The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gudbranson utters threats; fine/suspension worthy?

CAkNUCKle sandwich

21 minutes ago, YummyCakeFace said:

This site is a fckn joke. Pencil neck geeks fixn what wasn't broke all to boost your own ego. You're all idiots. Constantly having problems with this thing now. Morons. 

So.... you're an idiot then? I get it. You never were hugged as a child and now because no one agrees with your warped and impotent ideas, you lash out like the slightly touched primate that you are. 

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

So.... you're an idiot then? I get it. You never were hugged as a child and now because no one agrees with your warped and impotent ideas, you lash out like the slightly touched primate that you are. 

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Give it up eeyore. There's boundaries in this game. You're obviously one of the morons that made the changes. It's a joke and so are you. Did it boost your ego to lay down the rule of the land?  It's terrible. Job poorly done clown 

31 minutes ago, YummyCakeFace said:

This site is a fckn joke. Pencil neck geeks fixn what wasn't broke all to boost your own ego. You're all idiots. Constantly having problems with this thing now. Morons. 

Too funny.  Call an IT guy to help you with your computer. Maybe trying restarting it.  LOL  

1 hour ago, YummyCakeFace said:

Give it up eeyore. There's boundaries in this game. You're obviously one of the morons that made the changes. It's a joke and so are you. Did it boost your ego to lay down the rule of the land?  It's terrible. Job poorly done clown 

Did I touch a nerve? .....Obviously.

Your sad attempt at delivering a comeback is just as hilarious as the fact that you think your opinion actually matters here. Funny enough, I didn't need to lower myself to calling you a name to deliver the truth to your ears/face/whatever challenged appendage receiving my honest and helpful message. 

Please send another sad and misguided message my way. Let me know what you hate about me, but what you truly detest in yourself. Testify!

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Too funny.  Call an IT guy to help you with your computer. Maybe trying restarting it.  LOL  

I think he was referring to Plenty of Fish. They realized that he was legally banned from the site based on recent legal decisions. 

20 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Ya bad timing. Its funny though because everyone knows its as big of a part of hockey as a shin pad. Everyone see s guys yellling and screaming , kickin the crap outa each other , mouthing the same exact words on the ice while the camera is on them , but hey , not in the hallway. Lol. We all support and pay tickets watching it happen every single game but NOT IN THE HALLWAY! Lol. Society is so screwed up. 

They probably will fine him for something thats encouraged by every single coach in the league. The fans that wana pretend they dont like it are a joke. Thatz hockey. Thats what they do. Lets not pretend its not ok in the hallway but perfectly fine on camera on the ice. They have opnely paid guys that cant even play hockey to go out and do excatly what eric did. Guys made careers out of it. 

In the words of the coach from goon, " this is not bleeping baseball"

Very true & I agree. This post totally reminded me of

heh

23 hours ago, Moonshinefe said:

I wouldn't worry about it. Gudbranson is a big, strong guy but Matt Martin is a big guy too and a very experienced fighter. He won't be letting himself get sucker punched and be down so easily.

Martin runs the smaller Krugg with a high hit..  Chara comes at Martin.

Martin is not interested in fighting big guys.

22 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Sure, Stetcher has a future, Daniel only has a past - the same past a lot of Canuck fans are living in.

Though, to put it in perspective, Kadri was raking guys in the head with his stick all game with nary a whisper from the officials - who could even be slightly surprised that the game escalated into a line brawl.  Kadri is just about as big a weasel as Matte Cooke was (including when he played for the Canucks).  In addition, the correct response to the beating Stetcher was being given, was to kick the crap our of Mathews, and the correct response for the head shot to Hansen was to head shot Mathews, and the correct response to the head shot on Sedin, was to head shot Mathews.  Exactly the worst response was to go after a weasel or a thug - that is just stupidity and gets you nothing - they try to hurt your guys, you go after the other team's talent - Mathews, Marner, and Nylander.  Doesn't take long for the coaches (and the league and referees) to figure it out - when they see what happens when they hand out cheap shots, they soon learn to police their benches.

The alternative to that is for the NHL to abolish the instigator rule - when there is an attempt to injure like the shots on Sedin and on Hansen (and I mean that for any team) - deliberate attempt to injure, like those, you are on your own - then you would see who is truly brave.  Pieces of crap like Kadri would learn to behave in a heartbeat.

And that is why Miller took a couple of steps up in my book and Sutter took a couple of steps down.

Stetcher, Miller and Hutton were already involved with Martin when Sutter comes flying in with his arms flapping, meanwhile Mathews is standing there doing nothing .

The time for retribution has come and gone, by Dec 3 it will be too late. What should have happened is Sutter should have taken on Mathews right then or Willie should have sent the whole team over the boards. By Dec 3 there is a snowballs chance Bertuzzi 2.0 happens. More likely California happens and the Canucks get spanked with a 7 Min 5-3 or Bettman and Daily are both there and nothing happens. Not impressed with Horvat or Sutter at the end of that game.

Gudbranson is what this team needs. Haven't seen a guy so fired up play for this team in a long time. I like it! Guys say this kind of stuff all the time. What did the reporters expect he was going to say? "Oh Mr. Martin is a very bad person, I think I will have to have a conversation with him"?!?

tumblr_nnao2ajyvf1uqlw9jo1_500.gif

34410b7d9cdcb3a5f8a223f0f505b515.jpg

7 hours ago, YummyCakeFace said:

Mr. Cake, are you on mobile or desktop? Are you using IE? try changing these parameters. 

Otherwise switch from cake to some warm apple pie, it may help alleviate your pent up frustrations

Regards, 

Pencil Neck Geek

If the fans and media picked up half of what is said on the ice between the players many of them them would be charged for uttering threats.  There are laws on how you must conduct yourself in real life but they get skewed in the realm of pro sports involving contact.  In fact it is encouraged and quietly promoted part of the hype which sells tickets.

29 minutes ago, Johnny Shotgun said:

If the fans and media picked up half of what is said on the ice between the players many of them them would be charged for uttering threats.  There are laws on how you must conduct yourself in real life but they get skewed in the realm of pro sports involving contact.  In fact it is encouraged and quietly promoted part of the hype which sells tickets.

Or in the penalty box which sometimes could be called the smack talk box.

On ‎2016‎-‎11‎-‎06 at 1:35 AM, Ray_Cathode said:

Sure, Stetcher has a future, Daniel only has a past - the same past a lot of Canuck fans are living in.

Though, to put it in perspective, Kadri was raking guys in the head with his stick all game with nary a whisper from the officials - who could even be slightly surprised that the game escalated into a line brawl.  Kadri is just about as big a weasel as Matte Cooke was (including when he played for the Canucks).  In addition, the correct response to the beating Stetcher was being given, was to kick the crap our of Mathews, and the correct response for the head shot to Hansen was to head shot Mathews, and the correct response to the head shot on Sedin, was to head shot Mathews.  Exactly the worst response was to go after a weasel or a thug - that is just stupidity and gets you nothing - they try to hurt your guys, you go after the other team's talent - Mathews, Marner, and Nylander.  Doesn't take long for the coaches (and the league and referees) to figure it out - when they see what happens when they hand out cheap shots, they soon learn to police their benches.

The alternative to that is for the NHL to abolish the instigator rule - when there is an attempt to injure like the shots on Sedin and on Hansen (and I mean that for any team) - deliberate attempt to injure, like those, you are on your own - then you would see who is truly brave.  Pieces of crap like Kadri would learn to behave in a heartbeat.

Just a quick note to your last paragraph. Taking out the instigator rule would then create players like Kenny Linesman, Theoren  Fluery, both talented players who had such talent in stirring the pot, which led to bench clearing brawls, riots and such. Something the league was trying to get away from.

Sending in your goons to fight their goons is pointless.  You want to make a real statement?  Paste Matthews against the glass or with a big open-ice hit.  Have Virtanen "accidentally on-purpose" run over their goalie when driving the net.  

Attack where the opponent is weakest, not where they are expecting it.  

Archived