The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning Interview 1040..Nov 4,2016

Honky Cat

1 minute ago, Honky Cat said:

To be fair...the Canucks have only really been 'out' of 2 games this season..IMO...The Anaheim game,and the first Ottawa game...

Canucks have trailed in pretty much every game this year. Only led for 30 minutes.

Lucky to even won a game so far....

The TANK is on.   JB is delusional.  

3 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

To be fair...the Canucks have only really been 'out' of 2 games this season..IMO...The Anaheim game,and the first Ottawa game...

My resentment towards his opinion is that we've been chasing every game except Buffalo.

Sure sure, "in it" and "bored the other team to near death" are totally the same thing.

When a cat is smacking a mouse around for entertainment, but the mouse still thinks it has a chance, is the mouse actually "in it"?

Normally I'm not so cynical, but these guys, I tell ya, they bring out the sour puss in me. 

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Canucks have trailed in pretty much every game this year. Only led for 30 minutes.

Lucky to even won a game so far....

The TANK is on.   JB is delusional.  

True,...but they were lucky to win 4 straight,and unlucky not to win some of these last 7.....It does take certain amount of skill to come back from a deficit...Also,..If the Canucks were just absolute crap (like an expansion team),that would be very apparent as well..but its not the case..there are good players on the team.

3 minutes ago, luckylager said:

My resentment towards his opinion is that we've been chasing every game except Buffalo.

Sure sure, "in it" and "bored the other team to near death" are totally the same thing.

When a cat is smacking a mouse around for entertainment, but the mouse still thinks it has a chance, is the mouse actually "in it"?

Normally I'm not so cynical, but these guys, I tell ya, they bring out the sour puss in me. 

The Canucks are like a cat with no teeth..we just gum the mouse to death.

1 minute ago, Honky Cat said:

The Canucks are like a cat with no teeth..we just gum the mouse to death.

Sorry, made me choke on my drink between LL's comment and your response!  On a Friday night of what has seemed like a long week, I really appreciate the laugh!  Thank You!   Much of what I enjoy reading through everyone's comments are the tremendous humour that is expressed.  Sometimes the negativity gets a bit much, but I go away for awhile and then come back refreshed.  I get some tremendous laughs out of many of the comments!  

Well played both of you!

1 minute ago, skategal said:

Sorry, made me choke on my drink between LL's comment and your response!  On a Friday night of what has seemed like a long week, I really appreciate the laugh!  Thank You!   Much of what I enjoy reading through everyone's comments are the tremendous humour that is expressed.  Sometimes the negativity gets a bit much, but I go away for awhile and then come back refreshed.  I get some tremendous laughs out of many of the comments!  

Well played both of you!

Cheers skategal. You enjoy that drink

Just now, LateNightBus said:

Just re-discovered Tryamkin?

Wonder why they did not hire Brandon Pirri when he was available? maybe too injury prone

Maybe because we have Tram in the system.. and they didn't expect him to go all Wellwood over the summer..? I dunno man, but I wouldn't have been stoked on Pirri getting in the way of our prospects 

Honestly it's more of the same from Trader Jim. Saying that the team would win games if they had scored a few goals doesn't guarantee a win. The defense usually just hangs around when they have for instance a 2 goal lead most teams in the league. I don't think our defencemen are like that. The Buffalo game showed we can win with the lead. Scoring the game's first goal is crucial to this team's success and it's a real confidence boost. Hopefully they snap out of this funk sooner rather than later. GCG!

33 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I hope Willie got the message to get more guys to the net. 

Clearly Benning stated that they've had to advise Willie on deployment. Never a good sign when a GM and president have to train the coach. He's as good as gone. Back to the minors. 

Archived