The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Move Pedan to forward and start him on the 4th line

*Buzzsaw*

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

The Glyers of the early to mid 70's won two Cups by going heavy and mean, while other teams were smaller and fast.  Maybe we can beat the hell out of our opponents?  :)

That era hockey had no rules and you could clothesline players. The times have mightily changed. 

29 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

Had the shenanigans from last game not happen, this thread never would have been made. 

The shenanigans from last game wouldn't have happened if the Canucks hadn't lost the previous seven, and Miller had been supported by zero total goals over his previous three games.

42 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

The shenanigans from last game wouldn't have happened if the Canucks hadn't lost the previous seven, and Miller had been supported by zero total goals over his previous three games.

So, the Kadri wouldn't have made a predatory hit if only we'd scored more goals over the previous several games? Uh, OK...

9 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Pedan really wasn't that effective at forward last year.

So...he'd fit right in with this season's crop of forwards?

12 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I would disagree with you there, that all happened cause of one questionable hit and one dirty hit to a star player in the same shift. The reaction would have been the same if the Canucks had won 7 straight. 

15 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

yah like Zalewski or labate is going to get us a cup.....

I say bring up Pedan and lets start protecting Sedins and our younger prospects...

Problem with that is Pedan is a train wreck defensively so he'd definitely need to get very limited time at forward where as the other guys can actually play and play pretty damn good.

3 minutes ago, The Big Luongo said:

Problem with that is Pedan is a train wreck defensively so he'd definitely need to get very limited time at forward where as the other guys can actually play and play pretty damn good.

Do you want to roll 4 lines that can all play. Even if you end up losing Hank and Danny to injuries with their being ran  / cheap shot  non stop

Or

Do you want to roll 3 lines and have a 4th line playing minimal minutes with an Enforcer on it ?   This may allow Hank and Danny to actually play all 82 games....

Clearly Dorset isn't holding teams accountable. Dorset is loyal and keen but he loses pretty much every time he fights.... Not much of an enforcer.....

Ideally Benning would have found  a  tough guy that could play top 9 forward minutes... but it hasn't happened yet.

Probably the biggest mistake so far Benning has made...

Ideally I've always strongly believed we needed a top 9 forward or defenseman that can scare or go after opposition players that go over the edge with our top players and I think Gudbranson does that but it'd be nice to still have Kassian around for that reason as well.

This topic is one of the biggest reasons Bieksa was always my favorite player was pretty pissed they let him go but it is what it is.

You're right about Dorsett he scares nobody obviously and I agree Benning has dropped the ball with team toughness one can only hope Labate fills out because he definitely has a nasty edge to his game and same with young Virtanen and Tramkin. I think these 3 younger players and Gudbranson will have this issue covered for years to come and really the Sedins likely won't be around much longer by the looks of things as well and need that extra protection.

Archived