Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gudbranson utters threats; fine/suspension worthy?


CAkNUCKle sandwich

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, canucklehead80 said:

Babcock kind of reminded be of Hartley a few years back. Was nice to hear Grapes lay into his hometown team.

 

Bingo. Cherry said it the right way "you don't do that". Martin is a coward that went after a totally unsuspecting Stecher, and Kardi figured he'd put some icing on the win by taking out a Sedin. These are the guys some of our fan base were pining for?

 

Cherry even stuck up for Burr's stick work, which was hilarious to do sitting beside Ron MacLean who looked like he swallowed a fart having to sit there and hear the truth from Cherry.

 

If some of our fans think Guddy deserves a fine for what he said thats ridiculous. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not too worried about what Guddy said, nor should the league (a phone call to a calmed down Erik is all that's needed).

 

On the other hand I'm impressed by the leadership on the team:

 

Hansen going after Kadri / Burrows going after Reilly / Miller going after Martin and the biggest surprise of all...

 

After Daniel came back from his concussion protocol check (I can just hear him in the trainer's room: "get me the F back out there...NOW!") he threw probably the best 2 bodychecks of his career! Anyone who EVER says the Sedins are soft again is Dead! Dead I tell ya! F'n dead!...I await my phone call...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

We're second last now.  we were 3rd last last year. it literally can't get much worst. the dark days aren't coming, they're upon us. 

Why is it the dark days? We have had great hockey teams here for years. If you are old enough you would have watched them develop. This is the beginning of something new. We need management to forget about today and focus on tomorrow.

As fans we need to do the same.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Why is it the dark days? We have had great hockey teams here for years. If you are old enough you would have watched them develop. This is the beginning of something new. We need management to forget about today and focus on tomorrow.

As fans we need to do the same.

Lol I'm not jumping ship but if you don't think being the worst team in the nhl is a dark time for the franchise then I don't know what is. we were very good for many years. it happens to all teams. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, CAkNUCKle sandwich said:

 

 

So after what Gudbranson said, do you guys think that the league will hand him a fine/suspension?

 He should have tuned Matthew. Martin attacking stetcher was bull$&!#. Make Toronto's rookie deal with it.

 

 

&^@# these young hockey players have no idea how to intimidate. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm willing to bet if this happened in Vancouver instead of Toronto, nothing would have been said about it. 

 

Idiots like Jon Abbot and Dan Murphy should be removed from their positions immediately for being social justice warriors. Not sure what those two wankers were thinking by reporting Gudbranson's statement. They're idiots. 

 

Can't wait for December 3rd. Gudbranson better cash that cheque, and cash it hard!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Lol I'm not jumping ship but if you don't think being the worst team in the nhl is a dark time for the franchise then I don't know what is. we were very good for many years. it happens to all teams. 

Ya, but being the  worst team in the NHL gets you one of the highest picks. It is like living in your camper while building a new house. It is worth it at the end! :rolleyes:

 

I just know we have a lot of cliff jumpers on this site. It's kind of funny to watch. Maybe even poke and prod a little.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Ya, but being the  worst team in the NHL gets you one of the highest picks. It is like living in your camper while building a new house. It is worth it at the end! :rolleyes:

 

I just know we have a lot of cliff jumpers on this site. It's kind of funny to watch. Maybe even poke and prod a little.

Top picks don't guarantee you a cup. it's more like living in a trailer spending all of your savings on scratch tickets in hopes to buy a mansion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Rey said:

Everyone is getting soft. On Dec 3, if Matt Martin dresses. He better be dead. Heck, Morgan Reilly and Nazem Kadri should be dead too. Back in the good old days, teams would bond in these type of scenarios. Fight for each other, and every year we see our top guys get hit and nobody does anything. Hansen gets destroyed and he goes and fights the guy that destroys the Sedins? What a joke. Team is soft like butter. What happened to chivalry? This team is a mess and everyone, including the team knows it. All the good teams with core guys have guys protecting each other. It sad that we have to see Burrows be the guy to retaliate. We have lots of guys that think they are tough guys. Do something. 

 

We acquired Gudbranson to do this sort of thing but he alone isn't enough. Ryan Miller had to be guy protecting Stretcher? What a joke. Team is a mess. 

Ryan Miller was the closest guy and something had to be done fast.  He only spun Martin around but it saved Stecher.  Miller for unsung hero at this years team awards.  He's only 168 lbs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, S'all Good Man said:

 

Bingo. Cherry said it the right way "you don't do that". Martin is a coward that went after a totally unsuspecting Stecher, and Kardi figured he'd put some icing on the win by taking out a Sedin. These are the guys some of our fan base were pining for?

 

Cherry even stuck up for Burr's stick work, which was hilarious to do sitting beside Ron MacLean who looked like he swallowed a fart having to sit there and hear the truth from Cherry.

 

If some of our fans think Guddy deserves a fine for what he said thats ridiculous. 

Nobody is condoning a spear but Cherry is saying why this nonsense started and he's absolutely right.  You don't start running players when you're up 3 goals in the 3rd.  You should be avoiding the nasty stuff.  They needed to finish the game without injury or suspension.  Now they're going to have to face a good deal of hostility on Dec 3.  If Babcock has any brains, he won't dress Martin.  What an idiot he is, going after the smallest player on the Canucks (and a rookie).  Pouring gasoline on a fire.

 

The Leafs are a very young team.  Kadri is a very immature veteran (26) on that team and there's no leadership amongst the players to teach them about honour and the right way to play the game.  All this was avoidable and it comes down to a lack of leadership on the Leafs.  Cherry is trying to provide some frankly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, appleboy said:

Why is it the dark days? We have had great hockey teams here for years. If you are old enough you would have watched them develop. This is the beginning of something new. We need management to forget about today and focus on tomorrow.

As fans we need to do the same.

 

too right

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...