Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Monday Nov 14th Practice Update


Ossi Vaananen

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

Ok forget all of the teaching the kid a lesson, sending him a message, making him earn his icetime, touchy feely nonsense. What does Skille bring to the lineup that Virtanen couldn't? Is WD hoping that Skille is going to push his way up the lineup and finally become the player that everyone knew he could be when he was drafted 7th overall in 2005? Another game in the press box isn't going to re-enforce his message any more than sending him to Utica could have. He might as well pull his pants down and spank his bare bottom, because that seems like the level of understanding he is showing when dealing with the kid.

Skille gladly accepts 4th line role and plays hard  finishes his checks and has even created turn overs with his hits.  He's genuinely excited for other players,  eg when Granlund scored thr OT winner I thought he was going to snap Granlunds neck he was rubbing his helmet so hard(Giggity) 

 

Virt with higher minutes on higher skilled lines has same points,  same shots and complained about his TOI to press

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

5 hours ago, shad0w4life said:

Skille gladly accepts 4th line role and plays hard  finishes his checks and has even created turn overs with his hits.  He's genuinely excited for other players,  eg when Granlund scored thr OT winner I thought he was going to snap Granlunds neck he was rubbing his helmet so hard(Giggity) 

 

Virt with higher minutes on higher skilled lines has same points,  same shots and complained about his TOI to press

That's my take as well. Skille is a 4th liner and Jake can play up in the lineup, therefore Skille should play ahead of him. Plus Skille's celebrations when someone else scores are off the charts. I totally get it now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

If effort equalled results, Dorsett would be a 50 goal scorer. JV was given a slap on the wrist and he responded exactly the way the coach wanted him to, yet he still sits in the pressbox. It's puzzling to me.

 

What's even more curious are Jake's comments about being shown video from his 1st game in Utica and from there realizing that he had to keep his feet moving in order to be effective on the ice. In his 2nd game he looked like a completely different player and was constantly moving his feet and as a result the puck came to him throughout the game. Surely Jake had to have been pulled aside by Canucks coaching and shown video of how his play looked lazy and what he needed to do to correct this right?

 

Bruh.. I know you have trust issues but I'm here to support you. Loosen up and have faith. 

 

The result of Jake Virtanen not being on the big club the last 3 games has resulted in a 2 - 1 record with some good hockey sprinked in. Additionally, you just said yourself Virtanen now suddenly sounds like he is self aware of his tendency to look nonchalant while on the ice. This is a GOOD thing. Learning from being sent down. Hopefully he plays exponentially better with the minutes he is given and the ice time will follow. Is it so hard to be patient? 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, agent007 said:

 

Bruh.. I know you have trust issues but I'm here to support you. Loosen up and have faith. 

 

The result of Jake Virtanen not being on the big club the last 3 games has resulted in a 2 - 1 record with some good hockey sprinked in. Additionally, you just said yourself Virtanen now suddenly sounds like he is self aware of his tendency to look nonchalant while on the ice. This is a GOOD thing. Learning from being sent down. Hopefully he plays exponentially better with the minutes he is given and the ice time will follow. Is it so hard to be patient? 

 

Hey I get it. I just don't get it. :P Pray for me :lol: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

 

That's my take as well. Skille is a 4th liner and Jake can play up in the lineup, therefore Skille should play ahead of him. Plus Skille's celebrations when someone else scores are off the charts. I totally get it now.

Me thinks you dont,  Jake is absolute garbage on the ice,  he's being outplayed by a 4th liner and demanding 2nd line minutes. If we wanted to tank then Jake is a clear choice,  but for now hes a complete bust@ 6th overall

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...