The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report) NHL spoke to the Canucks about Gudbranson threatening Martin

PhillipBlunt

58 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Kadri nearly concusses Daniel Sedin, and Matt Martin attacks Troy Stecher...........nothing.

Gudbranson makes an offhand comment regarding meting out some in game justice...........Colin Campbell slithers up and takes notice.

Well it's pretty simple. What Gudbranson did was off ice. Had he said that to him during a shift or while on bench, he wouldn't have had this problem with CC.

Just now, Apricot said:

We have bigger, meaner and angrier  players on our team now. All of them are pissed. For the loss, for the hit on Daniel, for Martin going after a rookie. I have a feeling something big will happen. 

Maybe Nikita has informed Erik that he'll take care of things, as knucklehead91 so aptly suggested?

Just now, Xbox said:

Well it's pretty simple. What Gudbranson did was off ice. Had he said that to him during a shift or while on bench, he wouldn't have had this problem with CC.

So threatening another player's life, to their face, while in a handshake line, is acceptable? Cool..

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

So threatening another player's life, to their face, while in a handshake line, is acceptable? Cool..

Didn't say it was, but didn't Lucic do that to Weise in a BOS v MTL game?

He never heard from CC. I was more explaining why the NHL did this with Gudbranson.

when you have 2 wimps like morgan rielly ,and kadri taking liberties they wouldn't be doing it if word around the league wasn't the canucks are a no push back team. this team has everything against it ,i.e. eastern media bias , questionable none calls,suspensions , exaggerated calls against us .DOPS have manipulated this perfectly to work against us ,the canucks have been forced to play the "clean game' way to long ,now I'm not suggesting they start playing dirty ,but hows about a little more aggression to a man. had they came out like that from the start of the game like that instead of allowing themselves to put into a retaliatory position maybe those 2 big  maple leaf players wouldn't have did what they did. wheres gudbransons thundering hits we've all been waiting for? never mind the death threats start walking the walk first !

53 minutes ago, khay said:

As I said in another thread, The league showed us how to get our revenge within the legal limits of the rules. The best revenge is to land a blind side hit like the one that Kadri landed on Daniel. Just make sure to get the shoulder first and completely follow through with the hit.

But the thing is that the league is biased. It doesn't matter if a canucks throws an identical hit. We will get suspended for it. 

2 minutes ago, chon derry said:

when you have 2 wimps like morgan rielly ,and kadri taking liberties they wouldn't be doing it if word around the league wasn't the canucks are a no push back team. this team has everything against it ,i.e. eastern media bias , questionable none calls,suspensions , exaggerated calls against us .DOPS have manipulated this perfectly to work against us ,the canucks have been forced to play the "clean game' way to long ,now I'm not suggesting they start playing dirty ,but hows about a little more aggression to a man. had they came out like that from the start of the game like that instead of allowing themselves to put into a retaliatory position maybe those 2 big  maple leaf players wouldn't have did what they did. wheres gudbransons thundering hits we've all been waiting for? never mind the death threats start walking the walk first !

Nucks just need a bonafide goon that commands team respect. It's an element we have not had since Hordichuck and RR.

Can they prove Gudbrandson said it? If not, and I am no rocket scientist, it could have been anyone. The league is trying to throw a fire retardant blanket on the Dec 3rd smoldering wood. Goody and Martin have to be allowed to fight though. Just no murdering, right?

1 minute ago, Xbox said:

Nucks just need a bonafide goon that commands team respect. It's an element we have not had since Hordichuck and RR.

Nah. They have two massive defensemen who are imposing, and who can skate, pass, shoot, and hit, as well as manhandle 80% of the players in the league. The team is much better off with multi-dimensional players than Sestito 2.0.

Just now, Einstein said:

Can they prove Gudbrandson said it? If not, and I am no rocket scientist, it could have been anyone. The league is trying to throw a fire retardant blanket on the Dec 3rd smoldering wood. Goody and Martin have to be allowed to fight though. Just no murdering, right?

Twitter constitutes as proof these days.

Just now, Einstein said:

john abbot,dan murphy, Johnson all confirmed it

8 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Maybe Nikita has informed Erik that he'll take care of things, as knucklehead91 so aptly suggested?

That would be even better. Guddy does nothing, no suspension and no fine. And Nikita kills all Leafs. 

And maybe one of Edler's shot that always go wide, can go EXTREMELY wide and hit Babcock on the bench. 

1 minute ago, Apricot said:

That would be even better. Guddy does nothing, no suspension and no fine. And Nikita kills all Leafs. 

And maybe one of Edler's shot that always go wide, can go EXTREMELY wide and hit Babcock on the bench. 

Pucks will be pucks.

Archived