The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Our Plan Has Failed

asian player

Just now, LolClarkson said:

If you think 6 million to an Olympian who got 30 goals last year is  an overpayment then i don't know what to tell you. Clearly he is under achieving.

How is the back half of that contact going to look?

lol clarkson, that's how. 

1 minute ago, LolClarkson said:

If you think 6 million to an Olympian who got 30 goals last year is  an overpayment then i don't know what to tell you. Clearly he is under achieving.

LE is not a 30 goal scorer though. Last year was an aberration for him.  Suckers buy high and sell low...

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

LE is not a 30 goal scorer though. Last year was an aberration for him.  Suckers buy high and sell low...

He was worth the risk for 5 million over 4 years max, Years 4,5 & 6 are the problem. The 1st 3 years wasn't ever supposed to be a problem...

Having a consistent 20-25 goal scorer is welcomed to any team. 

Lets hope he can find that touch he had last season. To be fair the pucks not going his way right now or for that matter a lot of our players...

11 minutes ago, LolClarkson said:

Maybe the payment not so much but the term is 2 years too long for sure...

7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

30 goal scorers get 30+ goals. Not the first time he's done it either.

Last years Free agency was a buyers market. What did you expect to get him for ? 2 million /3 ? Haha

1 minute ago, hearditall said:

He was worth the risk for 5 million over 4 years max, Years 4,5 & 6 are the problem. The 1st 3 years wasn't ever supposed to be a problem...

Having a consistent 20-25 goal scorer is welcomed to any team. 

Lets hope he can find that touch he had last season. To be fair the pucks not going his way right now or for that matter a lot of our players...

Fair enough. The whole team is snack bit right now....

I would like to see a tougher player in our top 6.  Hank and Danny need protection....

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Fair enough. The whole team is snack bit right now....

I would like to see a tougher player in our top 6.  Hank and Danny need protection....

That's been needed since day 1 almost. Especially in the past 5 years more than ever. But MG failed to do anything about it & JB has done absolutely nothing either.

You'd think JB would know 1st hand that this is what they needed as it was his little Marchand who was speed punching Daniel's face while Daniel & the whole team were crying for the ref to do something for them...lmfao, embarassing & sickening at the same time...

3 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

What they need is to be gone...and you know it.

Yah, i posted that a long time ago on here  and got roasted for it....

I am resigned to them finishing their contract on our club now.

I do think that they are being targeted more and more by opponents and JB needs to protect them.  I am not sure if Hansen is the player that other teams will fear...

4 minutes ago, hearditall said:

That's been needed since day 1 almost. Especially in the past 5 years more than ever. But MG failed to do anything about it & JB has done absolutely nothing either.

You'd think JB would know 1st hand that this is what they needed as it was his little Marchand who was speed punching Daniel's face while Daniel & the whole team were crying for the ref to do something for them...lmfao, embarassing & sickening at the same time...

Is anybody happy with Gudbranson?

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

I do think that they are being targeted more and more by opponents and JB needs to protect them.  I am not sure if Hansen is the player that other teams will fear...

U mean, you are sure Hansen isn't the player other teams fear...

5 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

And what would you do with that 14 million? Buy prospects ?

Making the team worse just to get screwed in the draft lottery is not a strategy

10 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Is anybody happy with Gudbranson?

Absolutely. I was talking about our forwards. They are soft as butter...

Sedin

Sedin

Eriksson

Granlund

Baercheese

Gaunce

Sutter

Rodin

Then our D.

Edler

Tanev

Larsen

Stecher

Not one of these guys can fight or better yet won't fight. All scared to drop the gloves no matter who the opponent is...Sutter maybe....

Burrows, Sbisa & Dorsett scare no one...

We have Gubranson, & Tryamkin...

Not enough to scare any team...

8 hours ago, LaBamba said:

I dont think impatient or knee jerk is really how I would describe my antics. I am pretty persistently miserable. Words like unreasonable, volatile, arrogant, self absorbed, contradicting, predatory, and generally misinformed would be how I would discribe my posts. I literally make things up and call them facts on a pretty consistent basis. To call me knee jerk isn't accurate. I'm like this win or lose.  

Do you still have your flasher dude  sig? 

I have no idea where it is. The site that held it is gone. I'm sure I have the gif somewhere but I can't be bothered to look for it.

Just now, Dazzle said:

I have no idea where it is. The site that held it is gone. I'm sure I have the gif somewhere but I can't be bothered to look for it.

Im on mobile all the time so I can never see it anymore. It's the best sig of all time IMO. That's why I can never get mad at you. You stole my heart. 

16 minutes ago, hearditall said:

Sedin

Sedin

Eriksson

Granlund

Baercheese

Gaunce

Sutter

Rodin

Then our D.

Edler

Tanev

Larsen

Stecher

Not one of these guys can fight or better yet won't fight. All scared to drop the gloves no matter who the opponent is...Sutter maybe....

I know.  Benning is working from the goal on out.  He can only do so much at once.

One post you see that they aren't fast enough, the next you see that they aren't tough enough.  Benning's trying to do both.  Some are big (height and wieght) (Grenier, Labate, Zalewski, Gaunce, Horvat, Virtanen) some are smaller and faster (Baertschi, Granlund, Rodin)

As for now, they're getting run because I think that word is out that getting tough will throw them off their game.  

1 hour ago, hearditall said:

Sedin

Sedin

Eriksson

Granlund

Baercheese

Gaunce

Sutter

Rodin

Then our D.

Edler

Tanev

Larsen

Stecher

Being "scary" and "tough" and willing to fight does not win hockey games in today's NHL. Skilled players who score goals and prevent goals do. Remember last night? Leafs were the worst team last year. They added skill and are doing better this year. We were slightly better than the leafs last year and we added toughness and grit and we are worse.

I find it amazing some people think Benning's old school physical hockey needs to be more extreme. Benning and that philosophy goes against where the NHL has been trending for the last 5 years (especially the last 2).

3 minutes ago, baumerman77 said:

Being "scary" and "tough" and willing to fight does not win hockey games in today's NHL. Skilled players who score goals and prevent goals do. Remember last night? Leafs were the worst team last year. They added skill and are doing better this year. We were slightly better than the leafs last year and we added toughness and grit and we are worse.

I find it amazing some people think Benning's old school physical hockey needs to be more extreme. Benning and that philosophy goes against where the NHL has been trending for the last 5 years (especially the last 2).

To win in the NHL you need a lethal combination of skill and toughness.

Right now the Canucks have zero toughness in their forwards so our club gets intimidated. Tough to get goals without bodies in front of the net  / driving to the net  / playing in the difficult areas.......

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

To win in the NHL you need a lethal combination of skill and toughness.

Right now the Canucks have zero toughness in their forwards so our club gets intimidated. Tough to get goals without bodies in front of the net  / driving to the net  / playing in the difficult areas.......

It's difficult to get those "tough" dirty goals when you don't have players driving possession and taking a ton of shots. I think you're putting the cart in front of the horse. We need skilled players the tough ones can come later (they are a dime a dozen). We can't get to the easy areas, let's focus on that first.

Archived