The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Van - Dal Goalie Swap

stuman491

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is Nuke good enough to give up Tanev for?

I think there are better option for a tanev trade,  less risky options.  The only problem is the teams we have interest in their don't really need another RHD.

Stars have Klingber and oduya

Avs' have Johnson and Barrie

Sabres have Risto, bogo and Franson

1 hour ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I think there are better option for a tanev trade,  less risky options.  The only problem is the teams we have interest in their don't really need another RHD.

Stars have Klingber and oduya

Avs' have Johnson and Barrie

Sabres have Risto, bogo and Franson

What about Florida or Tampa, for Huberdoux or I forget the Tampa guy (he was in Yzerman's doghouse)?

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What about Florida or Tampa, for Huberdoux or I forget the Tampa guy (he was in Yzerman's doghouse)?

Florida has Ekblad Matheson and Petrovic..  They just got rid of guddy because they were so deep on the right side.

Bolts (drouin) have too much cap already tied up in D with hedman's cap extension kicking in next year..  But even still they have Hedman and Sutsr and Coburn

If Tanev was left handed he would be an attractive piece to all these team. There's a lot of stud right handed D in the league.

Hedman, Ristolinen, Barrie, Klingberg, Karlsson, Subban, Weber, Petroangelo, Doughty, Burns.  

Tanev would be a perfect partner for a stud D, if only he was on his strong side.  

1 hour ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Florida has Ekblad Matheson and Petrovic..  They just got rid of guddy because they were so deep on the right side.

Bolts (drouin) have too much cap already tied up in D with hedman's cap extension kicking in next year..  But even still they have Hedman and Sutsr and Coburn

If Tanev was left handed he would be an attractive piece to all these team. There's a lot of stud right handed D in the league.

Hedman, Ristolinen, Barrie, Klingberg, Karlsson, Subban, Weber, Petroangelo, Doughty, Burns.  

Tanev would be a perfect partner for a stud D, if only he was on his strong side.  

If we could get Edler to waive, does he have enough value to return one of the young guys being discussed?

12 hours ago, Alflives said:

If we could get Edler to waive, does he have enough value to return one of the young guys being discussed?

To be honest I would rather keep Edler over Tanev.  Tanev has not played a full season in the NHL yet.  Best he did was 70 games.  He absorbs too much punishment and is too small to deal with it.  Although Edler has his injury issues as well he has a bigger frame and hopefully can absorb a little more punishment.  I saw someone else post the idea of Tanev to Phoenix.  I think they would be a great trade partner.  Although I doubt the want Miller as well. 

6 minutes ago, stuman491 said:

To be honest I would rather keep Edler over Tanev.  Tanev has not played a full season in the NHL yet.  Best he did was 70 games.  He absorbs too much punishment and is too small to deal with it.  Although Edler has his injury issues as well he has a bigger frame and hopefully can absorb a little more punishment.  I saw someone else post the idea of Tanev to Phoenix.  I think they would be a great trade partner.  Although I doubt the want Miller as well. 

I prefer Edler too; he takes hits a lot better than Tanev.  Plus, he is just a better overall player than Tanev.  Would Tbay want Tanev?  Is Tanev + Torts second worth Drouin?

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I prefer Edler too; he takes hits a lot better than Tanev.  Plus, he is just a better overall player than Tanev.  Would Tbay want Tanev?  Is Tanev + Torts second worth Drouin?

Not that i really know, but I think that might be close to landing someone like Drouin.  Perhaps we take back a bad contract as well (they don't have many).  I was looking at their cap break down and they are paying out Matt Carle 1.8 mil for three more seasons as a buy out.  They cannot afford to sign Drouin unless he gives them a massive discount on a bridge deal.  Would it be worth taking the Carle contract and send them Tanev for Drouin?  Keep our picks for super scout Benning?

1 hour ago, stuman491 said:

Not that i really know, but I think that might be close to landing someone like Drouin.  Perhaps we take back a bad contract as well (they don't have many).  I was looking at their cap break down and they are paying out Matt Carle 1.8 mil for three more seasons as a buy out.  They cannot afford to sign Drouin unless he gives them a massive discount on a bridge deal.  Would it be worth taking the Carle contract and send them Tanev for Drouin?  Keep our picks for super scout Benning?

I think Tbay would like to dump Callahan, maybe?

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I think Tbay would like to dump Callahan, maybe?

Yea, I'm sure they would. Thing is do we want him at 5.8 mil? He is signed until 19/20 season as well.  Don't get me wrong I like Callahan I just don't want a third liner eating up that much Salary for so long. 

2 minutes ago, stuman491 said:

Yea, I'm sure they would. Thing is do we want him at 5.8 mil? He is signed until 19/20 season as well.  Don't get me wrong I like Callahan I just don't want a third liner eating up that much Salary for so long. 

Would his salary balance Drouin's?

6 minutes ago, stuman491 said:

Is Tanev worth Callahan + Drouin? I'd rather take the 1st round pick and Drouin and run

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Would his salary balance Drouin's?

Drouin is an RFA next year.  So we would have to pay Drouin.  Not sure what he will get, but lets say we get a sweet deal like Tampa did with Kucherov, Drouin is still going to cost us 4.7 mil or more.  I think Tampa would have to sweeten the deal a little.  Although it looks ridiculous when I write it out lol.  Yzerman would tell me to take a walk.

Tanev for Drouin, Callahan and a pick (3rd). 

2 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Is Tanev worth Callahan + Drouin? I'd rather take the 1st round pick and Drouin and run

Are you thinking

Tanev for a 1st and Drouin?

if so I think we are overvaluing Tanev a lot.  He is a solid D man, but not worth that much.  Don't think we could even do Tanev straight up for Drouin.

1 minute ago, Beary Sweet said:

Callahan isn't added value, he's added for cap dump.  And I think Bolts have more interest in a left handed D than right.  Right now they have garrison playing top line, and I think a Edler Hedman pairing would be a lot more attractive. 

1 minute ago, stuman491 said:

Drouin is an RFA next year.  So we would have to pay Drouin.  Not sure what he will get, but lets say we get a sweet deal like Tampa did with Kucherov, Drouin is still going to cost us 4.7 mil or more.  I think Tampa would have to sweeten the deal a little.  Although it looks ridiculous when I write it out lol.  Yzerman would tell me to take a walk.

Tanev for Drouin, Callahan and a pick (3rd). 

I think we would need to add either our second, or the Torts second to balance out value.  I really don't know if Drouin is a JB kind of player?

Just now, Alflives said:

I think we would need to add either our second, or the Torts second to balance out value.  I really don't know if Drouin is a JB kind of player?

Maybe yea.  But I really think we are doing Tampa a favor by taking Callahan off their hands.  Its a terrible contract for a declining player.  He had 28 points last year.  Pretty bad for 5.8 mil.  He has 2 this year. 

And Drouin better be a JB player lol.  We need a player like him badly! 

1 minute ago, stuman491 said:

Maybe yea.  But I really think we are doing Tampa a favor by taking Callahan off their hands.  Its a terrible contract for a declining player.  He had 28 points last year.  Pretty bad for 5.8 mil.  He has 2 this year. 

And Drouin better be a JB player lol.  We need a player like him badly! 

For a team that's rebuilding (us) and a team that is in win now mode (Tbay) this could be a fair trade for both to attain their current goal.  Let's get JB and SY in the same room so they can get it done.:frantic:

Just now, Alflives said:

For a team that's rebuilding (us) and a team that is in win now mode (Tbay) this could be a fair trade for both to attain their current goal.  Let's get JB and SY in the same room so they can get it done.:frantic:

Gave away all my likes.  But i'm in! 

If we actually got Drouin i'd probably cry tears of joy. 

9 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Callahan isn't added value, he's added for cap dump.  And I think Bolts have more interest in a left handed D than right.  Right now they have garrison playing top line, and I think a Edler Hedman pairing would be a lot more attractive. 

Unfortunately I think you are right.  I want to keep Edler though.  Tanev is too injury prone and absorbs way too much punishment to have a lengthy career (I hope I'm wrong there).  

But If Edler could get us Drouin I think it would be worth it. 

Archived