The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Our Plan Has Failed

asian player

7 hours ago, LaBamba said:

Do you realize we are a cap team? Dollar for dollar we are by farrrrr the worst team in the league. I can't even think of another team in the same category.

Columbus? Dollar for dollar, we do not have a single boat anchor contract.

Not even close to the worst dollar for dollar team. What a joke.

We are going through a token losing streak. Period.

7 hours ago, BowtieCanuck said:

Exactly. Once you begin to clear that cap space that is dead weight, there is going to be plenty of money to spend money on the right players. If this team is going to go anywhere in the next 10 years, it's going to have to be bought and not built in that time period. I think Benning's picks are mostly going to pan out (like Burke before him), but he won't be around to be there to see it through.

Honestly, the upcoming expansion draft is going to help this team more than hurt it.

Exactly wrong.  we do not have a single boat anchor contract. Bur Mills coming off. Losing streak. Big deal

8 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

I honestly don't know.  The half that is blindly loyal to the franchise and their personnel?

With respect, I'm not sure why you still support them.  They have put themselves in a position where the hockey pundits predicted we'd place near the bottom.  The fans were so convinced that they were wrong, and that this is a playoff-bound team.  This team is mostly healthy right now.  Do they look playoff-bound?

Because I realize we're in the middle of a rebuild and realize the best coach in the world wouldn't make a lick of difference. I have some minor reservations about WD but he's not the reason we're not winning. 

And I actually thinking Benning is doing (largely) a good job. Actually a pretty big fan of the job he's doing. I haven't 100% liked every move but I like where he's heading even if the present is a bit hard to swallow. 

I also wasn't 'convinced we were a playoff bound team'.

Mostly healthy = missing our 1st D pairing? OK! :lol:

So clearly you have no idea what kind of fan I am lol. 

Just now, LolClarkson said:

Not one boat anchor contract on the team.

Give me one Parise/Clarkson/Phenuf contract that we will have to give up futures to unload...?

Closest is probably Burr and he's gone at the end of the year. Oh noes...:bored:

25 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Because I realize we're in the middle of a rebuild and realize the best coach in the world wouldn't make a lick of difference. I have some minor reservations about WD but he's not the reason we're not winning. 

And I actually thinking Benning is doing (largely) a good job. Actually a pretty big fan of the job he's doing. I haven't 100% liked every move but I like where he's heading even if the present is a bit hard to swallow. 

I also wasn't 'convinced we were a playoff bound team'.

Mostly healthy = missing our 1st D pairing? OK! :lol:

So clearly you have no idea what kind of fan I am lol. 

I think Rodin would have done really good at the start of the year too. This NHL is built for him. Not a big deal but if you look at who's hot at the start, it's players like him.

41 minutes ago, LolClarkson said:

Exactly wrong.  we do not have a single boat anchor contract. Bur Mills coming off. Losing streak. Big deal

LOL. Sbisa and (people are going to hate to hear this but its true) the 14 mil in cap space used up by a couple of players.....

If you don't think there isn't a lot of dead weight cap space on this team, then you're truly in version of reality I want to join. Must be blissful there.

5 minutes ago, BowtieCanuck said:

LOL. Sbisa and (people are going to hate to hear this but its true) the 14 mil in cap space used up by a couple of players.....

If you don't think there isn't a lot of dead weight cap space on this team, then you're truly in version of reality I want to join. Must be blissful there.

Sbisa got salary arb money.

The twins got the same kind of money as Datsyuk/Zberg/Marlue. Similar age and accomplishments. Signed for 2 more years. Not 5.

Neither of your examples even show up on the Clarkson meter.

1 hour ago, Westcoasting said:

What was the plan, do you have a copy of it? Or are you just on here whining?

In which part of my whole post was I whining? Do you deny that our plan was bring up youth into a winning environment? I clearly said, if by trade deadline we are still losing, things are not going according to plan and we need re-evaluate. 

3 minutes ago, asian player said:

In which part of my whole post was I whining? Do you deny that our plan was bring up youth into a winning environment? I clearly said, if by trade deadline we are still losing, things are not going according to plan and we need re-evaluate. 

The team is under achieving.

All you have to do is look at some other rosters to realize that this team isn't as full of gaping holes as the results and band wagon jumpers would like you to believe.

I'm not a huge fan of WD. Maybe fire that shot.. Get Ralph Kruger in here.

56 minutes ago, LolClarkson said:

The twins got the same kind of money as Datsyuk/Zberg/Marlue. Similar age and accomplishments. Signed for 2 more years. Not 5.

So you can't win an argument so now we're playing the Clarkson comparison game? Do you like arguing or are you stubborn?

The point is there is almost a third of the salary cap sitting on the bench near retirement. You clear up that much cap space, and its not hard to entice the right players to help this team transition into its next winning period.

6 minutes ago, BowtieCanuck said:

So you can't win an argument so now we're playing the Clarkson comparison game? Do you like arguing or are you stubborn?

The point is there is almost a third of the salary cap sitting on the bench near retirement. You clear up that much cap space, and its not hard to entice the right players to help this team transition into its next winning period.

You were the one playing the Clarkson comparo game in your first post. Not me.

Bowtie Canuck said

LOL ... If you don't think there isn't a lot of dead weight cap space on this team...14 mill, 2 players

1 hour ago, LolClarkson said:

Eriksson

Archived