The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gudbranson utters threats; fine/suspension worthy?

CAkNUCKle sandwich

30 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

1. Elite boxing ability. 

2. Hal Gill was a complete non fighter and basically a gentle giant.  

There is no relative comparison here. 

He fought the 6'7" , 230lb Boris Valabik too and actually was even more successful than against Gill.

Just now, RRypien37 said:

I'm aware. By my username you should be able to tell I am huge fan of the former. 

Makes sense. Your point with Gill is valid, and indeed he fought big fighters as well as Gill.

59 minutes ago, The Weasel said:

I think Gudbranson is going to kick the living $&!# out of him, but that's just me. I've seen him fight. Gudbranson knows what's up. I'll pass on having some scrub in the lineup that can play hockey and just comes and fights every once in awhile, especially when we have someone like gudbranson that can deal with it effectively. 

As much as I would like to agree with you we already have a bunch of scrubs in our lineup. Might as well have one that can throw down because we already have a bunch that can't play hockey at this level. I bet we could pick up a real all star like john scott for basically nothing. 

12 minutes ago, canuckleheads fan said:

Did Gudbranson play this game? He had his chances to stand up for his teammates, but it was Burrows who took no Reilly. Gudbranson played a very soft -4 game. He and Hutton were by far our worst defensive pair. All bark and I bite.

Untrue. He made this comments ONLY AFTER Martin went after Stetcher and was given a game misconduct for it. Guddy had no chance to go after him. 

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

It's heresay until you have an actual video-audio tape coverage of what was actually said and who said it. Otherwise its gossip and speculation..probably a TO reporter getting his rocks off.

Huh? You know Dan Murphy and Jon Abbott are Vancouver broadcasters right?

2 hours ago, CAkNUCKle sandwich said:

So after what Gudbranson said, do you guys think that the league will hand him a fine/suspension?

This is being blown way out of proportion lol :picard:

Probably not the worst thing said or yelled after a very emotional game where a team had it handed to them. Other than perhaps a scripted fight involving Martin or even Kadri the game next month will be tame with exception of the usual Leafs / Canucks game atmosphere.

This is not a " Steve Moore " incident in the making. Again Martin sure you don't manhandle a teams rookie whom you are double the size but you also send a message to a team who's enforcer didn't fight him when the opportunity was there and fought an agitator instead. He let it be known if you are going to fight a less than willing combatant who is not someone known to drop the gloves, it will go both ways and he can do that too.

Again a douche move on Martin's part but he is allowed to send a message too. 

2 hours ago, Moonshinefe said:

I sort of doubt it'll happen, but I could see it being a fineable offence. It sets a bad precedent to let players utter threats when the media around, this isn't WWE.

Ya bad timing. Its funny though because everyone knows its as big of a part of hockey as a shin pad. Everyone see s guys yellling and screaming , kickin the crap outa each other , mouthing the same exact words on the ice while the camera is on them , but hey , not in the hallway. Lol. We all support and pay tickets watching it happen every single game but NOT IN THE HALLWAY! Lol. Society is so screwed up. 

They probably will fine him for something thats encouraged by every single coach in the league. The fans that wana pretend they dont like it are a joke. Thatz hockey. Thats what they do. Lets not pretend its not ok in the hallway but perfectly fine on camera on the ice. They have opnely paid guys that cant even play hockey to go out and do excatly what eric did. Guys made careers out of it. 

In the words of the coach from goon, " this is not bleeping baseball"

3 hours ago, Realtor Rod said:

Hey, remember that time a punk went after our star player eith a head shot and then the next time those teams played #44 went crazy and broke his neck... anyone else having a little deja vu?

Yeah, Nazzy was the leading scorer and the MVP candidate on a team looking to make some noise in the playoffs and Moore was a player on an archrival. But the thing with Moore is that he cowarded away from fighting anyone similarly sized or bigger than him. He chose to fight and defeated smaller Matt Cooke, which angered the entire team even more. Martin won't cower away from a fight so they will get that out of the way and the game can continue. 

And uh... we don't have someone like Bertuzzi who physically dominates everyone else on the ice anymore so don't think that will happen.

"[insert name] is dead" is more of a expression of retaliation rather than a death threat isn't it? anyone making it any bigger than that.. you gotta question their intelligence especially after the circumstances. Gudbranson says that after a feisty hockey game, in a hockey locker room, I'm pretty sure he obviously means they are going after him the next time they play rather than hiring a hitman. 

If it can be considered a death threat, a lot of my childhood friends should be in jail for uttering that as well. During ice hockey games, soccer games, on the street while playing something, or when someone has been a little mean towards them. I've heard that sentence so many times without actually thinking its a serious death threat. Too much PC going on. 

12 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

"[insert name] is dead" is more of a expression of retaliation rather than a death threat isn't it? anyone making it any bigger than that.. you gotta question their intelligence especially after the circumstances. Gudbranson says that after a feisty hockey game, in a hockey locker room, I'm pretty sure he obviously means they are going after him the next time they play rather than hiring a hitman. 

If it can be considered a death threat, a lot of my childhood friends should be in jail for uttering that as well. During ice hockey games, soccer games, on the street while playing something, or when someone has been a little mean towards them. I've heard that sentence so many times without actually thinking its a serious death threat. Too much PC going on. 

its like someone pulling down your pants, or ripping your tear aways in grade 4. "omg, johnny's so dead!"

37 minutes ago, khay said:

Yeah, Nazzy was the leading scorer and the MVP candidate on a team looking to make some noise in the playoffs and Moore was a player on an archrival. But the thing with Moore is that he cowarded away from fighting anyone similarly sized or bigger than him. He chose to fight and defeated smaller Matt Cooke, which angered the entire team even more. Martin won't cower away from a fight so they will get that out of the way and the game can continue. 

And uh... we don't have someone like Bertuzzi who physically dominates everyone else on the ice anymore so don't think that will happen.

The media loves it...something to dogpile on...after all..they started it.

Gotta get that first tweet out there,,,brownie points.

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

was there an actual recording?

irrelevant.

if it was some nobody bystander reporting this, then sure, question it.

but it's two accredited members of the professional media, reporting a direct quote, word-for-word. that's as good as a recording. it was said. 100%.

do you refuse to believe what you read in the newspaper? you know journalism existed before audio and video recording technology, right?

Almost as ridiculous as the election down South of the border...

In one corner Blind sided head shots, attacking the smallest rookie etc. v. in the other corner a player after the game saying ' he's dead'...

Hockey players are supposed to be tough... not quire boys...

This whole tread is a flipping joke

1 hour ago, khay said:

Kadri and Sedin and Goody going after him has nothing to do with the beating goody is going to lay on martin first.

6 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

I want to see Martin punished for his actions. Only guy on our team who could KO Martin is Pedan. I really hope he gets a call up against Toronto that game. As well as what ever other tough guy fighters we have in the system. My dream is we build a team of guys who all can win fights. Being a fan of this team for the past 10 years has been painful. In the late 90's early 2000's it was a much tougher team. 

Guddy, Tryamkin or Dorsett could easily take a bully like Martin. 

Archived