The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Rangers

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"Big win for us. I thought we did a great job going after it, we were hungry and played a smart hockey game." - Markstrom

You did a good work Marky. Just try not to smile too big in the presence of Miller. ;)

Outshot the top scoring team in the league and held them to 26 shots.

And that's with the powerplays 5-2 in the Rags favour.

65% in the faceoff circle.

Rags with 23 giveaways, Canucks 9.

Keep playing the right way and some scoring will come.

Just now, oldnews said:

Outshot the tops scoring team in the league and held them to 26 shots.

Keep playing the right way and some scoring will come.

I hope Willie sees what the team did tonight and work from that.

Nice to see some goals and a win. 

Glad to see the elephant get off a couple guys backs. 

Don't  think the rangers really showed up which fits AV coached teams when bottom feeders show up.but a wins a win unless your a tanker then I guess it was a 9 game  winning streak.

Hopefully a breakthrough game and not just an anomaly.

Thought the Gaunce line was very good tonight...played a tenacious and hard style every shift.

Marky was outstanding.

Tryamkin our best D-man and Edler had a strong game (had o give him credit cause I poop on him a lot) .  Disappointed with Guddy...he certainly is not the physical presence I thought he would be.  Good thing Tryamkin is filling in in that department.

Bo didn't stand out but played hard and got 2 assists.  He just brings it every night.

Hope this win doesn't chain JV to the press box chair, though.  Knowing WD he may go with the same line up in DET which means 3rd straight HS for Virt.

Among all the young players we have, Virt's development toward the team's top 6 winger should take priority over anything else. Playoffs come and gone every year, and if we miss it we miss it.  Opportunity to groom a top-end talent like JV rarely does however -- please don't screw this up, Canucks.   

1 minute ago, 1-d said:

Hope this win doesn't chain JV to the press box chair, though.  Knowing WD he may go with the same line up in DET which means 3rd straight HS for Virt.

Among all the young players we have, Virt's development toward the team's top 6 winger should take priority over anything else. Playoffs come and gone every year, and if we miss it we miss it.  Opportunity to groom a top-end talent like JV rarely does however -- please don't screw this up, Canucks.   

I share your concern about WD and his development of JV.  I doubt WD changes anything after winning their first game in 10 tries.

Archived