The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nazim Kadri wont be suspended for his hit on D.Sedin

AriGold

Disgusting...again and again nux players are treated like scum by the league. 

Hansen got suspended for barely touching Hossa, but its a free for all the other way around.

Can't say I'm surprised though...just irritated.

Don't think much will happen, as Nux players will be severely punished by the league if they dare to goon up on Matthews... T.O.'s and the leagues media darling.

But when will they learn. Daniel should never have returned to the game...

4 minutes ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

Kadri's been let off due to the fact that he slightly brushed the shoulder prior to making contact with the head. It doesn't matter to the NHL that the head took the brunt of the contact, or that he left his feet.

I'd love to have seen the reaction if it was their darling Matthews.

Well, we're going to have to make that happen, won't we?  GCG!

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

League's Berznuzzing at the wheel.  Again.  We know how that ends......

They can't plead ignorance this time.  Only inactivity.

The league is wide open to a major law suit if something tragic happens.  They had better wake up.

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

League's Berznuzzing at the wheel.  Again.  We know how that ends......

Hell yeah, we do. I said last night this had that exact same feel......and how many of us want to go THERE again? This is just pure and utter bull$&!# all over again. The NHL has learned absolutely nothing. What's that saying? Something about those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it?

7 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Angles.

If you consider that Daniel's right side is positioned behind Rodfree or whatever his name is, then it's a head hit.  Was this hit so awesome it removed that half of Daniel's body then?  Where'd it go?

No one is denying that it isn't a headshot. It's clearly a headshot. However, because Kadri glanced his shoulder a fraction of a second first before he hits Daniel's head, it isn't deemed a principle contact to the head play. It's not the first time the nhl has used this excuse. 1% shoulder first and 99% head second is deemed clean in their minds. 

Aside from this farce of a decision....

Why are the Sedins always the victim here?  I think its a question that is tied to the overall culture of the team.  The whole "old core" is passive and too gentleman like.  Edler, the Sedins, you can throw guys like Tanev int here too.  I think this team will be better served, in future years, building around guys who instil some fear in other players..that...Or you surround your passive star players with hard nosed guys that can actually contribute.   This team has had doormat written all over it for too long.

Gudbranson is a start, he is tough and can play top 4 minutes.  They need to infuse some real character and grit up front.  

2 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

Horrible...Im about ready to give up on this league.

Me too, Shaky.  I watch for enjoyment, not punishment.  I actually switched over to the Lions last night...at least we get a fair shake at things there.  Not sure I can keep doing this to myself...

Archived