The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Muslim Teacher Told "Go Hang Yourself"

nucklehead

6 hours ago, drsofthands said:

Nothing to do with trump, people have always been and will always be racist. Trump just a scapegoat

Fully agree.  If anything, Trump is pulling a 180 right now based on his comments aftet winning.

Back in 98 Trump was asked if he were to run, which party would he represent.  He said: " I would run as a Republican.  Because they have the dumbest supporters and will believe anything".

8 minutes ago, JV77 said:

Fully agree.  If anything, Trump is pulling a 180 right now based on his comments aftet winning.

Back in 98 Trump was asked if he were to run, which party would he represent.  He said: " I would run as a Republican.  Because they have the dumbest supporters and will believe anything".

People need to stop using that quote.  Snopes and many other websites have shown it is just a fake internet meme.

There is no record of him ever saying those words.

11 minutes ago, JV77 said:

You do realize that was a made up meme.  Might want to check your facts before quoting facebook or instagram posts.  Amy Schumer even quoted it only to put a quick splurb at the very end of her blog that it was made up.

3 hours ago, Toews said:

This is entirely debatable as a book written hundreds of years ago can be interpreted in many different ways today.

No way, Muslims would actually use that as an argument on the reliability of the Bible today. In fact they would actually boast the fact that the Qu'ran they read today is so much, much more than the Bible in its original text, as the Qu'ran hundreds of years ago. 

so how is the Qu'rans interpretation hundreds of years ago less accurate than how it is interpreted today? considering the ISIS is pretty much doing what Believers of the Islam hundreds of years ago.

14 minutes ago, JV77 said:

4 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

People need to stop using that quote.  Snopes and many other websites have shown it is just a fake internet meme.

There is no record of him ever saying those words.

Absolutely.

Don't believe everything your read. Our brain deserves better.

1 hour ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

That's all my point was..

Your point is that articles like these have ulterior, political motives AND that we should not place much value on them.  What I'm saying is that every piece of information, especially news, is curated and should be viewed with skepticism and criticism.  What I will not do is ignore it.

1 hour ago, BlackBeard said:

No way, Muslims would actually use that as an argument on the reliability of the Bible today. In fact they would actually boast the fact that the Qu'ran they read today is so much, much more than the Bible in its original text, as the Qu'ran hundreds of years ago. 

so how is the Qu'rans interpretation hundreds of years ago less accurate than how it is interpreted today? considering the ISIS is pretty much doing what Believers of the Islam hundreds of years ago.

This is like trying to say that Christians read the Bible the same way they did 300 years ago.  That all Christians interpret the Bible in the exact same way.  Also, the Qur'an is recited, not read.

When trying to understand the rise of the Muslim Brotherhood, or understanding the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, or the revolution of Ayatollah Khomeini's Iranian Republic... when trying to understand the relatively recent emergence of Islamism... one would require a much further understanding of the Middle East than what you are displaying right now.  Great thinkers such as al-Afghani, Abduh, or people like Sayyid Qutb are not ancient figures.  Ottomanism failed.  Islamic modernity and pan-Islamism couldn't overcome the sectarianism within the wider Muslim community.  Secularism led to military dictatorships and the Arab Spring.  The democracy experiment is under constant threat against a poor economy and military upheaval.

To put this simply... I don't think you know anything about the modern history of Islam or the Qur'an.  1.6 billion people practice Islam, and for all their differences, I can bet every single one of them would unite together and call you a fool.

23 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Your point is that articles like these have ulterior, political motives AND that we should not place much value on them.  What I'm saying is that every piece of information, especially news, is curated and should be viewed with skepticism and criticism.  What I will not do is ignore it.

Thank you for telling me how I think. I needed that. 

1 hour ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

To put this simply... I don't think you know anything about the modern history of Islam or the Qur'an.  1.6 billion people practice Islam, and for all their differences, I can bet every single one of them would unite together and call you a fool.

1.6 billion hypocrites, if they practice Islam,  they're not doing 70% of it. Somehow keeping their mouths shut about ISIS seems enough for them

9 minutes ago, BlackBeard said:

1.6 billion hypocrites, if they practice Islam,  they're not doing 70% of it. Somehow keeping their mouths shut about ISIS seems enough for them

A 2 second search on bing "muslims condemn ISIS" showed 620,000 sites/references. That using Bing, not google or dozens of other searches. While all those  won't actually be muslims condemning ISIS many or most will be.

TL/DR

They do speak up against ISIS- you just aren't listening.

8 hours ago, inane said:

lol you're a hot mess

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about you.  Credit for speaking up though,   Listen....

Sensationalizing minor incidents is a political tactic used by the liberal media to promote further discord.  As long as there are racial incidents in the news, we need swooning Democrats to make things right...don't we?  Instead of abandoning this now failed strategy, it seems the left wants double down. Good luck with that.  Eight years of Trump coming up.

When Alf  hung the effigy of his cute blonde teacher in the classroom seventy years ago,  I bet it didn't make the national news, did it @Alflives?  lol

8 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about you.  Credit for speaking up though,   Listen....

Whiners like this woman do nothing to promote tolerance.  Sensationalizing minor incidents is a political tactic used by the liberal media to promote further discord.  As long as there are racial incidents in the news, we need swooning Democrats to make things right...don't we?  Instead of abandoning this now failed strategy, it seems the left wants double down. Good luck with that.  Eight years of Trump coming up.

When Alf  hung the effigy of his cute blonde teacher in the classroom seventy years ago,  I bet it didn't make the national news, did it @Alflives?  lol

She was kind of cute:)

sometimes young boys just want some sugar time;)

13 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

Whiners like this woman do nothing to promote tolerance.  Sensationalizing minor incidents is a political tactic used by the liberal media to promote further discord.  As long as there are racial incidents in the news, we need swooning Democrats to make things right...don't we?  Instead of abandoning this now failed strategy, it seems the left wants double down. Good luck with that.  Eight years of Trump coming up.

Did you seriously, with a straight face and not a hint of trolling,  just infer that this woman is a 'whiner' because she complained about overt racism/bigotry directed against herself????? Is she supposed to 'promote tolerance' by ignoring it? By sweeping it under the rug as 'children will be children'? People need to be held accountable for their behavior and overt racism/bigotry is unacceptable. Subtle racism/bigotry is unacceptable. ANY racism/bigotry is unacceptable. And if it's not talked about and condemned and punished, then tacit approval is being given for it to continue if there are no repercussions for it. 

I'm rather made speechless by your bolded comment, actually.... I truly thought better of you and had respect for some of your viewpoints even though we have vehemently disagreed with each other on various assorted points and philosophies over our time on CDC :(

2 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Did you seriously, with a straight face and not a hint of trolling,  just infer that this woman is a 'whiner' because she complained about overt racism/bigotry directed against herself????? Is she supposed to 'promote tolerance' by ignoring it? By sweeping it under the rug as 'children will be children'? People need to be held accountable for their behavior and overt racism/bigotry is unacceptable. Subtle racism/bigotry is unacceptable. ANY racism/bigotry is unacceptable. And if it's not talked about and condemned and punished, then tacit approval is being given for it to continue if there are no repercussions for it. 

I'm rather speechless by your bolded comment, actually.... I thought better of you.

You may be right.  If she sought media coverage I stand by the comment.  If the media came to her i rescind the criticism of her and let it be solely on the media.  Of course the perpetrator of the act should be sought out and punished accordingly.

4 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

I'm rather made speechless by your bolded comment, actually.... I truly thought better of you and had respect for some of your viewpoints even though we have vehemently disagreed with each other on various assorted points and philosophies over our time on CDC :(

Cerridwen, sometimes boys do things simply to get attention.  Maybe this teacher is really cute?  Maybe there is a really cute girl in the boy's he's trying to gain attention from.  Sure it's ignorance that guided the boy, but boys are ignorant about a lot of things in JR. High, especially girls.  Maybe it's my Canadian softness, but I just don't see a big deal here?

11 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Well I hope you feel a little better now?

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Cerridwen, sometimes boys do things simply to get attention.  Maybe this teacher is really cute?  Maybe there is a really cute girl in the boy's he's trying to gain attention from.  Sure it's ignorance that guided the boy, but boys are ignorant about a lot of things in JR. High, especially girls.  Maybe it's my Canadian softness, but I just don't see a big deal here?

Alf, my dear furry one ..... do you REALLY see nothing wrong or 'big deal' with a comment like that being left for a teacher? A comment that is offensive in every way even with the racism/bigotry set aside? This is far more than just trying to 'get attention'. Who cares if the teacher is cute or ugly as 4 bags of dirt....the comment/note is STILL unacceptable. And if, (and that's a might big "IF")  he was going for a girl's attention, he needs his chain yanked up short and needs to be educated on what is acceptable behavior and what isn't. What is threatening behavior and isn't. What is racist behavior and what isn't. This is unacceptable behavior no matter how you slice it*

*Even really thin with a helping of horseradish on the side

47 minutes ago, BlackBeard said:

So basically you don't recognize a single term I mentioned in that post.  How one can even pretend to talk about Islamism without reading the works of al-Afghani or Qutb is beyond me.  Hit the books and stop being a forum idiot.

Archived