The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Steve Darling to run for the Liberals in Burnaby-Lougheed.

ShakyWalton

Christie trying to grab those Global votes....

Premier Christy Clark announcing today former Global anchor Steve Darling will run for the Burnaby-Lougheed riding in the spring election.

Darling was with Global for 18 years before his position was eliminated. He’s now breaking into politics.

Darling says the BC Liberals called him up two days after he was let go. Only a couple people knew about his political run before today

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Wow, joining a morally bankrupt political party that steals  400 million a year from  the special needs kids / students  of our province.....

Stay classy Steve.  I just lost all respect for you. 

Better than spending a billion on ferries that can't sail in BC waters. 

6 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Yah but thats not actually happening. NDP spin. 

Actually did happen.

You do realize that schools laid off special ed teachers,  special ed assistants , and closed their school libraries due to the BC Liberals tearing up of a negotiated contract.  Or do you not accept the Canadian Supreme Court  ? 

Maybe you are more aware of the Private School System in BC where Christy sends her kid.  They actually got their funding increased so they can have class sizes about half the size of public schools. They also do not accept most special needs kids.    Maybe that is the school system you understand....

BC Liberals are kinda the opposite of  Robin Hood    -  BC Liberals  steal from the poor ( middle class Public Schools  )    to give to the RICH  ( private schools ) 

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Actually did happen.

You do realize that schools laid off special ed teachers,  special ed assistants , and closed their school libraries due to the BC Liberals tearing up of a negotiated contract.

Maybe you are more aware of the Private School System in BC where Christy sends her kid.  They actually got their funding increased so they can have class sizes about half the size of public schools. They also do not accept most special needs kids.    Maybe that is the school system you understand....

BC Liberals are kinda the opposite of  Robin Hood    -  BC Liberals  steal from the poor ( middle class Public Schools  )    to give to the RICH  ( private schools ) 

How many strikes back would you like to go? They just got a new deal 2 years ago. Calling a deal the teachers agreed to "stealing" is dipper spin and nothing else. 

I send my kid to public school thanks. And many of her teachers weren't exactly ass-busters. And who cares where she sends her kid? She pays for it so its no ones business. The NDP would be an economic disaster for BC, what do you think happens to your education funding then?

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

How many strikes back would you like to go? They just got a new deal 2 years ago. Calling a deal the teachers agreed to "stealing" is dipper spin and nothing else. 

And who cares where she sends he kid? She pays for it so its no ones business. The NDP would be an economic disaster for BC, what do you think happens to your education funding then?

Still waiting for those 100k LNG jobs, how about you? $300M would go a fair distance in the BC education system. If you want to send your kid to private school go ahead, but not on my dime.

6 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Yah but thats not actually happening. NDP spin. 

I worked 20 years in the school system...sorry to say it is happening....cutting school funding since 2002 ....and still going strong...and the old argument about fast ferries has really run its course..something that happened 17 years ago...thats the old Liberal fallback..Glenn Clark tried to give buisness to BCs shipbuilding companies instead of sending contracts overseas which is a great Lib practice...it wasnt a billion.. It took $450 million to build the three ships, and they sold for a total of just over $19 million.

1 minute ago, johngould21 said:

Still waiting for those 100k LNG jobs, how about you? $300M would go a fair distance in the BC education system. If you want to send your kid to private school go ahead, but not on my dime.

They're coming. Nice new 1.5 billion dollar plant in Squamish is a nice start, and most welcome there. Oh right, the NDP didn't want that one either - see what I mean?

Petronas is looking at investing 36 billion in BC, thats going to take some time. Again, the NDP would tank that, and thats pretty damn scary. 

I'm all for more dough for people with disabilities. I volunteer my time for a local group as a consultant to help raise money for people with disabilities in BC, and the province is far from the biggest issue these folks have. 

22 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Better than spending a billion on ferries that can't sail in BC waters. 

Except of course those ferries were sold for less than 10 cents on the dollar to a bahrainian businessman who spent the $440,000 to put the galvanized mesh on the intakes and retrofit he pumps as was suggested by experts and they work just fine.

If you're going to use a scandal try harder because that particular one makes you and the liberals look like idiots.

Sell it for spite to prove a point instead of doing the right thing.  PURE genius 

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

They're coming. Nice new 1.5 billion dollar plant in Squamish is a nice start, and most welcome there. Oh right, the NDP didn't want that one either - see what I mean?

Petronas is looking at investing 36 billion in BC, thats going to take some time. Again, the NDP would tank that, and thats pretty damn scary. 

I'm all for more dough for people with disabilities. I volunteer my time for a local group as a consultant to help raise money for people with disabilities in BC, and the province is far from the biggest issue these folks have. 

You'd  have to be for people with disabilities 

Because anyone defending the liberals needs all the mental help they can get

Just now, ShakyWalton said:

I worked 20 years in the school system...sorry to say it is happening....cutting school funding since 2002 ....and still going strong...and the old argument about fast ferries has really run its course..something that happened 17 years ago...thats the old Liberal fallback..Glenn Clark tried to give buisness to BCs shipbuilding companies instead of sending contracts overseas which is a great Lib practice...it wasnt a billion.. It took $450 million to build the three ships, and they sold for a total of just over $19 million.

The fact is the NDP is not a pro-business group, and never has been in BC. 

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Except of course those ferries were sold for less than 10 cents on the dollar to a bahrainian businessman who spent the $440,000 to put the galvanized mesh on the intakes and retrofit he pumps as was suggested by experts and they work just fine.

If you're going to use a scandal try harder because that particular one makes you and the liberals look like idiots.

Sell it for spite to prove a point instead of doing the right thing.  PURE genius 

Lucky for NDP supporters others know how to create jobs and wealth. 

Archived