The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Signs in Toronto Urge White People to Join ‘Alt-Right’

nucklehead

6 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

When people stop worrying about the coloring of their skin the better. As long as we keep trying to segregate ourself we will always have these problem. All sides are at fault.  I'm not a white Canadian. I'm just a Human. You're not a black Canadian. Just Human. When people see us as just Humans then we are seem more as equals. 

fify

@etsen3 @Stelar

I'm not saying that black people don't have issues, obviously I can see their issues. The reality is though that every demographic has issues, and given that no demographic can have identical issues (because they aren't the same...) they are therefore of varying scale. The notion however that white people can't publicly express the issues they have with the way society is treating them is a ridiculous one. If black people can publicly protest and complain about their treatment, then all skin colours can do the same.

3 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

The difference is black men in the US are 2 times more likely to get shot and killed by police. 25% of police killings, 13% of the population. 54% of blacks in the stop and frisk category, 14% white. Again totally imbalanced. 

Are you seriously suggesting that the US doesn't have a history of racism that effects things right up to today? 

Not sure what you are personally bothered by here. I mean really, just based on "whiteness" what the hell do we have to complain about? Like Louis CK said the worst thing you can call a white guy in the US is "cracker" and thats saying something! I think you need to mellow out and look at the raw stats on how people are really treated in the US. And then look at how aboriginal people are treated in Canada - we are worse up here, but it doesn't make the media headlines. 

Black people in America are more likely to get killed by police yes. They also commit more violent crimes, and generally live in sketchier neighbourhoods. People always want to look at statistics like that without context. Is it fair that black people get shot more? No. Is it reasonable to expect that is the case, YES! Stop and Frisk is a program that inherently relies on profiling. Guess what's going to come into the act of profiling? Bias. When you are a police officer and most of your arrests are on black people, you are going to be more likely to suspect black people of crime. Again.... Is it fair? No. Expectable? Yes! So while I agree with your statistics (I mean I didn't look up exact numbers, but the general trends of them), they are that way for a reason.

Now I'm not trying to blame black people for their situation, because that isn't actually fair. You can tell a slave he is free, but a person without a job and without a penny to their name is no less exploitable than a slave. It's only natural to expect crime to develop in such situations. The reality though is that black people in America have a crisis of perception. No skin colour in the world is more linked with these two major and negative things, poverty and crime. If black people in America want true equality in statistics, then they have to behave statistically like other demographics. This is going to take a lot of effort, and frankly help from people of all races. The black community needs INVESTMENT. Investment in better schooling in their communities, more recreation centers, parks, businesses. But it's a chicken and the egg problem, people don't want to do such things while their communities are so violent, and the violence won't stop until something is done. One thing is for sure, the perception of black people won't be changed for the better by blaming white people for all their problems.

This is an open invitation to anyone who dares take my position seriously. Whose responsibility is it to fix the perception of the black community in America? If you can at the very least agree with me that they have a perception issue, then you are capable of answering this question. If it's not their own responsibility then whose is it? Maybe it's time for organizations like Black Lives Matter to stop shirking their own responsibilities to their community, instead of attacking other races. Black Lives Matter is a sham of an organization for this very reason, they never speak out about the biggest issues for black people in America. The fact that the majority of black people are killed by black people. The fact that BLACK, yes, BLACK police officers shoot more BLACK people than WHITE police officers. Read that again, and make sure you understand. While statistics like those presented in the post I'm replying to suggest a disproportionate ratio between the % of population and % of police shootings, they don't account for violent crime rates, which actually level the playing field completely. So people can keep on arbitrarily harping on about how all the institutions are out to get black people, but the hypocrisy is blinding.

To be clear though, do black people have all the blame? No, there are historical factors that have placed them in their position today, but let's not pretend that they have NO responsibility for their treatment in society today.

"Black people in America are more likely to get killed by police yes. They also commit more violent crimes, and generally live in sketchier neighbourhoods."

Do they really commit more crime or are they just caught more often, due to a police force that focuses on them?

3 minutes ago, Aircool said:

@etsen3 @Stelar

I'm not saying that black people don't have issues, obviously I can see their issues. The reality is though that every demographic has issues, and given that no demographic can have identical issues (because they aren't the same...) they are therefore of varying scale. The notion however that white people can't publicly express the issues they have with the way society is treating them is a ridiculous one. If black people can publicly protest and complain about their treatment, then all skin colours can do the same.

Black people in America are more likely to get killed by police yes. They also commit more violent crimes, and generally live in sketchier neighbourhoods. People always want to look at statistics like that without context. Is it fair that black people get shot more? No. Is it reasonable to expect that is the case, YES! Stop and Frisk is a program that inherently relies on profiling. Guess what's going to come into the act of profiling? Bias. When you are a police officer and most of your arrests are on black people, you are going to be more likely to suspect black people of crime. Again.... Is it fair? No. Expectable? Yes! So while I agree with your statistics (I mean I didn't look up exact numbers, but the general trends of them), they are that way for a reason.

Now I'm not trying to blame black people for their situation, because that isn't actually fair. You can tell a slave he is free, but a person without a job and without a penny to their name is no less exploitable than a slave. It's only natural to expect crime to develop in such situations. The reality though is that black people in America have a crisis of perception. No skin colour in the world is more linked with these two major and negative things, poverty and crime. If black people in America want true equality in statistics, then they have to behave statistically like other demographics. This is going to take a lot of effort, and frankly help from people of all races. The black community needs INVESTMENT. Investment in better schooling in their communities, more recreation centers, parks, businesses. But it's a chicken and the egg problem, people don't want to do such things while their communities are so violent, and the violence won't stop until something is done. One thing is for sure, the perception of black people won't be changed for the better by blaming white people for all their problems.

This is an open invitation to anyone who dares take my position seriously. Whose responsibility is it to fix the perception of the black community in America? If you can at the very least agree with me that they have a perception issue, then you are capable of answering this question. If it's not their own responsibility then whose is it? Maybe it's time for organizations like Black Lives Matter to stop shirking their own responsibilities to their community, instead of attacking other races. Black Lives Matter is a sham of an organization for this very reason, they never speak out about the biggest issues for black people in America. The fact that the majority of black people are killed by black people. The fact that BLACK, yes, BLACK police officers shoot more BLACK people than WHITE police officers. Read that again, and make sure you understand. While statistics like those presented in the post I'm replying to suggest a disproportionate ratio between the % of population and % of police shootings, they don't account for violent crime rates, which actually level the playing field completely. So people can keep on arbitrarily harping on about how all the institutions are out to get black people, but the hypocrisy is blinding.

To be clear though, do black people have all the blame? No, there are historical factors that have placed them in their position today, but let's not pretend that they have NO responsibility for their treatment in society today.

Where in the BLM movement are they calling for lack of personal responsibility? They are doing what you are saying, taking on forcing discussion around changing perceptions. In the US things like making it harder to vote in poor black areas is a reality, systematically designed voter suppression is real. Thats a big issue for them and it should be along with many other systematic things. 

I don't know the 1st thing about what it feels like to be a black person in the US or anywhere else, but what I can do is try to listen to what they are saying. Maybe by listening to them first we can work on that perception issue, eh? 

12 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Where in the BLM movement are they calling for lack of personal responsibility? They are doing what you are saying, taking on forcing discussion around changing perceptions. In the US things like making it harder to vote in poor black areas is a reality, systematically designed voter suppression is real. Thats a big issue for them and it should be along with many other systematic things. 

I don't know the 1st thing about what it feels like to be a black person in the US or anywhere else, but what I can do is try to listen to what they are saying. Maybe by listening to them first we can work on that perception issue, eh? 

If that's what you think the result of Black Lives Matter has been then you are a lost cause. While I'm prepared for disagreement on my viewpoint, and understand I will probably not have many people agree with me. Let's not get the basic facts wrong. Black Lives Matter is an organization that seeks to place the blame (and therefore the responsibility) for the issues in the black community on white people. If you believe that there are conscious attempts to suppress the black vote in America, then you are completely out to lunch. The only factor on voting stations in these "poor black areas" is their crime rate. If even that.

I'm perfectly willing to, and indeed have listened to, black people on their issues. You might find that America would have improved RACE RELATIONS (because it is a relationship), if they listened to others on their issues too. It's too bad they are currently too busy shouting racist from the rooftops to anyone who will listen.

EDIT: To be clear though, I'm not saying that ALL black people are unwilling to listen in the way specified above. However, like it or not, BLM is now the representative for black people on social issues now... It's a pity, but that's the reality....

5 minutes ago, Aircool said:

If that's what you think the result of Black Lives Matter has been then you are a lost cause. While I'm prepared for disagreement on my viewpoint, and understand I will probably not have many people agree with me. Let's not get the basic facts wrong. Black Lives Matter is an organization that seeks to place the blame (and therefore the responsibility) for the issues in the black community on white people. If you believe that there is conscious attempts to suppress the black vote in America, then you are completely out to lunch. The only factor on voting stations in these "poor black areas" is their crime rate. If even that.

I'm perfectly willing to, and indeed have listened to, black people on their issues. You might find that America would have improve RACE RELATIONS (because it is a relationship), if they listened to others on their issues too. It's too bad they are currently too busy shouting racist from the rooftops to anyone who will listen.

Interesting. I see it as a jumping off point for discussion. 

Who really gets shot more in the US?

http://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5-statistics-you-need-know-about-cops-killing-aaron-bandler

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/07/11/arent-more-white-people-than-black-people-killed-by-police-yes-but-no/

(I love this one for the snopes crowd)

http://www.snopes.com/do-police-kill-more-whites-than-black-people/

http://crimeresearch.org/2014/10/inflammatory-and-misleading-claims-about-black-teens-being-vastly-more-likely-to-be-killed-by-police-than-whites-even-after-adjusting-for-crime-rates/

http://www.ibtimes.com/police-shooting-statistics-2016-are-more-black-people-killed-officers-other-races-2421634

Now...statistically by the numbers based on population african americans are getting shot more.  But more white people are dying.

It's kind of a stupid argument really because the end result is people are yet again trying to justify or promote ever yet more segregation by claiming one race has it worse.  When the end result is there is a dead human being at the end of an officers gun.

It's sad people don't even see that they're doing this profiling.  Black, White, Red, Brown or green.  Dead is dead and the blood is red

2 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Interesting. I see it as a jumping off point for discussion. 

Possibly, possibly not. I'm prepared for some hate on this though. The truth is though, if what black people were doing to fix their problem was working, it would be working. It's not working, and you can't just always blame all your problems on the "racist white people". Somethings got to change.

1 minute ago, Aircool said:

Possibly, possibly not. I'm prepared for some hate on this though. The truth is though, if what black people were doing to fix their problem was working, it would be working. It's not working, and you can't just always blame all your problems on the "racist white people". Somethings got to change.

All I know is I don't know what their experience of life is, and there's a lot of evidence to show there's systematic issues at play. Seems reasonable to keep talking. 

28 minutes ago, Aircool said:

@etsen3 @Stelar

I can't believe that I agree with something Aircool says......Ok i'm going to respond to the bolded and do my best not to get in an argument about tanking.... :)

I think a big part of the cause is the handout they receive.  I have a good number of friends from college that did missions in the projects.  From their experience it draws parallels to the reserves here in canada.

When people get handouts, live of welfare, it doesn't provide incentive to roll up your sleeves and make an honest living.  Many of the housing is at a subsitdized cost.  So they could either move out of the projects, get a 9-5 job, pay for bills, food and full rent or stay in the projects not work, get food stamps, welfare checks and pay a quarter the cost of rent.  The incentive isn't there so people rely on these handouts.  If the handouts just immediately stopped crime would probably sky rocket.  

There has to be a way to ween people off gov't support and educating them to support be able to them selves. That starts from education at a young age and greater job availability with room for people to grow. 

That makes me think of that old saying. 

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day and be back tomorrow. Teach a man to fish.....and he'll spend all day in a boat drinking beer...feed his family for a life time.

3 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I can't believe that I agree with something Aircool says......Ok i'm going to respond to the bolded and do my best not to get in an argument about tanking.... :)

I think a big part of the cause is the handout they receive.  I have a good number of friends from college that did missions in the projects.  From their experience it draws parallels to the reserves here in canada.

When people get handouts, live of welfare, it doesn't provide incentive to roll up your sleeves and make an honest living.  Many of the housing is at a subsitdized cost.  So they could either move out of the projects, get a 9-5 job, pay for bills, food and full rent or stay in the projects not work, get food stamps, welfare checks and pay a quarter the cost of rent.  The incentive isn't there so people rely on these handouts.  If the handouts just immediately stopped crime would probably sky rocket.  

There has to be a way to ween people off gov't support and educating them to support be able to them selves. That starts from education at a young age and greater job availability with room for people to grow. 

That makes me think of that old saying. 

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day and be back tomorrow. Teach a man to fish.....and he'll spend all day in a boat drinking beer...feed his family for a life time.

Yeah I think handouts have something to do with it as well, but I mean I feel less sure on this point. Also, I believe that prejudice can come into arguments about handout, or at the very least you can easily misspeak. So this is the one point on this argument I try to avoid. What I will say is that if the "poor" segment of the black community has a culture of receiving handouts it would explain why they feel so entitled to demand more handouts. After all, protesting against white people and demanding that others fix their problems, I mean what is it they are really asking for. More stuff for free. Preferential treatment. They want the police to police them better, without improving the behaviour in their communities. They want their communities to be nicer, without putting in the hard work to make them so. Do they need help? YES THEY DO!!! White people in America should be helping, but I don't blame them for not doing so... When you won't receive any gratitude for it. Just ridicule if you don't.

18 hours ago, Aircool said:

@etsen3 @Stelar

There are plenty of black-led organizations, and black people working very hard to address poverty, crime, and lack of opportunity in the black community.  So please don't act like black people are blind to the issues they actually live with every day.

These organization aren't making noise, because it's not their job to make noise.  The Black Lives Matter movement does make noise, because it's their job to raise awareness and demand justice.

Society must stop telling black America to pull itself up by the bootstraps while simultaneously cutting the bootstraps.

18 hours ago, Aircool said:

Yeah I think handouts have something to do with it as well, but I mean I feel less sure on this point. Also, I believe that prejudice can come into arguments about handout, or at the very least you can easily misspeak. So this is the one point on this argument I try to avoid. What I will say is that if the "poor" segment of the black community has a culture of receiving handouts it would explain why they feel so entitled to demand more handouts. After all, protesting against white people and demanding that others fix their problems, I mean what is it they are really asking for. More stuff for free. Preferential treatment. They want the police to police them better, without improving the behaviour in their communities. They want their communities to be nicer, without putting in the hard work to make them so. Do they need help? YES THEY DO!!! White people in America should be helping, but I don't blame them for not doing so... When you won't receive any gratitude for it. Just ridicule if you don't.

Keep in mind the premise is my entire argument is based upon the assumption that black people are treated unfairly in the US.  There is plenty of evidence to support this, if you choose to disregard it I can't help you.

I don't see black people asking for handouts.  All they want is the same treatment white people get.  All they are asking for is to stop getting screwed over!  Why do white people deserve any "gratitude" for merely not screwing black people over? Why is fairness something black people have to earn?  Civil rights and equal treatment are guaranteed to everyone in the constitution.  The things that black people want for free are things that white people already get for free. They're things that are supposed to be free.

My job application had the tick boxes for race and sex. We know there are points awarded for folks who are not white males. Equality?! Sure...

Until affirmative action, etc., which puts a white man in a lesser position to succeed, by design, is abolished, I'd argue that I will always feel there is a movement to stop me from getting the job I applied for, as a white guy, the butt of every modern joke.

3 hours ago, etsen3 said:

I don't see black people asking for handouts.  All they want is the same treatment white people get.  All they are asking for is to stop getting screwed over!

Who is screwing them over? Black Obama? Oprah? Justin 'the Cuck' Trudeau?

Keep eating your media garbage...

You make your own luck in this world. Nobody is in the way of anyone else's ambitions, ask Ali.

If you want to see real racism, look at how the media tried and failed to portray Trump as a racist white guy. Go have a pity part for that. No? Media has you bleating out their agenda for them? Too bad. Go back to sleep, zombie. When you wake up, I hope you encourage others to stand on their own.

3 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Who is screwing them over? Black Obama? Oprah? Justin 'the Cuck' Trudeau?

Keep eating your media garbage...

You make your own luck in this world. Nobody is in the way of anyone else's ambitions, ask Ali.

If you want to see real racism, look at how the media tried and failed to portray Trump as a racist white guy. Go have a pity part for that. No? Media has you bleating out their agenda for them? Too bad. Go back to sleep, zombie. When you wake up, I hope you encourage others to stand on their own.

My apologies to President Trump.  I am so sorry that the media hurt his feelings when he called for a ban on Muslims entering the country and the media called him racist.  We must protect him from the hurtful words of those who are on the brink of being forced away from their families.

7 hours ago, etsen3 said:

Keep in mind the premise is my entire argument is based upon the assumption that black people are treated unfairly in the US.  There is plenty of evidence to support this, if you choose to disregard it I can't help you.

I don't see black people asking for handouts.  All they want is the same treatment white people get.  All they are asking for is to stop getting screwed over!  Why do white people deserve any "gratitude" for merely not screwing black people over? Why is fairness something black people have to earn?  Civil rights and equal treatment are guaranteed to everyone in the constitution.  The things that black people want for free are things that white people already get for free. They're things that are supposed to be free.

What free things whites get that blacks don't and also are these things available for Hispanics and Asians?

2 hours ago, etsen3 said:

My apologies to President Trump.  I am so sorry that the media hurt his feelings when he called for a ban on Muslims entering the country and the media called him racist.  We must protect him from the hurtful words of those who are on the brink of being forced away from their families.

Stop feeding from the social engineering trough. I'm embarrassed of the ignorance displayed by the mentally lazy and bankrupt comments. Wake up people. Stay off of the mainstream media's social engineering program.

Context:

A population of, roughly what... the size of Canada for instance, IS the portion of the fanatical Muslim faction who wants to see all non Muslims dead. Trump has deep concerns for wanting to bring this mentality to his country.

Should I bother going on about what this means for him and his country? Does he and his country have a right to decide if a discussion on religious harmony and tolerance is required? Are you seriously so naïve as to think that Trump simply has a gate up against ALL Muslims and Mexicans? I'm not even a Trump supporter, I'm just not oblivious to hypocrisy and double standards.

If your daughter is one of the many future the gang rape victims, (see Europe for eg.) I'm sure your value system will then fall out of alignment with your TV's and you will understand Trumps rants and recant that he is a mere, Racist, for wanting to prevent a culture clash. You are a fool if you think this is not a bigger issue than the racism card.

7 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Stop feeding from the social engineering trough. I'm embarrassed of the ignorance displayed by the mentally lazy and bankrupt comments. Wake up people. Stay off of the mainstream media's social engineering program.

Context:

A population of, roughly what... the size of Canada for instance, IS the portion of the fanatical Muslim faction who wants to see all non Muslims dead. Trump has deep concerns for wanting to bring this mentality to his country.

Should I bother going on about what this means for him and his country? Does he and his country have a right to decide if a discussion on religious harmony and tolerance is required? Are you seriously so naïve as to think that Trump simply has a gate up against ALL Muslims and Mexicans? I'm not even a Trump supporter, I'm just not oblivious to hypocrisy and double standards.

If your daughter is one of the many future the gang rape victims, (see Europe for eg.) I'm sure your value system will then fall out of alignment with your TV's and you will understand Trumps rants and recant that he is a mere, Racist, for wanting to prevent a culture clash. You are a fool if you think this is not a bigger issue than the racism card.

Wait...you're saying 40 MILLION muslims want to kill all non muslims?

As someone famous once said.

There is over 1 billion muslims in the world.  If even 2 percent of them wanted to see that happen they could cause a lot of problems.

But they don't.

Kind of need proof of 40 MILLION muslims desiring to see everyone else dead before you have any credibility.

Archived