The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Line up changes ideas?! - Split the Sedins

kurtzfan

Anyone think that it would work? 

Marc Crawford had tried it a few times when it is down by a few goals. It worked!  At that moment, we have Trent Klatt, Bertuzzi, Naslund, Morrison. 

But right now, almost all of our current line up players just can 't score. 

WD should try to split the Sedins in order to generate some offence. 

1 hour ago, elvis15 said:

You've been here since 2003 and haven't realized how many threads get made every year on this? You're already third behind others early in this season to suggest the idea:

Sorry @elvis15, but those old threads you mentioned are hard to find for the newer posters like the OP. I ask that sometimes new posts give an enhanced relevancy to our current state of affairs. What may have been posted in the past, in context, would not apply to our current situation. Please let the OP state what he feels, because as Nucks fans right now, we are all feeling the pain.

I for one would love to see the Twins separated, but no coach in this franchise would dare to do so for more than 10 minutes in a game. Lets be realistic, the Twins have lost a step in skating and are now liabilities on D. They also tend to take 1:30 of PP time passing back and forth between the half wall. Maybe someone will let them know our PP since Salo left has been one of the worst in the NHL?

14 mill for 2 players who refuse to play without each other is a little much. They did not deliver us a cup, in fact I would put Kesler and Manny ahead of the twins in terms of players who gave us the best chance to win a cup. We would not have got out of the 2nd round if Kess did not put on his superman cape. It just so happens their best offensive years happened while we were 3 deep at the center position and had great D men like Salo and Erhoff on the PP point. 

Could not score when it counted, nor stick up for their own teammates. Lets pass a stick to our opponents? (if you do not get it, watch the Calgary series again).

Tired of the losing,

Regards,

SP33  

6 hours ago, kurtzfan said:

Anyone think that it would work? 

Marc Crawford had tried it a few times when it is down by a few goals. It worked!  At that moment, we have Trent Klatt, Bertuzzi, Naslund, Morrison. 

But right now, almost all of our current line up players just can 't score. 

WD should try to split the Sedins in order to generate some offence. 

and then cdc would say, fire him, he changes the lines too much.  he can't win in some people's eyes. the guy is doing the best he can with what talent he's got. 

5 hours ago, elvis15 said:

You've been here since 2003 and haven't realized how many threads get made every year on this? You're already third behind others early in this season to suggest the idea:

Elvis, is there any easy way to find old threads' by topic?  

I doubt splitting them up will all of a sudden have the result we'd hope for, after it being tried many times by different coaches and never working. 

The PP, as Stpaddy mentioned is sooo tired. The half wall play doesn't get the keeper moving across the net or open the up the opposition, doesn't help that we don't have a bona fide point man to draw the opposition out a bit, but I'd like to see the PP set up high with more passes across the ice from the top. Try Eriksson and Stecher on the point, Tram in the crease and the twins getting the puck back to the point / tip ins / sneaky stuff. But the half wall passing clinic is making me crazy

5 hours ago, shattenkirk8 said:

Put them on the 4th line. Put Burrows - Gaunce - Dorsett on first line. All the other teams will put their top guys against our first line, and the Sedin's will pick up 4-5 points a game playing against 3rd pairing defensemen on the 4th line. Get it done WD.

If only the meaningful games were played out in NHL17 instead of the real world huh? This tactic lasts 10 seconds into the game...possibly less. Then the opposing coach line matches and we're right back where we are...nice try though (I assume you're attempting tough-in-cheek humour so I won't blast you too bad for this one).

44 minutes ago, Positive Canuck said:

Blender it. Rebuild.
Dump some ghosts.

Daniel-Bo-Eriksson

Virtanen-Henrik-Burrows

Baershi-Sutter-Dorsett

LaBate-Gaunce-Grenier

Tryamkin-Tanev

Hutton -Gudbranson

Pedan- Stecher

Tank for Patrick , Draft 3rd , pick a bust.

Yer a real positive Canuck, aren'tcha?

Archived