The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Moves we want management to make

Beary Sweet

I dont think we have a thread of this yet so I'm going to start one. There are so holes in our lineup that have to be filled. We have promising players like Baer, Granlund, Virt, Gaunce all in the lineup but they have been struggling early to start off the year. Players like Larsen, Eriksson have not lived up to what we would hope they would be for our team. The Sedins have had a slow start also and they are slow. I really hope they start picking up their play soon. Not ready to give on them quite yet. 

There are so many moves I want management to make. We have very little to dangle but this team can easily be a great team with one move and that might even provide a spark to this team and somehow launch us into the playoffs.Firstly is we trade Edler/Tanev for a great playmaker/sniper like Landy, Spooner, Jenner, etc. Sure teams may be reluctant to part with their big pieces but with some strong convincing and negotiating, a deal could be done. Secondly is what everyone would agree with or maybe mostly is leaving Stecher up with the big club. Sure he needs 20+ minutes at Utica so he can develop into a smooth two way defenceman we haven't had in a long time since 2011 Ehrroff and Edler but why not just leave him here with the big club where he can develop properly and see what we have in him. It doesn't look like this team will become a contender or playoff team anytime soon. I hope they prove me wrong. 

What moves would you like to see from management?

I keep hearing Tanev for this player and Tanev for that player...hes very good, a Canuck favorite and has gotten some notoriety around the league but he is just slightly above your average top 6 dman league wide...a Tanev straight up for the likes of Landeskog etc is beyond crazy. Tanev can barely even stay healthy for 60 games a year over his career and adds NOTHING in the way of offense or physicality. He was a gem find/signing by Gillis, but enough is enough...

I'm not here to bash Willie, but I would love to see Ralph Krueger here next year

Seems like a really positive guy which I feel this team needs. He has been described as a "great communicator, positive thinker and a motivator". I think he would gel with the team, especially the young guys, and sorry to bring him up again but also better than WD..

He did a great job with a mixed up group of players on team Europe and that is close to what we have here in Van (minus the all-star talent-_-)

I know he is head of some football club in Europe but after the WCH, when asked about potentially coaching in the NHL, he certainly didn't say no (actually sounded like he would be interested)

I hope we hold onto all of our 2017 draft picks and maybe add a couple of extra ones if the opportunity presents itself through the course of the season. Our biggest shortcoming remains our development system. We just hacve to finally get around to shoring it up this season, it can't really be something we have cooking on the backburner anymore. We need to place drafting and development front and center.

29 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Even a bad draft class can land you a Henrik Zetterberg in the late rounds.

I say keep the picks

Yeah. Good/bad drafts usually refer to the top end of the draft. After the first round, it's anyone's guess every year.

26 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

I would not like to see any moves right now.....let the roster right itself first (its still early).....before we start talking about moves...We would be dealing from an absolute weakness now...........wait. 

Or a strength. The way we've been losing, our 2nd rounder could be viewed as a late first around the league. 

2 hours ago, 'NucK™ said:

I'm not here to bash Willie, but I would love to see Ralph Krueger here next year

Seems like a really positive guy which I feel this team needs. He has been described as a "great communicator, positive thinker and a motivator". I think he would gel with the team, especially the young guys, and sorry to bring him up again but also better than WD..

He did a great job with a mixed up group of players on team Europe and that is close to what we have here in Van (minus the all-star talent-_-)

I know he is head of some football club in Europe but after the WCH, when asked about potentially coaching in the NHL, he certainly didn't say no (actually sounded like he would be interested)

Krueger is a name I haven't thought of, but intriguing.  

Either way, what does WD have to do to get fired. Seven game losing streak with three shut outs. No changes to the line up, using Horvat as a defensive center when he and Hansen have been our only decent forwards. Keeping Eriksson with the twins, which can work, but clearly he was snake bit by that own goal in game one.  

The list goes on and on. This team can't trade its way out of trouble unless we move out more than we get back. The draft is a long way off and unless they want to throw the towel in this early and tank on purpose I see no reason to keep WD. We have nothing to lose by making a coaching change. 

EW. 

Archived