The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nazim Kadri wont be suspended for his hit on D.Sedin

AriGold

1 minute ago, Stelar said:

The principle point of contact is the problem here. So if you graze the shoulder first before hitting the head it's ok?

it was blindside and he left his feet but he grazed the shoulder before hitting the head.

am I the only one who finds this stupid?

1% shoulder graze

99% head

*DOPS: Nothing to see here, move along...*

This report can't be real. NO games? Nothing? Really?

The NHL just does what it wants.

So tell me again how Toronto won the first overall Auston Matthews pick using some indecipherable formula in a backroom. Nothing to see here. Ever.

This tinfoil hat is starting to make my head ache...

Why is the NHL such a travesty?

4 minutes ago, Stelar said:

The principle point of contact is the problem here. So if you graze the shoulder first before hitting the head it's ok?

it was blindside and he left his feet but he grazed the shoulder before hitting the head.

It is dumb, but that's how the nhl defines principle point of contact . If the head isn't hit first, but on the follow through , then it's not deemed principle point of contact.  They've used that excuse a lot , so I wasn't surprised at no suspension . 

1 minute ago, Stelar said:

Exactly my point too....so if you touch the shoulder 1/10th of second before you nail the vulnerable guy on the head after charging across the ice its not suspendable?  What about the intent to damage? What about the fact that the player was vulnerable? What about the fact that the head was contacted? What about the fact that the guy delivering the hit has a history?

would a kadri suspension appeased the canucks? no, but now this sets up a retaliatory situation in which they'll come down hard on the canucks. kadri isn't the player that should be targeted. marner , matthews works for me. some how the players we have that can bring some physicality have to at least try , I'm sick of the "gentleman" game we bring. constantly being goaded into retaliation , we have to come into each game with some aggression somehow? ,and put the retaliation factor on the opposition ,somehow?

I actually thought he would for sure get suspended. Unbelievable. 

So how does Virtanen get suspended for a blindsided shoulder to shoulder hit but Kadri doesn't get suspended for a blindside hit to the head AND he's a repeat offender.

December 3. 

8 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Because the leagues inaction is setting up a similar incident.  

6 minutes ago, Neversummer said:

Oh Damn ... the league really dropped the ball on this one and blood will be on their hands.  I see a Bertuzzi/Moore 2.0 coming on Dec 3rd.  

15 minutes ago, GoBoGo53 said:

Why would you include a gif of the Bertuzzi incident?

See above.  They got it immediately

24 minutes ago, Patrick Kane said:

8d343c26112da31a056fd50896944a20bb259bec

Clean hit. No suspension also proves this. Daniel needs to tighten up his helmet.

Angles.

If you consider that Daniel's right side is positioned behind Rodfree or whatever his name is, then it's a head hit.  Was this hit so awesome it removed that half of Daniel's body then?  Where'd it go?

Apricot called it last night with this post about the comment from Mike Babcock....... anyone else thinking this game isn't rigged. Surely this proves it once and for all.

Apricot

Posted 12 hours ago (edited) ·

Babcock on Kadri hit: "It's reviewable but we have good people at the League & they'll look after that. It won't be a problem."

System is rigged. ITS RIGGED EVERYBODY! Seriously all, its rigged. This pretty much confirms its not going to be a suspension. "We have good people at the league, it won't be a problem." IT WONT BE A PROBLEM?!

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

That's the thing though, Kadri isn't one of the untouchables and they still let him off.

The NHL had two chances to ease this situation.  1)  Give the Canucks a power play after this predatory hit.  Ref's couldn't do that as they were forced to throw the book at Hansen because of an instigator rule that gets used too often.  And 2) (the easy one) Suspend Kadri, even for 3 games.

NHL failed miserably at both attempts and the result will be a rightfully pissed off Canuck team that is going to go ape bleep.  I predict some more 7 minute 5 on 3's in the future to further penalize the Canucks for having the audacity to protect their players when, clearly, no one else will.

It would be Kadri's 4th suspension.  The last one was for 4 games.  It would have had to be a big suspension so they won;t do it.  Utterly gutless.

Let's just say it's equivalent to Virtanen's hit on Polak (which somebody posted in this thread)(and I think it's worse because Kadri launches himself into the hit and uses his forearm.  Maybe the head wasn't principal contact but it was the target).....Virtanen got 2 games and it was his first suspension.  Send a message to a rookie.  Whether it's a more severe hit or not than Kadri's last, they have to suspend based on his body of work.  This is a pattern of behavior and 4 games or less is not changing the behavior for this player so they have to step it up.  He needed 6 games.  The guy must change.

If the league won't deal with this, the players will.  If Kadri suffers a career ending injury as a result, he should sue the league.  This has happened before.

You can argue whether it's a suspension or not until you are blue in the face.

I don't like it because it is poor league management. Give Kadri a one game suspension just to keep the players calm.

I'm a believer in handing out one game suspensions like candy to reduce cheap hockey. If Steve Moore was suspended 1-3 games Bert might have not taken him out.

Now the Canucks might pay him back because he "deserves" it.

2 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Apricot called it last night with this post about the comment from Mike Babcock....... anyone else thinking this game isn't rigged. Surely this proves it once and for all.

Babcock actually said that?

Still though, I seriously don't get how Virtanen gets suspended and Kadri doing the same thing but hits the head gets nothing

Archived