The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Muslim Teacher Told "Go Hang Yourself"

nucklehead

1 minute ago, Toews said:

The agenda is to expose the hatred occurring in the United States. You don't get rid of racism by dusting it under the carpet and pretending it doesn't exist.

The United States has a large number of illegal immigrants. The vast majority of them are not criminals. Many of them have family who are American citizens. How do you think these people feel when their future President calls their loved ones rapists without any shred of proof to back that accusation.

He never said "all" illegals are bad, in fact it was the opposite.  He said the illegals that can contribute to US he wants and he wants to legally getting into the country.  It's the bad one that he doesn't want.  Sure this has been spun out of context by many media sites but watch the full speech.

I find it funny how many on the left are upset with this idea.  Guess what, the majority of gun owners aren't bad either but you (the left) want stricter gun control laws?  How do you think these people feel when people call them and their loved ones murders?

Gun control laws help keep the firearms out of the hands of bad people

Better immigration laws help keep the bad people out of the country. 

Both make sense.

6 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

He never said "all" illegals are bad, in fact it was the opposite.  He said the illegals that can contribute to US he wants and he wants to legally getting into the country.  It's the bad one that he doesn't want.  Sure this has been spun out of context by many media sites but watch the full speech.

I find it funny how many on the left are upset with this idea.  Guess what, the majority of gun owners aren't bad either but you (the left) want stricter gun control laws?  How do you think these people feel when people call them and their loved ones murders?

Both make sense.

It reminds me of when Harper tried to make the niqab an issue. He knew full well that it was constitutional, but played on fear of Muslims and a a lack of understanding of the citizenship process. Trump knew exactly what he was doing. Dog whistles work for a reason.

2 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Both make sense.

He implied that the majority of them were bad. When you say things like (paraphrasing) "Mexico is sending their worst people", it doesn't exactly paint a pretty picture. In fact the stats say that illegal immigrants are less likely to commit violent crime than American citizens. Lets simply agree to disagree as we are veering off topic here.

Just now, Toews said:

He implied that the majority of them were bad. When you say things like (paraphrasing) "Mexico is sending their worst people", it doesn't exactly paint a pretty picture. In fact the stats say that illegal immigrants are less likely to commit violent crime than American citizens. Lets simply agree to disagree as we are veering off topic here.

But to get this straight.  You're upset with the way things got interpreted, but not against the policy of stricter border control?

24 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

But to get this straight.  You're upset with the way things got interpreted, but not against the policy of stricter border control?

Americans have troubles, or is it many Americans, or is it some Americans?  

2 hours ago, Toews said:

You will be waiting a long time. Your posts on pages 693-694 of the Election thread said as much, and it wasn't just me that interpreted your posts that way. The way you constantly dismiss the many incidents as 'attention seeking' says a lot about who you are. I have half a mind to block you forever so that I do not have to read any of your posts.

Don't you dare block me!!   hehe

Whatever...don't apologize.  I would be happy to apologize if I misquoted someone that blatantly.  I guess that speaks to who you are.

I want moderate Muslims to come to North America to enjoy our society.  It will not happen if flames of racism are fanned with unnecessary bleating. This incident was sensationalized  to promote what today's Democrats rely on to remain relevant... hatred and division.

3 hours ago, drsofthands said:

Nothing to do with trump, people have always been and will always be racist. Trump just a scapegoat

Trumps an enabler who's given the racists the feeling of legitimacy again. Hell, half his platform was built on racism and supported by misogyny and outright lies.

Now, is there that much of an increase in racism, or is it being sold a little by the media covering it more? I don't know, but I'm sure there's been an increase in open racism.

The funny part is Trump has already flipped on a number of things that were main phrases he parroted throughout the campaign and likely got him the support he needed to win. He's been complimentary of Clinton, refused to say he'd go after her with a special prosecutor, stuck with the cronyism and insider hirings, and I'm sure we'll see it continue. Maybe it'll have a Republican bent - even enough so to appease many of his supporters - but you can bet he won't live up to his promises of building a wall or putting 'Crooked Hillary' in jail.

In the meantime, he won't denounce the racism he supported during his campaign or anything else he was faulted for and it'll continue unabated. It's a step back for humanity.

54 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I am not upset about anything actually. I have a problem with Donald Trump and the way he chose to get the message across. As Saul pointed out it was an obvious dog whistle attempt at getting certain voters on his side. It was also a ploy to sensationalize an issue and get the media to cover his statements. There have been many Republicans who have suggested stricter border control who I do not have a problem with.

I value intelligent discourse on immigration reform and solving the problem of illegal immigration. Donald Trump was not interested in doing that though.

35 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

Don't you dare block me!!   hehe

Whatever...don't apologize.  I would be happy to apologize if I misquoted someone that blatantly.  I guess that speaks to who you are.

I want moderate Muslims to come to North America to enjoy our society.  It will not happen if flames of racism are fanned with unnecessary bleating. This incident was sensationalized  to fuel hatred and division, the things Democrats rely on to remain relevant.

You denied that racism was occurring and you continue to deny it. When you were asked for a reason why you were so confident that all this wasn't really happening, you cited your own personal experiences. You deserve no apology. Nowhere have you been misquoted.

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

When in junior high, a very bad boy made a puppet to look like his math teacher (a younger blond female) and he hanged said puppet in effigy from the cord of the pull down screen.  Is what this student wrote about the teacher's faith, or about a kid being an idiot?

Was just going to say:

media is still needs to add race to news title.

i watched a student punch out my vice principal...............in 1991!!:o

it didn't make the news.

the principal happened to be white.  The student happened to be black.  

Stupid kids are stupid kids.

2 hours ago, Toews said:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/11/12/post-election-spate-hate-crimes-worse-than-post-911-experts-say/93681294/

There has been an increase of such incidents since Trump won. Make no mistake many of these incidents are inspired from Trump's win.

The media portraying trump as the root of evil?!?!?!?

no way!

57 minutes ago, Toews said:

I am not upset about anything actually. I have a problem with Donald Trump and the way he chose to get the message across. As Saul pointed out it was an obvious dog whistle attempt at getting certain voters on his side. It was also a ploy to sensationalize an issue and get the media to cover his statements. There have been many Republicans who have suggested stricter border control who I do not have a problem with.

I value intelligent discourse on immigration reform and solving the problem of illegal immigration. Donald Trump was not interested in doing that though.

That may be, but that's what politician do. But a lot of people were able to see the good policies for what it really were and that's why trump got over 19% of the latino vote.

3 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

If this was the first story to ever come out than maybe you have a point, but the fact that stories like this have existed long before trump shows that it really has nothing to do with him. 

I'm kind with Clam on this. Why did this have to reach news outlets.  Why did the teacher have to involve trump.  All it accomplishes is segregation to a greater audience, it would seem there is a great motive behind reports like this.

Growing up i had a (native) classmate accuse the (white) teacher for being racist for giving him a bad mark on an assignment he didn't even do,  He then told the teacher he was going to kill her dog.  That didn't reach media, the school handled it in house.  And good thing because had it reached media, all it would have done would portray a bad and unfair image among native students. One bad kid shouldn't encourage a stereotype of others. just like this article is trying to do towards anyone that supported trump. 

If you truly believe that Trump's victory did NOT empower anything, you are living under a rock.

4 hours ago, Toews said:

clam believes that racism doesn't exist because he hasn't experienced it first hand. I am not even exaggerating, he literally said that.

Let me get this straight...a month ago you apologize to me and ask for a truce....I humbly agree and apologize for my part in all of it... now you blatantly troll me. Bring a quote here to back up this statement or be quiet, since you are now above apologizing.

Archived