The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gudbranson utters threats; fine/suspension worthy?

CAkNUCKle sandwich

6 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

His point is the Canucks have no one to actually stand up to a heavy like Martin. Shoving and pushing/grappling in a pile like Hutton and Sutter does nothing. 

that's why the Nucks should target their star players and let Martin come after them. Two birds with one stone and you get an eye for an eye result because they ran our best players so we run theirs

Having said that...revenge is a dish best served cold...therefore, they should target with purpose.

An erroneous puck to Babcock's mellon would be unintentional as well.

Keep in mind, Toronto's dirt bags can still target our guys as well...this could get interesting or go down uneventful.

If uneventful, then our guys are soft and should go and play in Europe

5 hours ago, canuckleheads fan said:

Did Gudbranson play this game? He had his chances to stand up for his teammates, but it was Burrows who took no Reilly. Gudbranson played a very soft -4 game. He and Hutton were by far our worst defensive pair. All bark and I bite.

Exactly....talk is cheap just like a Canucks ticket will be.

7 hours ago, Rey said:

Everyone is getting soft. On Dec 3, if Matt Martin dresses. He better be dead. Heck, Morgan Reilly and Nazem Kadri should be dead too. Back in the good old days, teams would bond in these type of scenarios. Fight for each other, and every year we see our top guys get hit and nobody does anything. Hansen gets destroyed and he goes and fights the guy that destroys the Sedins? What a joke. Team is soft like butter. What happened to chivalry? This team is a mess and everyone, including the team knows it. All the good teams with core guys have guys protecting each other. It sad that we have to see Burrows be the guy to retaliate. We have lots of guys that think they are tough guys. Do something. 

We acquired Gudbranson to do this sort of thing but he alone isn't enough. Ryan Miller had to be guy protecting Stretcher? What a joke. Team is a mess. 

I'm not sure how many times this needs to be said but the gut less thing about the Martin move was that he did it while the Canucks had Baertschi, Sutter, Hutton, Erikkson?, and obviously stetcher on the ice. All the players that would have done something about it were either already out of the game or on the bench.

2 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I'm not sure how many times this needs to be said but the gut less thing about the Martin move was that he did it while the Canucks had Baertschi, Sutter, Hutton, Erikkson?, and obviously stetcher on the ice. All the players that would have done something about it were either already out of the game or on the bench.

Agreed but isn't it the coach's job to read the game and put the appropriate players on the ice. 

Home team has last change so clipboard should have been ready with the right personnel .

Canuck fans always look for the negative just like our media. Players like Gudbranson and Tryamkin  make us a tougher team. Our goal tending has been outstanding through this losing streak. Stecher looks like a very good signing. Now if you were expecting this team to make the playoffs then silly you.

Hutton looks like he will not escape the sophomore jinx. The vets who were suppose to lead the youth have not shown up yet! They are trying to bring in a defensive structure and it has stifled the offense.  None of this really matters because 80 points or 65.will not get you into the playoffs.

It is not just about the destination but also how you get there. Win or lose there is 82 games to watch. If it is only about winning then you might want to take a few years off because it will get worse before it gets better.  

So people wanted Gudbranson to go out and cheapshot random players because he wasn't on the ice during the initial incident and then Martin chose to be a POS when he was off the ice as well. I get that you guys want blood but Gudbranson is an important part of this team especially with Tanev out for a while. We can't lose him to a lengthy suspension just so you guys can be satisfied that you got your pound of flesh.

5 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Canuck fans always look for the negative just like our media. Players like Gudbranson and Tryamkin  make us a tougher team. Our goal tending has been outstanding through this losing streak. Stecher looks like a very good signing. Now if you were expecting this team to make the playoffs then silly you.

Hutton looks like he will not escape the sophomore jinx. The vets who were suppose to lead the youth have not shown up yet! They are trying to bring in a defensive structure and it has stifled the offense.  None of this really matters because 80 points or 65.will not get you into the playoffs.

It is not just about the destination but also how you get there. Win or lose there is 82 games to watch. If it is only about winning then you might want to take a few years off because it will get worse before it gets better.  

We're second last now.  we were 3rd last last year. it literally can't get much worst. the dark days aren't coming, they're upon us. 

7 hours ago, Moonshinefe said:

I wouldn't worry about it. Gudbranson is a big, strong guy but Matt Martin is a big guy too and a very experienced fighter. He won't be letting himself get sucker punched and be down so easily.

7 hours ago, Moonshinefe said:

I sort of doubt it'll happen, but I could see it being a fineable offence. It sets a bad precedent to let players utter threats when the media around, this isn't WWE.

Agree with these.  I don't think the Canucks are going to go after Martin in Moore style, and they don't need to as Martin will stand up and fight so no need for sucker punches.  Also agree that at worst this should be a fine.  Gudbranson isn't the first player to say things like this, but that still doesn't mean it should be said.

3 hours ago, DeltaSwede said:

"[insert name] is dead" is more of a expression of retaliation rather than a death threat isn't it? anyone making it any bigger than that.. you gotta question their intelligence especially after the circumstances. Gudbranson says that after a feisty hockey game, in a hockey locker room, I'm pretty sure he obviously means they are going after him the next time they play rather than hiring a hitman. 

If it can be considered a death threat, a lot of my childhood friends should be in jail for uttering that as well. During ice hockey games, soccer games, on the street while playing something, or when someone has been a little mean towards them. I've heard that sentence so many times without actually thinking its a serious death threat. Too much PC going on. 

Sure it can be an expression of retaliation, but if there's a serious cheapshot that leads to a career ending injury then you better believe they would use this against him (i don't think that will happen with gudbranson, it's pretty obvious to me that gudbranson just wants to fight him, but still.)

Just now, The Weasel said:

yes, he was shouting and pointing at martin as he walked by the bench. he was pissed.

Good. Really the only way the league may be able to cool down the game on Dec 3, to just a scrap between those 2, is suspensions for both Reilly and Kadri. 

29 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Babcock kind of reminded be of Hartley a few years back. Was nice to hear Grapes lay into his hometown team.

How stupid can you be to take Literally telling someone he is dead. It's a manner of speech you f**ing morons

8 hours ago, CAkNUCKle sandwich said:

So after what Gudbranson said, do you guys think that the league will hand him a fine/suspension?

We all know that Gudbranson is a murderer. They should heed his words! If I had a face palm imoji Oh land let me guess Matt Martin is still alive

Media generated BS. You could stand in the hallway after any teams game like that and hear things like that in the heat of the moment. 

What bugs me is our loser media guys like "sport net murph" playing into it. How about a little home town support?

7 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Good to see that fire from Guddy, but he is getting a little ahead of himself. Martin isn't some small unknown fighter. He is 6'3 220 and has 77 fights in the NHL, many of them against legitimate heavies. 

This is the problem with not having a guy whose main job it is to fight and has the ability to take on the big boys. 

Guddy is a top 4 guy (top 2 atm) and losing him for 5 minutes and potential injury isn't worth it. 

If the Stanley Cup Champion Pens carry and play Sestito, Vancouver should follow. 

Sestito isn't a bad player either, I forget who he lost his spot to......was it Weise?

Archived