The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ferraro: Canucks must let kids play through their mistakes...

Honky Cat

Canucks does have enough players to score goals, but still missing a good second line winger besides Hansen.

About Sutter, if you have doubts about him, then I have doubts that you've seen the way he played in Pittsburgh, he was a bump and shove you over to take your puck away type of guy anywhere on the ice but he doesn't have that creating offensive skill that Horvat has.  Hence why I've been saying for Horvat to go on 2nd line and Sutter on 3rd line since Willie is sticking Horvat on defensive roles when he's been the best offensive force outside of the Sedins.

8 hours ago, Creepy Crawler said:

Canucks does have enough players to score goals, but still missing a good second line winger besides Hansen.

About Sutter, if you have doubts about him, then I have doubts that you've seen the way he played in Pittsburgh, he was a bump and shove you over to take your puck away type of guy anywhere on the ice but he doesn't have that creating offensive skill that Horvat has.  Hence why I've been saying for Horvat to go on 2nd line and Sutter on 3rd line since Willie is sticking Horvat on defensive roles when he's been the best offensive force outside of the Sedins.

Horvat has averaged around 40 seconds less of ES ice time per game than Sutter. I'd say we have a 2a/2b situation going on here.

Most of Horvats goals have come off the rush. Doesn't it make sense to give him more defensive zone starts so he can use that skill?

On 2016-11-13 at 1:42 PM, kingofsurrey said:

5 Hole  - you are one looking foolish supporting Sutter who is on a terrible contract.   Do you really think the club paid him that kind of a contract for 1 goal every 15 games and minus 7    plus /minus.  

Sven is still developing but Sutter was supposed to be a pillar of our club . Don't you remember.  LMAO  , TOO FUNNY> 

How you like Sutter now? 

On 11/11/2016 at 8:46 PM, VIC_CITY said:

You guys don't get it. Willie was told 2 things at the beginning of the year. 

1) Play a more defensive system.

2) Make the playoffs.

I think it's clear as day that we aren't making the playoffs, but WD is just following orders so he can save his ass. 

The only scenario where we would benefit from a different coach would be if Travis Green came in and was told that we are in a full rebuild and to ride or die with these young guys. 

I think I speak for the majority of Canucks fans when I say that we wanna see Horvat in an offensive role as 2C.

We want Stetcher/Tryamkin to play every game moving forward. 

We want Jake getting big minutes either here or Utica. 

We want Markstrom getting the majority of the starts.

And....we want a bloody firesale at the deadline! 

That should be the orders given from management and ownership needs to keep their mouths shut. It's time to do what's best for this franchise. 

End rant.

1000% agree. This should have been done years ago, and we'd all be enjoying a resurgence of dominance by now.

Archived