The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks Recall D Troy Stecher

b3.

22 hours ago, timberz21 said:

As much as Stecher deserve to be recalled...we can't spend the season sending him back and forth because the point on sending him down is to get him minutes and consistency playing hard minutes.  If we keep doing this, the guy will be exhausted and confused come Christmas time.   What's the point of keeping Biega up if he won't play. Stetcher shouldn't be an ermergency callup. 

The only way this makes sense is if Tanev is gone for at least 3-4 weeks, hence stability for Stetcher.

There has been so many posts about JB not having good asset management and I feel like that's whats at play here. They say its a transition year , that might just mean making past the expansion draft without losing someone they want moving forward,

23 hours ago, apollo said:

Wouldn't mind if Subban or Pedan got called up as well 

Subban has been a healthy scratch in Utica this year. I have a feeling he won't be seeing the NHL for quite some time until management trusts his 200' game a lot more.

And word on Pedan is he's been pretty unimpressive in the A outside of like, one highlight reel hit.
I think they both still have time before we see them.
Sort of disappointing. They both have such high potential.

1 hour ago, EmilyM said:

Subban has been a healthy scratch in Utica this year. I have a feeling he won't be seeing the NHL for quite some time until management trusts his 200' game a lot more.

And word on Pedan is he's been pretty unimpressive in the A outside of like, one highlight reel hit.
I think they both still have time before we see them.
Sort of disappointing. They both have such high potential.

He was scratched for 1 game and still leads all AHL defencemen in points. his defensive game isn't up to par but neither is larson and neither was weber. hopefully there is room for him to play in the future.

Archived