Desperately Need in my opinion!!! I Also would propose to trade Edler or Tanev for a proven defencemen Quarterback player who can put up big points in key moments, powerplay etc.... If we can do this! Look out western division!!!! Canucks are coming to lay a whooping lol!!!! These are some lines I'm thinking for 2017/18 season!! Who knows maybe something simular this season!!! if we get these Dream Trades to go through!!! Nothing's impossible if you have the right people behind you!!!! 

1. Kucherov Sutter Gusev

2. Sedin Sedin Kane

3. Baertschi Horvat Rodin

4. Boeser Granlund Virtanen 

1. Edler Tanev

2. Hutton Gudbranson 

3. Joulevi Tryamkin/Larsen

1. Markstrom

3. Demko 

Now thats is a close as we can get to a rebuild success IMHO!!!!! If we can do this I'm sure we're gonna be successful in playoffs for years to come!!!! And who knows maybe some cups!!!!

Kucherov for Erickson? 

I would post a reply but I cannot stop laughing at that one, in fact I am laughing so hard that my hands can barely type, instead my dog had to fill in this response. He is barking and telling me that even he thinks that this proposal makes him howl at the moon. 

I do not mean to be rude, but come on man? What do you expect when you propose this type of deal. 

19 minutes ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

Kucherov for Erickson? 

I would post a reply but I cannot stop laughing at that one, in fact I am laughing so hard that my hands can barely type, instead my dog had to fill in this response. He is barking and telling me that even he thinks that this proposal makes him howl at the moon. 

I do not mean to be rude, but come on man? What do you expect when you propose this type of deal. 

You should prob go to sleep then lol;) or pass out;) one of the two! Idk bud I think it's something we need for the future! It's called reality:)

50 minutes ago, Knucks16 said:

You should prob go to sleep then lol;) or pass out;) one of the two! Idk bud I think it's something we need for the future! It's called reality:)

In what reality are you living in? Do you honestly think Stevie Y, the most gangster GM in the biz right now would trade a superstar on a great contract for a 31 year old on a 6 year bad contract? Your reasoning did not even make sense, so you think we will sign Kucherov's best bud in the KHL now? Not to mention Tampa is in a cap crunch so they would take on salary for this trade, it would not work even if Stevie Y was on adderall during the phone call with JB. 

You are out to lunch bud. Have another drink on me. 

Why would we trade Lou when we just signed him? My god what would other FA's we want to sign think when you trade a big ticket FA after 2 weeks into the season? 

The proposals section in CDC honestly gives me all the humor I need, this is as bad as the other proposal which had Drouin and Kucherov heading our way for our plugs. 

Kucherov:

Younger...check

Lower cap hit...check

Better skills...check

Higher ceiling...check

currently > 1 PPG ...check

30 goals scorer...check

Led his team in scoring (including a healthy Stamkos)...check

Eriksson:

Older...check

Higher cap hit, longer term...check

On the decline...check

currently 0 goals...check

30 goals scorer...check

Currently on pace for 36 pts (supposedly playing with players where he would post career numbers)...check

Yeah, throw-in a 2nd rounder and that should compensate the difference.

Aside from the huge difference in value...if Tampa Bay wanted Eriksson so bad...they should just have signed him for free in the summer and traded Kucherov for other greats assets instead or losing Kucherov for him.

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I wouldn't trade Hansen for Kane straight across, let alone add anything.

If Hansen + the Columbus 2nd gets us Evander, JB had better take that trade.  That's a cheap cost for Kane, who instantly slots in with the Twins.  If we do make a deal, we just better not trade away young guys! 

5 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

Decent work, i'm sure this will piss the usual trained monkeys right off

i have seen better mind you

Yeah, there's probably a bunch of idiots that don't think that Yzerman would be itching to dump a superstar for UFA he could have had this summer.  I'm sure these same negative nancies would mention something dumb like the salary cap.  Don't let people like that prevent you from rosterbating publicly. 

Personally, I would rather see us trade Erikssen for Gaudreau, Hansen for Marner, and Sbisa for Konecny.

Gaudreau Marner Konecny

Sedin Sedin Grenier (because he'll put the fear of god into people with all that height.)

Boo yah.

3 hours ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

In what reality are you living in? Do you honestly think Stevie Y, the most gangster GM in the biz right now would trade a superstar on a great contract for a 31 year old on a 6 year bad contract? Your reasoning did not even make sense, so you think we will sign Kucherov's best bud in the KHL now? Not to mention Tampa is in a cap crunch so they would take on salary for this trade, it would not work even if Stevie Y was on adderall during the phone call with JB. 

You are out to lunch bud. Have another drink on me. 

Why would we trade Lou when we just signed him? My god what would other FA's we want to sign think when you trade a big ticket FA after 2 weeks into the season? 

The proposals section in CDC honestly gives me all the humor I need, this is as bad as the other proposal which had Drouin and Kucherov heading our way for our plugs. 

There's no way that'd be legal.

As was mentioned earlier, you do not trade your prized FA signing 2 weeks into the season. That's ridiculous. No FA would want to come here after that, might as well sign somewhere else.

This isn't NHL17 where it doesn't matter what morale changes happen from trading away a star player, this is the real deal with real people, real emotions and real repercussions. Loui will turn it around. And if he doesn't, then you send him packing at the deadline or in the off season for whatever you can get for him. His $6m contract will look way worse if he doesn't perform here and the return will likely be garbage, but if he does perform, he stays here and we all forget about that one trade proposal that had him shipped off to TB 2 weeks into the season..

I know I have done things like that on my Xbox, but that would never fly in real life.

6 hours ago, Knucks16 said:

Ok this might seem pretty Crazy!!!! considering we just picked up Ericsson!!! but who can we actually trade to get a guy with this type of caliber? Don't get me wrong Lou is a beaut! But I'm thinking future young stars who can take on the 1st line role of things to come..... Hear me out... I'm saying this could work and benefit our team in years to come..... So I came up with a solution;)

To Van

Nakita Kucherov 

To Tampa 

Lou Ericsson 

Maybe a high draft pick aswell for Kucherov. A 2nd Rd pick? if it can't go player for player? Which I don't see as a problem. I think they bout have simular value imo...

So let's say if this trade goes through... So Now we have Nakita Kucherov a young proven soon to be superstar wether u like it or not;) who will he play with on top line? This is what I was thinking:) he has a best friend who's ripping it up in the Khl and he's actually top of the league in scoring! His name is also Nakita! Nakita Gusev to be exact! We can prob grab him for a decent price tag imo!!! We can also buy out some ridiculous contracts and make room for this guy maybe trade a few of our older players for drafts picks maybe retain some salary to open more room for cap space! We will leave that up to the gm! Say if this does work and we get both Nakitas in a Nuk uniform! Now we have something to build from! Considering Boeser + Joulevi are coming up next season maybe!!! Now we have a future top line! 

Now i I think we need to Aquire one more player!!! Let's just say all in with this guy!!! We my as well imo... He could be a extremely great price tag for us!!! Aswell he can put the puck in the net!!! And he's from Vancouver! Sure he may seem Liable... But love him or hate him! He's got a hell of a shot and can make stuff happen on the ice! So let's trade for this guy!

To Van

Evander Kane

To Buffalo

Yannic Hansen + Luca Sbsia + 3rd Rd pick

Something along these lines for this transaction!!!

Now we have three players who can put up big points and can score Goals that we so Desperately Need in my opinion!!! I Also would propose to trade Edler or Tanev for a proven defencemen Quarterback player who can put up big points in key moments, powerplay etc.... If we can do this! Look out western division!!!! Canucks are coming to lay a whooping lol!!!! These are some lines I'm thinking for 2017/18 season!! Who knows maybe something simular this season!!! if we get these Dream Trades to go through!!! Nothing's impossible if you have the right people behind you!!!! 

1. Kucherov Sutter Gusev

2. Sedin Sedin Kane

3. Baertschi Horvat Rodin

4. Boeser Granlund Virtanen 

1. Edler Tanev

2. Hutton Gudbranson 

3. Joulevi Tryamkin/Larsen

1. Markstrom

3. Demko 

Now thats is a close as we can get to a rebuild success IMHO!!!!! If we can do this I'm sure we're gonna be successful in playoffs for years to come!!!! And who knows maybe some cups!!!!

Why are you yelling!!!!!!

The Kane deal could work.... we're probably going to lose one of Hansen, Granlund or Rodin to the expansion draft anyway, and adding him probably brings enough jam with it to wake up line lines, assuming Willie doesn't keep coaching to try to win 1-0 games. 

Archived