The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ossi's Monday Practice Update- Nov. 7th

Ossi Vaananen

I figured I'd add my name to these, as I'm doing them weekly. It's a little tongue in cheek, so don't be hypersensitive. 

I'll update as more stuff comes in, but for now:

notes:

- Chaput Called up (will wear #45)

- Hansen shoulder injury, sent back to Vancouver.

- Tanev also returned to Vancouver

- Benning's complaints to League fall on deaf ears

- Edler practicing

I understand why they called up Chaput - they're desperate for any scoring potential whatsoever even if Chaput's NHL level scoring is limited.

That said, would like to see Labate get a call-up on this road trip.  We need his energy and edge on the forward group. 

2 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

I understand why they called up Chaput - they're desperate for any scoring potential whatsoever even if Chaput's NHL level scoring is limited.

That said, would like to see Labate get a call-up on this road trip.  We need his energy and edge on the forward group. 

Jim Benning hates getting scored on just as much as he hates scoring. If you look at our lineup, as crazy as that sounds, it makes perfect sense. 

26 minutes ago, Toews said:

I bet Chaput and his 8 points in 58 NHL games will get more minutes than Virtanen.

In fairness to Chaput, they're probably more looking at his 13 points in 10 games with Utica. He's had a great start this year and probably been the Comets' best player.

Chaput can't control the roster decisions and how things might affect Virtanen. So while I'm disappointed for Virtanen (if he's getting scratched), I'm happy for Chaput and hope he makes the most of his opportunity.

As for what Chaput brings, he's a C/W with good size (6'2", 200+ lbs), decent offensive skills, good two way play, a willingness to go to the dirty areas, good skating, and fairly strong faceoff ability.

Archived