The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Virtanen Ceiling

doodle sack

Why put a ceiling on a kids with a big body, big shot and physical toughness.....

Sky is the limit .   Too early to tell what we have in him..  Lets talk about it in 4 - 5 years from now . 

Virt is just a kid and the  fans / media need to lay off him and give him space to develop......

1 hour ago, CeeBee51 said:

I think his ceiling is about 6'-1".  

Same page.

Thinking 6'1, 235lbs.

@Odd. . I've been banging the LW drum for a while. I know why they want him playing RW, because the NHL is defense first and you're in a better defensive position stick side to the boards.... lame. It actually speaks to WD's lack of vision and creativity. Well that and we lack RWingers with a shot.

His first NHL (preseason) goal, last year, was from the left side, inside the FO circle. Full on top cheddar snipe, but no, Jake shoots right and he's not Ovechkin, so he must actually be a RW that accidentally played LW his entire life up to the draft.

Maybe if he can go until the New Year without getting a minus they'll give him a shift or two in his natural position.

I figured that was one of the reasons he always looked a bit lost last year, switching wings is like moving to the southern hemisphere.. 

Edit- but he does need to bring it and earn that ice. Be real good and real good things will happen. No more looking lost, he's has had plenty of time to adjust

At this time there's no point speculating, there's too many factors involved. 

Let's see how much he improves year after year. Then we'll have a pretty good idea.

That said, his acceleration, shot, and physical play are all excellent at the NHL level.

Lot's of potential IMO.

4 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Brutal assessment. Made me laugh because you're so fricken mean

But you're wrong. He's way faster than both of those clowns

I agree, how about the speed and tenacity of Victor Oreskovich and the offensive creativity of Alexandre Bolduc

2 hours ago, Four Sport Guru said:

Are there other Jake Virtanen threads? 

2 hours ago, elvis15 said:

Which one, the new player one, or the original prospect one (you know, the one with all the people projecting what type of player he might be)?

Not including the Virtanen vs Nylander thread, or the Virtanen: Lost Boy thread, or the Disgruntled Virtanen thread, or the Virtanen pull a Drouin thread, or...

2 hours ago, Four Sport Guru said:

He 'could' be the next Neely or Lindros, but realistically, think Brad Isbister with a little more fire. Possible 20 goal guy. I think he scores 175 goals in his NHL career. 

Um no, come on lindros? One of the most dominant players ever??? Give your head a shake 

Archived