The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning Interview 1040..Nov 4,2016

Honky Cat

This team has not been able to develop young talent.  They lack the leadership, vision and willingness to let young players learn and make mistakes. 

They have played favorites with existing older players and tried to recycle players no one else wanted.  If I am a younger player this is one of the last places I would want to be. At least until the Sedins and Burrows are gone.  

By the way I am and always have been a Sedin and Burrows fan, just not the current slow, older, expensive and unproductive versions.  Sad to watch actually.

PS: I wonder if the Sedins will retire after his year if they can't produce anymore:

In 11 games: Daniel has 4 pts and is a -5 / Henrik has 5 pts and is a -6 / Eriksson has 4 pts and is -4 and in 7 games Burrows has 0 pts.

Total salary cap hit $24,500,000.  I never would have guessed this.  They seem too proud to cash a cheque if they can't earn it anymore.

12 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Blame Dorsett he nicknamed Virtanen Big country so you know he will be a bust and never reach his potential here.

Fwiw, the nickname comes from Horvat and Prust - Virtanen did a Q&A yesterday and was asked about that.

18 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

He flat out said he wouldn't trade Boeser, Demko, and Juolevi.

Also said "It would be nice to have some players who have the courage to drive to the net every time". Not holding back on that one.

A little tough to drive the net when you're pinned in your own end all the time and when you do get out, the system appears to only allow for one attacking player in the zone at a time

18 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

And in 5 years when Juolevi is competing with Tryamkin and Stecher for the Norris, Tkachucklehead will be nursing his 4th concussion. 

Time will tell I wasnt  impressed  with Juolevi this preseason. I dont think he'll be the best d man outta the 2016 draft but again time will tell. Chucky's a warrior if he has concussion we'll never here of it, he's here for a long career just like his Pappy.

2 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Aquilini is the owner. It would be naive to say he doesn't have input on the transactions of the team.  He absolutely should. He's the one paying the bills (courtesy of the fans).

This city's fanbase is one of the biggest whiners in the league. Some teams had really really bad owners (i.e. cheap/thrifty) and fans had good reason.

Now you have an owner willing to spend to the cap and people are whining. It's incredulous.

I know he does, it just would be better if he gave the green light to Benning and co to do a full rebuild without the expectation of making the playoffs. 

Its going to happen anyways once the Sedins retire, it would be nice to be a few years ahead.

2 hours ago, Borvat said:

This team has not been able to develop young talent.  They lack the leadership, vision and willingness to let young players learn and make mistakes. 

They have played favorites with existing older players and tried to recycle players no one else wanted.  If I am a younger player this is one of the last places I would want to be. At least until the Sedins and Burrows are gone.  

By the way I am and always have been a Sedin and Burrows fan, just not the current slow, older, expensive and unproductive versions.  Sad to watch actually.

PS: I wonder if the Sedins will retire after his year if they can't produce anymore:

In 11 games: Daniel has 4 pts and is a -5 / Henrik has 5 pts and is a -6 / Eriksson has 4 pts and is -4 and in 7 games Burrows has 0 pts.

Total salary cap hit $24,500,000.  I never would have guessed this.  They seem too proud to cash a cheque if they can't earn it anymore.

Benn should've retired too before last game. And Kopitar, Henrique, Bergeron, R. Johansen, Neal, Palat, RNH, Ladd, Krejci, Landeskog, Stone, Fabbri, Soderberg, Monahan, Duclair, Brassaed, Reinhart, Ryan, Barkov, etc., etc...

They all have 5 points or less too..... 11 games in... Have U watched a season of NHL before? Nobody stays hot for 82 games including Mathews, McDavid, Getzlaf, Kopitar, Benn, Seguin, etc., etc... 

19 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

I was just trying to point out to him that it was a 67 year old GM that won the Cup. These are good comparisons as well.

Has nothing to do with the age of the GM, rather how they think the game. Please try and keep up to what i'm saying.

3 hours ago, Borvat said:

I hope they are smart enough to know when they are done and do the right thing for the franchise.

46 minutes ago, hearditall said:

Benn should've retired too before last game. And Kopitar, Henrique, Bergeron, R. Johansen, Neal, Palat, RNH, Ladd, Krejci, Landeskog, Stone, Fabbri, Soderberg, Monahan, Duclair, Brassaed, Reinhart, Ryan, Barkov, etc., etc...

They all have 5 points or less too..... 11 games in... Have U watched a season of NHL before? Nobody stays hot for 82 games including Mathews, McDavid, Getzlaf, Kopitar, Benn, Seguin, etc., etc... 

Yes we have watched complete seasons, but the Sedin's are noticeably slower than even last year and their cycle is not as effective either so it's not just about the start of the season, but how they are competing on the ice that is the real worry. 

At this point I don't see either of them getting over 50 points each, thats not enough for 7 mil players no matter how you cut it.

9 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

Yes we have watched complete seasons, but the Sedin's are noticeably slower than even last year and their cycle is not as effective either so it's not just about the start of the season, but how they are competing on the ice that is the real worry. 

At this point I don't see either of them getting over 50 points each, thats not enough for 7 mil players no matter how you cut it.

Is that the over/under, 50 points.  

My money is going on over...

6 hours ago, mll said:

Fwiw, the nickname comes from Horvat and Prust - Virtanen did a Q&A yesterday and was asked about that.

Man I hate Prust knew he was garbage before he refused to fight the young guys battles. As much as I hate that little Dorsett midget who doesn't accomplish anything when fighting except getting his ass beat.

On 05/11/2016 at 2:53 PM, Rocksterh8 said:

U got under 50...lol :shock::sadno:

I got over 50...::D:towel:

We'll keep a close eye on this...B)

On 05/11/2016 at 2:53 PM, Rocksterh8 said:

How much did U wanna wager?

Archived