The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Moves we want management to make

Beary Sweet

How does management resigning help the team?

How is a different GM going to make trades to improve the team? Unless we get into the vicious cycle of trading our future for the now.

WHICH IS EXACTLY what fans at the start of the season didn't want!

Changing the coach is a shake up and historically wakes the team up. 

This is the reason they say they want to make the team competitive. Because fans can't even handle a losing streak, and a scoreless drought. 

Isn't finishing last what some fans have been screaming for? Well, you got your wish, full speed ahead for the iceberg!

in a couple of years, we should look something like this.

ericksson      ..........        boeser

virtanen        sutter         hansen

granlund       horvat        rodin

..............       gaunce       ..............

juolevi           tanev

hutton           gudbranson

brisebois      stecher

tryamkin       larsen

markstrom     demko

i hope willie is still here to guide them.

As much as I would love to see us trade one of Edler / Tanev for a top tier forward, I'm not sure that either of those have as much value around the league as we assume.

Both are solid players no doubt, but Edler is getting older and hasn't been the same since his back injury + NYC. Tanev is probably our best bargaining chip, but it will only work if our trade partner is looking for a defensively stay-at-home D-man who won't provide any offense...IMO Tanev is too one dimensional go fetch a top tier player.

20 minutes ago, clutesi said:

How about no more stop gap, panic moves? Make a long term plan to develop a team that can win the cup, then stick to the plan. That would be a nice couple of moves.

They do have a plan and they are sticking to it. The problem is media clowns and impatient fans want to project their views onto the team based on their own expectations and interpretations of the terms "rebuild" or "retool".

How many of those same idiots predicted that we would be a middle to bottom team. Because we got a fast start all the fools started with the parade planning idiocy. Bitter reality is that we are still a work in progress.

We can't trade the Sedins and until they are gone the whiners will use that as their beacon of whining. Why?; because you can't use the term rebuild as long as there are players over the age of 23 on the team. Stupidity, plain and simple.

Change is happening right now. Look at the players in and out in the last year not only for the Canucks, but also for the Comets.

2 hours ago, elvis15 said:

You do realize there's a whole sub-forum devoted to threads of moves people would like to see the Canucks make?

http://forum.canucks.com/forum/33-proposals-and-armchair-gming/

Yes but having a thread on it in this section will be helpful. We can discuss the promotions of players from the minors to the big club of the players we want to see up here as well like Subban, Pedan, etc

13 hours ago, shattenkirk8 said:

Still think we should go for Kane. 

Gaunce + 2nd for Kane

Gaunce is proving wicked checker, hard on the puck, in your face 4t line centre with size and speed. And he's generating chances with, cough, Burrows and Dorsett. He's also responsible. My expectation is he'll be the perfect big 3rd line centre within 2 years.

I'm for Kane. But only selling veterans.  No more of our young players. Particularly one just on the cusp of making it.

Ryan Miller for Jaroslav Halak. 

- wants out of the Islanders

- 1 more season under contract for veteran goaltender in tandem with  Markstrom until  Demko is ready .

- 4.75 million / season

- possibility of making it a multi player deal adding a defenceman for a forward.

2 hours ago, smithers joe said:

in a couple of years, we should look something like this.

ericksson      ..........        boeser

virtanen        sutter         hansen

granlund       horvat        rodin

..............       gaunce       ..............

juolevi           tanev

hutton           gudbranson

brisebois      stecher

tryamkin       larsen

markstrom     demko

i hope willie is still here to guide them.

I hope Willie sticks around too Joe. I like Willie D.

7 hours ago, Positive Canuck said:

i think we should get some more soft euros in the lineup, clearly a few more guys that can't get to the net or finish a check is whats needed.

Who exactly are those "soft euros" we already have?  Oh yes ... Hansen, Granlund, Baertschi, Sbisa, Tryamkin.  or just another poke at the Twins, Erikksson (hardly soft) and Larsen?  Be more specific.

Spoiler

The curre

36 minutes ago, jimmyking8888 said:

I would want JB Trade all veterans for draft picks.   All the veterans can prove their worth on some other teams.  Let the young guns play and develop. 

The problem is ownership doesn't see value in starting over. This team has a void in top end young talent and its killing them. Plus WD is not a coach with enough experience at the NHL level. Blame ownership

17 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

I dont think we have a thread of this yet so I'm going to start one. There are so holes in our lineup that have to be filled. We have promising players like Baer, Granlund, Virt, Gaunce all in the lineup but they have been struggling early to start off the year. Players like Larsen, Eriksson have not lived up to what we would hope they would be for our team. The Sedins have had a slow start also and they are slow. I really hope they start picking up their play soon. Not ready to give on them quite yet. 

There are so many moves I want management to make. We have very little to dangle but this team can easily be a great team with one move and that might even provide a spark to this team and somehow launch us into the playoffs.Firstly is we trade Edler/Tanev for a great playmaker/sniper like Landy, Spooner, Jenner, etc. Sure teams may be reluctant to part with their big pieces but with some strong convincing and negotiating, a deal could be done. Secondly is what everyone would agree with or maybe mostly is leaving Stecher up with the big club. Sure he needs 20+ minutes at Utica so he can develop into a smooth two way defenceman we haven't had in a long time since 2011 Ehrroff and Edler but why not just leave him here with the big club where he can develop properly and see what we have in him. It doesn't look like this team will become a contender or playoff team anytime soon. I hope they prove me wrong. 

What moves would you like to see from management?

Some would suggest that "that move" would involve moving south of the border.

regards,  G.

14 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Even a bad draft class can land you a Henrik Zetterberg in the late rounds.

I say keep the picks

Not saying you're wrong, however, if a team's scouting is so good that they can find a Zetterberg in the later rounds, then why are they waiting until the later rounds to make that selection? 

regards,  G.

19 hours ago, 'NucK™ said:

I'm not here to bash Willie, but I would love to see Ralph Krueger here next year

Seems like a really positive guy which I feel this team needs. He has been described as a "great communicator, positive thinker and a motivator". I think he would gel with the team, especially the young guys, and sorry to bring him up again but also better than WD..

He did a great job with a mixed up group of players on team Europe and that is close to what we have here in Van (minus the all-star talent-_-)

I know he is head of some football club in Europe but after the WCH, when asked about potentially coaching in the NHL, he certainly didn't say no (actually sounded like he would be interested)

Freddy Krueger was around the Edmonton kids already.

Archived