The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Signs in Toronto Urge White People to Join ‘Alt-Right’

nucklehead

2 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

What free things whites get that blacks don't and also are these things available for Hispanics and Asians?

Further to this, I'd also like to know what these special 'white privileges' are when the reciprocal situation arises when a white man is living in, say, Saudi Arabia, Japan, ... .  Are there affirmative action movements, etc., where a white guy receives preferential treatment for jobs in those places because of race? Or gender?

I'd like to know just how the SJW's will defend me when I go there and don't get my voice heard when I face instances of racism because I refuse to believe racism is only a white on brown scenario.

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Further to this, I'd also like to know what these special 'white privileges' are when the reciprocal situation arises when a white man is living in, say, Saudi Arabia, Japan, ... .  Are there affirmative action movements, etc., where a white guy receives preferential treatment for jobs in those places because of race? Or gender?

I'd like to know just how the SJW's will defend me when I go there and don't get my voice heard when I face instances of racism because I refuse to believe racism is only a white on brown scenario.

Luckily those countries haven't entirely given in to every man jack and dipstick special interest movement.

Those countries may have a lot of problems but SJW's are not one of them

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Wait...you're saying 40 MILLION muslims want to kill all non muslims?

As someone famous once said.

There is over 1 billion muslims in the world.  If even 2 percent of them wanted to see that happen they could cause a lot of problems.

But they don't.

Kind of need proof of 40 MILLION muslims desiring to see everyone else dead before you have any credibility.

Germany.

I don't care enough about you to continue this, but I am curious, hippy, are you inferring that a scenario where there is a future NA with an expiring Christian demographic being systematically replaced with a hyper-Muslim migration, poses NO culture or value system threat to the freedoms we currently enjoy here? Nobody can be that daft, so wtf do you mean?

FTR, I'm an anti-theist, so you know I have no dog in the religion fight, but would rather put up with the delusions of the wing-nut Christians/Mormons and Jews than the savage, intolerance of Islam. I am an animal worthy of murder to these primitive savages so I take the migration very seriously. All of you should.

As for the thread, sorry to derail - an Alt-Right is something I'd like to have to vote for. An Anti-theist version of right wing politics?

A Right where religious zealots have no place in power. A Secular Right would be something I'd be interested in.

A party that believed that each human should stand on their own two feet and be accountable for their own debt and mistakes?

Imagine that.

11 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

Just listen to the last 3 minutes, even if it's coming from someone with imaginary friends.

Sorry PC'ers, but I find it hard to respect this educated and well-spoken lady given her beliefs in the "teachings" from the awful bronze-age book of hatred, savagery and superstition, the Qur'an.

On 11/16/2016 at 8:36 AM, etsen3 said:

There are plenty of black-led organizations, and black people working very hard to address poverty, crime, and lack of opportunity in the black community.  So please don't act like black people are blind to the issues they actually live with every day.

These organization aren't making noise, because it's not their job to make noise.  The Black Lives Matter movement does make noise, because it's their job to raise awareness and demand justice.

Society must stop telling black America to pull itself up by the bootstraps while simultaneously cutting the bootstraps.

While I disagree that people cut the bootstraps, and think that this is a claim with no evidence, or whose evidence ignores several basic irrefutable facts such as the elevated violent crime rate in black communities, I agree that there are MANY reputable organizations run by and for black people who understand their issues. These organizations should not stand for something like Black Lives Matter. BLM is hurting the cause so substantially that it's unconscionable for someone who understands the issues and responsibilities of black people to stand idle. Yet they do. Or at least the media doesn't cover their condemnation with any seriousness. This is what needs to change, but so long as BLM is the representative of black people in their fight for social equality, I will forever doubt their success in their endeavour.

13 hours ago, etsen3 said:

Keep in mind the premise is my entire argument is based upon the assumption that black people are treated unfairly in the US.  There is plenty of evidence to support this, if you choose to disregard it I can't help you.

I don't see black people asking for handouts.  All they want is the same treatment white people get.  All they are asking for is to stop getting screwed over!  Why do white people deserve any "gratitude" for merely not screwing black people over? Why is fairness something black people have to earn?  Civil rights and equal treatment are guaranteed to everyone in the constitution.  The things that black people want for free are things that white people already get for free. They're things that are supposed to be free.

You are the equivalent of the Canucks fans on this forum who during the preseason thought we were a playoff team. Complete lost causes. You are a "black homer". You question none of the opinions of black people and communities when they claim oppression. How many racists do you personally know? Like how many full blown, would shoot a black guy in the face, racists do you know? I'm willing to bet it's less than 3. Could even be 0. Yet you think there is institutional racism in the U.S... Okay. Feel free to think that. Of course there are racists, there are racists everywhere, the U.S. is no exception, but the notion that there is this unparalleled level of racism in the U.S... Well that's hilarious.

You act like white people going out of their way to aid black people is an EXPECTATION, not an ACT OF KINDNESS. Why should they receive gratitude for doing a good thing? Because they DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING IF THEY DON'T WANT TO. So gratitude goes a long way to having strong race relations... Why would you want black and white people to have a begrudging relationship? That makes no sense. Black people don't have to earn fairness, they have fairness, they also have elevated crime rates in their communities, lower standards of education in many of their communities, and generally more poverty. These factors, irrespective of race, hurt ones chances of being successful. Doesn't matter if you are black, white, purple or green... If black people want help getting out of a horrible situation, gratitude is a small token that can be used to build MUTUAL respect for one another, and repair the relationship between black and white. Not this "reverse-racism" that has been the chosen course instead.

(Obviously "reverse-racism" isn't a thing, it's just black on white racism... but ofc, we have to acknowledge our more powerful position as white people, and realize that our racism is far more damaging... and therefore should not equate the racism of black people to our toxicity as white people.)

11 hours ago, Aircool said:

You are the equivalent of the Canucks fans on this forum who during the preseason thought we were a playoff team. Complete lost causes. You are a "black homer". You question none of the opinions of black people and communities when they claim oppression. How many racists do you personally know? Like how many full blown, would shoot a black guy in the face, racists do you know? I'm willing to bet it's less than 3. Could even be 0. Yet you think there is institutional racism in the U.S... Okay. Feel free to think that. Of course there are racists, there are racists everywhere, the U.S. is no exception, but the notion that there is this unparalleled level of racism in the U.S... Well that's hilarious.

You act like white people going out of their way to aid black people is an EXPECTATION, not an ACT OF KINDNESS. Why should they receive gratitude for doing a good thing? Because they DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING IF THEY DON'T WANT TO. So gratitude goes a long way to having strong race relations... Why would you want black and white people to have a begrudging relationship? That makes no sense. Black people don't have to earn fairness, they have fairness, they also have elevated crime rates in their communities, lower standards of education in many of their communities, and generally more poverty. These factors, irrespective of race, hurt ones chances of being successful. Doesn't matter if you are black, white, purple or green... If black people want help getting out of a horrible situation, gratitude is a small token that can be used to build MUTUAL respect for one another, and repair the relationship between black and white. Not this "reverse-racism" that has been the chosen course instead.

(Obviously "reverse-racism" isn't a thing, it's just black on white racism... but ofc, we have to acknowledge our more powerful position as white people, and realize that our racism is far more damaging... and therefore should not equate the racism of black people to our toxicity as white people.)

You and I are talking about completely different things.  I'm not talking about white people who do charity work in black communities, or who fight for civil rights on behalf of black people.  These are great people and deserve to be commended.  But I'm not talking about this at the level of individual people helping one another, I'm talking about institutional racism and the white hegemon in Western countries.  I'm talking about "the Man".  If you don't believe it exists despite the mountains of evidence (evidence that does account for has nothing to do with elevated crime rates amongst the black community) out there, I can't help you. Evidence that shows that black people are more likely to be punished for using drugs, despite similar usage rates to white people.  Evidence that shows black people receive longer sentences for the exact same crimes.  Evidence that shows that black people are more likely to be targeted by "random" stop and frisk searches.  The deliberate and targeted suppression of the black vote under the guise of preventing "voter fraud".

Freedom from these oppressive tactics absolutely is an expectation and a right.  Just because not every person in the US isn't a full blown Klan member who wants to kill all black people doesn't mean there isn't bias in the government and society as a whole. You appear to understand that prejudice perpetrated by whites is generally more damaging than prejudice perpetrated by blacks.  This is true, but understand that prejudice on an on an individual level is different than systemic racism.  Systemic racism isn't about a cut and dried line that says every white person is personally out to get every black person. Clearly that's not the case.  It's about a power structure that (generally) benefits white people over black people. 

What this all means is that although movements like BLM include assholes, and although you may not always like the "tone" they take, this doesn't negate their message.  If someone gets sold a faulty car and finds out, they may be an asshole about it (you could argue that they have a right to be) but that doesn't change the fact that they deserve their money back.

3 hours ago, etsen3 said:

You and I are talking about completely different things.  I'm not talking about white people who do charity work in black communities, or who fight for civil rights on behalf of black people.  These are great people and deserve to be commended.  But I'm not talking about this at the level of individual people helping one another, I'm talking about institutional racism and the white hegemon in Western countries.  I'm talking about "the Man".  If you don't believe it exists despite the mountains of evidence (evidence that does account for has nothing to do with elevated crime rates amongst the black community) out there, I can't help you. Evidence that shows that black people are more likely to be punished for using drugs, despite similar usage rates to white people.  Evidence that shows black people receive longer sentences for the exact same crimes.  Evidence that shows that black people are more likely to be targeted by "random" stop and frisk searches.  The deliberate and targeted suppression of the black vote under the guise of preventing "voter fraud".

Freedom from these oppressive tactics absolutely is an expectation and a right.  Just because not every person in the US isn't a full blown Klan member who wants to kill all black people doesn't mean there isn't bias in the government and society as a whole. You appear to understand that prejudice perpetrated by whites is generally more damaging than prejudice perpetrated by blacks.  This is true, but understand that prejudice on an on an individual level is different than systemic racism.  Systemic racism isn't about a cut and dried line that says every white person is personally out to get every black person. Clearly that's not the case.  It's about a power structure that (generally) benefits white people over black people. 

What this all means is that although movements like BLM include assholes, and although you may not always like the "tone" they take, this doesn't negate their message.  If someone gets sold a faulty car and finds out, they may be an asshole about it (you could argue that they have a right to be) but that doesn't change the fact that they deserve their money back.

You've clearly read my previous posts very poorly. I completely dismiss the notion of "the man". I think that is a laughable conspiracy contrived to bolster the extremely flawed arguments that follow the lines of many of your arguments. That isn't to say that there isn't bias. There is bias. But getting to why I believe you've read my previous posts poorly, I think that this is fundamentally (while not without significant influence from white people) a result of the actions of black people. As I've said in my previous posts, black people have an image crisis. It is their fault that their crime rates and especially violent crime rates are what they are. Now as I've also previously stated, poverty (which has ties to slavery and even the subsequent release from slavery without remuneration) has a lot to do with that. However, at the end of the day, one is still responsible for their choices in life, no matter how forced they may feel to make them. Why is stop and frisk not blind? Because black people commit more violent crime than white people, which is the point of stop and frisk. To subvert the committal of violent crimes. Racial profiling is an EXTREMELY logical thing to do. I honestly don't understand why people have an issue with it. If people of a certain race don't want to be profiled, then their race should behave comparably to others in the respect that they are profiled. So if black people committed less violent crime, guess what? Stop and frisk rates for them would go down. If there was less Arabic terrorism, you'd have less brown people being pulled aside in airports for a "random" screening. Your "random" in your post is an accurate factor to point out. But the notion that this is somehow immoral is just the wrong perspective to take. IF black people were committing lower amounts of violent crime than white people and were still getting stop-and-frisked at higher, and not just higher but significantly higher, rates than white people, then this would be a strong case for institutional racism.

Equality is a funny thing. As I've said, black people want to be treated like white people, while behaving like black people. Well if you behave like black people, you get treated like black people... This doesn't matter what "behaving like black people" entails nor what "getting treated like black people" entails. People react to sets of behaviour however they react to sets of behaviour. If you want to be treated like white people, then you'd essentially have to behave with more commonalities to a generic white person. Why is it that a person like Van Jones on CNN is treated with such extreme respect when he talks by his fellow cohosts? It's a combination of him wearing a suit, glasses, and being black on a news station who would be very afraid to come across as racist. You constantly see him interrupting others and they stop talking, and never do they interrupt him. It also doesn't help that he is a complete race-baiter... So the topic of racism is always being discussed when he interrupts or is talking and therefore puts a person seeking to get their opinion in a more precarious situation.

Why is it that wearing a suit provides someone with an intellectual status not commonly associated with black people (this is unfair, but true that this occurs.)? Well it might have something to do with the FACT that when people like Van Jones wear suits, and work in an intellectual job surrounded by white people, that they are then dismissed by the black community as an "Uncle Tom" or essentially a sellout to the white man, for having done well enough to wear expensive/nice/business-like attire, and for having done well enough to receive a good education. Situations like this are created by the black community when they separate themselves from those who have intellectual success. It's a SELF-IMPOSED criteria that to be intellectual is to not be black. Not imposed by those who are actually smart, but by those who aren't smart enough to understand that this is wrong.

As for the tone of Black Lives Matter, that is completely irrelevant, I don't care one bit about their tone. I care about their message, and it's a pathetic one. It's one that shirks all responsibility and refuses to speak of the real problems of black people, their own responsibility in causing their problems, and refuses to ask for help instead of degrade those it views as it's enemies. Their protests are not peaceful nor thoughtful and their motives are impure. There is nothing respectable about Black Lives Matter, except the name.

@etsen3

To add a couple further points.. White people are racially profiled. People, even our fellow white people, are constantly verifying our beliefs on certain issues. Surveying us for racial bias. Because to be white is to be racist, and the only way to avoid being white and racist is to hold a very specific set of beliefs. You have to like everything Obama does, support Hillary, hate Trump, and at least support, if not attend, Black Lives Matter (and their protests). You have to agree that George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin in cold, racial, blood. You therefore have to ignore the facts that Trayvon Martin had school suspensions on record, was described as walking on people's lawns peering in through their windows, and was the first to engage in a physical assault of George Zimmerman, who may well have cowardly resorted to firing his gun, but certainly did so legally. Because Trayvon Martin as a "good kid", apparently. Even when all evidence points to the contrary.

Also on a complete aside, you missed the MASSIVE amounts of sarcasm in my reverse-racism explanation. Interesting how you can't see the basic irony in the ridiculous notion that black people can't be as racist as white people, while simultaneously demanding equality. I know you can't see this irony, because you thought I was serious.... If you demand equality, you then have to acknowledge that you have equal capabilities... Yet simultaneously believe that you can then lack the capability to be racist... Interesting...

On 11/17/2016 at 4:50 PM, Aircool said:

It is their fault that their crime rates and especially violent crime rates are what they are.

However, at the end of the day, one is still responsible for their choices in life, no matter how forced they may feel to make them. Why is stop and frisk not blind? Because black people commit more violent crime than white people, which is the point of stop and frisk.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2010/crime-in-the-u.s.-2010/tables/table-43

Please Review. 

1 hour ago, OneSeventeen said:

This shows nothing I wouldn't expect... You forget that there are less black people in America than White people. When you average for the total population the rates are CLEARLY significantly higher. The reason people use racial profiling is to increase their likelihood of successfully targeting a criminal during acts such as Stop-And-Frisk or airport screenings. Or I suppose you could word it in such a way as to say, "Decrease the likelihood of missing an offender." If black people commit similar "VOLUMES" of crime while having a fraction the TOTAL POPULATION of white people, they commit more crime on average. IE, they are more likely to be a criminal. This doesn't give anyone the right to pick any specific black person and say they are a criminal, that's racism (at least if that judgement was made solely on the colour of their skin), but it does allow people to acknowledge they are more likely to be a criminal.

Regardless, while I am correct, and you are looking at pure volumes of information, instead of average rates of committing such offenses, it's irrelevant. Because the perception of black people is as such, even if the data didn't bare truth. Which I suppose makes it even worse in a way, because black people are actively fulfilling their negative stereotypes, but unfortunately, as I've said in my previous posts, poverty is a HUGE factor in that, and we need to be doing things to address poverty and the bad education in many neighbourhoods in the U.S. that unfortunately also many black people live in.

1 hour ago, OneSeventeen said:

On a sidenote, while I'll give you the benefit of the doubt if you wish to tell me that something I wrote provoked you to make an account and you don't already have a different one on these forums. If you did make a NEW account to engage with me in this discussion, I'd find that EXTREMELY cowardly and pathetic. So I sincerely hope you haven't done that, because I'm not dodging any questions/points from anyone on this topic, and I'm on the wrong side of the politically correct spectrum on this. The least you can do is use your real account, if you are on a "fake" account. Again, if you tell me you're not, I'll take your word for it, but I have my suspicions about someone reading this thread for the first time today when it is no longer on the Recent Topics list and hasn't been too active. I will be glad to be wrong on this, but on the flipside, I doubt you'd admit it if you were doing such a thing.

On 17/11/2016 at 1:50 PM, Aircool said:

You've clearly read my previous posts very poorly. I completely dismiss the notion of "the man". I think that is a laughable conspiracy contrived to bolster the extremely flawed arguments that follow the lines of many of your arguments. That isn't to say that there isn't bias. There is bias. But getting to why I believe you've read my previous posts poorly, I think that this is fundamentally (while not without significant influence from white people) a result of the actions of black people. As I've said in my previous posts, black people have an image crisis. It is their fault that their crime rates and especially violent crime rates are what they are. Now as I've also previously stated, poverty (which has ties to slavery and even the subsequent release from slavery without remuneration) has a lot to do with that. However, at the end of the day, one is still responsible for their choices in life, no matter how forced they may feel to make them. Why is stop and frisk not blind? Because black people commit more violent crime than white people, which is the point of stop and frisk. To subvert the committal of violent crimes. Racial profiling is an EXTREMELY logical thing to do. I honestly don't understand why people have an issue with it. If people of a certain race don't want to be profiled, then their race should behave comparably to others in the respect that they are profiled. So if black people committed less violent crime, guess what? Stop and frisk rates for them would go down. If there was less Arabic terrorism, you'd have less brown people being pulled aside in airports for a "random" screening. Your "random" in your post is an accurate factor to point out. But the notion that this is somehow immoral is just the wrong perspective to take. IF black people were committing lower amounts of violent crime than white people and were still getting stop-and-frisked at higher, and not just higher but significantly higher, rates than white people, then this would be a strong case for institutional racism.

Equality is a funny thing. As I've said, black people want to be treated like white people, while behaving like black people. Well if you behave like black people, you get treated like black people... This doesn't matter what "behaving like black people" entails nor what "getting treated like black people" entails. People react to sets of behaviour however they react to sets of behaviour. If you want to be treated like white people, then you'd essentially have to behave with more commonalities to a generic white person. Why is it that a person like Van Jones on CNN is treated with such extreme respect when he talks by his fellow cohosts? It's a combination of him wearing a suit, glasses, and being black on a news station who would be very afraid to come across as racist. You constantly see him interrupting others and they stop talking, and never do they interrupt him. It also doesn't help that he is a complete race-baiter... So the topic of racism is always being discussed when he interrupts or is talking and therefore puts a person seeking to get their opinion in a more precarious situation.

Why is it that wearing a suit provides someone with an intellectual status not commonly associated with black people (this is unfair, but true that this occurs.)? Well it might have something to do with the FACT that when people like Van Jones wear suits, and work in an intellectual job surrounded by white people, that they are then dismissed by the black community as an "Uncle Tom" or essentially a sellout to the white man, for having done well enough to wear expensive/nice/business-like attire, and for having done well enough to receive a good education. Situations like this are created by the black community when they separate themselves from those who have intellectual success. It's a SELF-IMPOSED criteria that to be intellectual is to not be black. Not imposed by those who are actually smart, but by those who aren't smart enough to understand that this is wrong.

As for the tone of Black Lives Matter, that is completely irrelevant, I don't care one bit about their tone. I care about their message, and it's a pathetic one. It's one that shirks all responsibility and refuses to speak of the real problems of black people, their own responsibility in causing their problems, and refuses to ask for help instead of degrade those it views as it's enemies. Their protests are not peaceful nor thoughtful and their motives are impure. There is nothing respectable about Black Lives Matter, except the name.

Lol @ my multiple accounts conspiracy theory. Lol @ advocating for racial profiling and claiming racism doesn't exist at the same time.  It doesn't matter whether you think it's "logical" or not.  Individuaps have constitutionally protected rights in the US, rights against unreasonable search and seizure.  Innocent people don't deserve to get treated with suspicion just because people who have the same colour skin as them have higher crime rates.  That's written into law.  That's the definition of racism.  It's my belief that stop and frisk should be done away with completely, as no one should be searched on the street, regardless of their race. Anyways, your argument that treating a certain racial group with bias (aka the very definition of racism) is justified speaks for itself.

On 11/16/2016 at 7:14 PM, 189lb enforcers? said:

Germany.

I don't care enough about you to continue this, but I am curious, hippy, are you inferring that a scenario where there is a future NA with an expiring Christian demographic being systematically replaced with a hyper-Muslim migration, poses NO culture or value system threat to the freedoms we currently enjoy here? Nobody can be that daft, so wtf do you mean?

Are you suggesting that at any point in time western culture and its entitlement and gun happy idiosyncratic sense of superiority in the world could be supplanted by religious fervor of a bloc of hardcore fanatics?

I guess you really live in a small scared and sheltered world.

Don't worry, the relgiious zealots of the zombie jesus would never let that happen.  You're safe muffin, you're safe

Just now, Warhippy said:

Are you suggesting that at any point in time western culture and its entitlement and gun happy idiosyncratic sense of superiority in the world could be supplanted by religious fervor of a bloc of hardcore fanatics?

I guess you really live in a small scared and sheltered world.

Don't worry, the relgiious zealots of the zombie jesus would never let that happen.  You're safe muffin, you're safe

You have a wonderful way with words.

I say we send all the refuge muslim folks to Israel rather than Christendom. Might be a quicker end to the East problem that way.

3 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

You have a wonderful way with words.

I say we send all the refuge muslim folks to Israel rather than Christendom. Might be a quicker end to the East problem that way.

Well...why not make a solution to the issue once and for all?

How about camps?

Archived