The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Muslim Teacher Told "Go Hang Yourself"

nucklehead

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

Incidents proven to be fabricated or a hoax DO NOT negate those that are true. I agree, if this particular incident turns out to be fake, then shame on whoever perpetrated it. More info and investigation is warranted. But I believe the majority of those commenting are doing so on the premise of true til proven not true.

4 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Alf, my dear furry one ..... do you REALLY see nothing wrong or 'big deal' with a comment like that being left for a teacher? A comment that is offensive in every way even with the racism/bigotry set aside? This is far more than just trying to 'get attention'. Who cares if the teacher is cute or ugly as 4 bags of dirt....the comment/note is STILL unacceptable. And if, (and that's a might big "IF")  he was going for a girl's attention, he needs his chain yanked up short and needs to be educated on what is acceptable behavior and what isn't. What is threatening behavior and isn't. What is racist behavior and what isn't. This is unacceptable behavior no matter how you slice it*

*Even really thin with a helping of horseradish on the side

I see a key word in your answer - educated.  "Ignorance is [not] freedom",  as Orwell teaches us in his allegory: 1984

i think a previous poster said courses in world religions should begin at the early grades.  I think there should be courses in understanding the other sex too.  I'm a long married old man and I'm still lost on that topic. :towel: 

7 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Incidents proven to be fabricated or a hoax DO NOT negate those that are true. I agree, if this particular incident turns out to be fake, then shame on whoever perpetrated it. More info and investigation is warranted. But I believe the majority of those commenting are doing so on the premise of true til proven not true.

Of course it does not negate actual incidents, but I believe in innocent until proven guilty.

Peoples lives can be destroyed when they are falsely accused.

9 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Of course it does not negate actual incidents, but I believe in innocent until proven guilty.

Peoples lives can be destroyed when they are falsely accused.

I wasn't aware anyone has been falsely accused in this incident as no perpetrator has yet been found. Also true is falsely accusing the woman who received the note as a liar and having made it up. False accusations go both ways. So in this case....as nobody has yet been identified as the one who left the note, the teacher is also allowed the presumption of innocence, no?

I absolutely agree with you......lives have been ruined and destroyed by false accusations. Let's hope that's not where this goes. On either side.

5 hours ago, Jägermeister said:

People need to stop using that quote.  Snopes and many other websites have shown it is just a fake internet meme.

There is no record of him ever saying those words.

I saw the video clip CNN showed...

10 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I think some things aren't worth reporting, the goal isn't to reporting the news, the goal is create hate.  The media and news outlets aren't worth watching in the first place unless you enjoy being depressed and terrified. 

What good does this report do to the public?  It can be handled in house and dealt with.  Had the teacher been white and the kid been white and it was just a bad kid who simply hated his teacher how much attention would this report get.  It that situation not just as important for the public to be aware of?  

Again both sides are at fault.  If a shooting happens the color of the person skin is always one of the first things stated, even if it has nothing to do with race or religion.

Why does media pick and choose how and what to report, don't find it funny that they stories always tend to lean towards the real agenda? The agenda of spreading hate and making people hate each other for differences. 

The media knows that reporting suicides can effect the number of suicides that happen, so why is not the same here? I agree, this would never make the news if Hillary won and could just as easily have happened...

If a kid is willing to do something like this then there are a lot more problems with youth these days then just "Trump is president"... scape goating him is going to cause a lot more harm by ignoring whats really going on with these people

2 hours ago, JV77 said:

I saw the video clip CNN showed...

No you didn't...

It literally never happened.

My source?  CNN.  

Snopes, that mythbusting site, looked into this when it first started doing the rounds in October. That's October 2015!
Trump appeared pretty regularly in People Magazine in those days. But Snopes combed through their voluminous archives and couldn't find a single interview where he said that.
So when you see this meme, know that it won't be a helpful counterpoint during the Thanksgiving political debates you'll have with your family.

You're probably misremembering something else you saw.

But hey, if you can find this video clip I'll gladly eat crow.  But the clip doesn't exist.

On 11/18/2016 at 2:46 AM, clam linguine said:

Let me get this straight...a month ago you apologize to me and ask for a truce....I humbly agree and apologize for my part in all of it... now you blatantly troll me. Bring a quote here to back up this statement or be quiet, since you are now above apologizing.

I apologized because I was tired of having a pissing contest. I disagreed with your opinions but until then there was nothing so egregious that I thought we couldn't mend fences over. I was wrong for apologizing though as my initial impression of you was correct. This is our entire conversation

On 11/15/2016 at 10:50 AM, clam linguine said:

Regular folk don't call people names....they get called names.  They're used to it, and are done trying to appease shrill progressives.  That's what the graphic is about.

This racial name calling you refer to doesn't happen...so the beat down fantasy is not happening for ya...sorry.

Denying that racism occurs. My reply to that was:

On 11/16/2016 at 2:03 AM, Toews said:

The fact is there are a lot of those people who voted for Donald Trump on November 8th who deserve those labels because that's what they are. They are also the ones harassing minorities because they think the world is their own safe space. They are emboldened by Trump's win and seem to think the people they are oppressing cannot fight back. It just takes one racist though to mess with the wrong guy and to be made an example of and then the rest of them will crawl back into their holes because more often than not these people are cowards.

Also denying that its happening is undermining the experiences of those who have become victims of this hatred. There are numerous stories out there of hate crimes being committed in the United States . If you are implying that they are all liars and just trying to get attention then please do say so, I can add you to my ignore list.

You followed up with this. I removed the video because I didn't care to watch it. I was interested in your words not someone else's.

On 11/16/2016 at 4:48 AM, clam linguine said:

I can only speak of my own experience. I have not personally experienced racism since 1976 when I knew a well heeled older "gent"  who believed seven Jews controlled the world and thought blacks were a lower form of humanity.  This 20 second clip from Doug Stanhope explains why I think I am an expert on the subject.

I am in the room....I haven't heard racism....I am starting to hear some frustration...since BLM.

I'd like to know if you have any personal experiences with racism.

There you are citing your own personal experiences with racism as justification for your opinion that racism does not occur. Still I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt that you were just naive and I could get you to see how illogical your opinion was .

On 11/16/2016 at 5:20 AM, clam linguine said:

Half the population supports Trump.  They are the people I associate with every day.

Now here you are saying that half the population supports Trump (another false assertion). You again cite your own personal experience dealing with Trump followers. I that point I gave up, I realized that I was arguing with someone whose opinion was so slanted that it was a waste of time continuing any further. Rupert though followed up on that with this...

On 11/16/2016 at 5:23 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

So, are you saying that because you don't associate with racists, that there aren't racists who support Trump?

After which you posted this gem...

On 11/16/2016 at 6:24 AM, clam linguine said:

I wonder if there are racists anywhere.  I never see acts of racism...is it just a political bogeyman.   I am asking if anyone personally sees these acts of racism.  I constantly see acts of pandering to minorities.

A guy became a celebrity a few months for being called the N word on film. In a subsequent radio interview he came prepared with another example of racism that he had experienced.  He explained that his mom had to remind him of the time back in elementary school that a teacher came to school with a black face on Halloween.  That was the worst example of racism he could come up with.    I wish my life had been so easy.

You have zero understanding of racism or the negative impact it can have on those affected by it. You choose instead to call people you have never met liars or attention seekers for sharing their worst moments with the world.

Also "black face" which you seem to think as not worthy of giving much thought is offensive to black people. It was often used in movies and dramas to ridicule and humiliate blacks as being stupid or crazy. I would have reported you a while back for trolling if I didn't believe that you are really this ignorant about race issues.

Here is a tip though in case you are actually around someone who claims to have been a victim on anything, believe them. Yes that's right, give them the benefit of the doubt, until they give you a reason to doubt their story. There is nothing worse than calling an actual victim a liar because of any preconceived notions you might have. With that said, I am done with you. I have a limit on the amount of ignorance I can tolerate before walking away. I have blocked you because I do not wish to see you double down on this nonsense anymore. It legitimately angers me when I see people call others liars or attention seekers without knowing anything about them or without a shred of proof to support this accusation.

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 5:46 PM, Alflives said:

I see a key word in your answer - educated.  "Ignorance is [not] freedom",  as Orwell teaches us in his allegory: 1984

i think a previous poster said courses in world religions should begin at the early grades.  I think there should be courses in understanding the other sex too.  I'm a long married old man and I'm still lost on that topic. :towel: 

according to Carlin, it's easy.

Women are crazy and men are stupid. And the reason women are crazy is because men are stupid.

3 hours ago, Toews said:

Here is a tip though in case you are actually around someone who claims to have been a victim on anything, believe them. Yes that's right, give them the benefit of the doubt, until they give you a reason to doubt their story. There is nothing worse than calling an actual victim a liar because of any preconceived notions you might have. With that said, I am done with you. I have a limit on the amount of ignorance I can tolerate before walking away. I have blocked you because I do not wish to see you double down on this nonsense anymore. It legitimately angers me when I see people call others liars or attention seekers without knowing anything about them or without a shred of proof to support this accusation.

Toews, please help me.

I was racially profiled and ridiculed by the movie, White Men cant jump.

When I was parting on a rez, I was called whitey.

When I was in Richmond, I couldn't read the sings and felt oppressed and unwelcome.

etc etc

I'm obviously being facetious, but you've a clear bent on white on x racism. So since, you're handing out tips on racism, as apparent SJW, how about you add affirmative action and any other reverse-racism to your white knight campaign and represent me and the middle-aged white guys who are systematically targeted as a demographic for political gain by Liberal ideology in the West? That is the only government led racism that anyone here could find, in Policy and print.

Just curious, because of your apparent passion, what is your age, gender and ethnicity so I can better understand where you are coming from?

30 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Toews, please help me.

I was racially profiled and ridiculed by the movie, White Men cant jump.

When I was parting on a rez, I was called whitey.

When I was in Richmond, I couldn't read the sings and felt oppressed and unwelcome.

etc etc

I'm obviously being facetious, but you've a clear bent on white on x racism. So since, you're handing out tips on racism, as apparent SJW, how about you add affirmative action and any other reverse-racism to your white knight campaign and represent me and the middle-aged white guys who are systematically targeted as a demographic for political gain by Liberal ideology in the West? That is the only government led racism that anyone here could find, in Policy and print.

Just curious, because of your apparent passion, what is your age, gender and ethnicity so I can better understand where you are coming from?

Image result for triggered meme

7 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

That was a bad hair day for me. Not fair.

I am not very good at photoshop or I would have added some frothing around the mouth as well. I am curious why you wanted to know my race to understand "where I am coming from".

11 minutes ago, Toews said:

I am not very good at photoshop or I would have added some frothing around the mouth as well. I am curious why you wanted to know my race to understand "where I am coming from".

Fair enough. You appear to only cite represent racism of White on X. Are you biased, prejudiced and thus discriminatory? I'd like to think not.

Is this because you have no experiences of racism against you, similar to mine, as a 42 year-old white guy?

Sweeping generalizations aside, knowing your demographic helps me better understand your views, hence why I openly offer mine. This is not a trick question.

15 hours ago, Toews said:

I apologized because I was tired of having a pissing contest. I disagreed with your opinions but until then there was nothing so egregious that I thought we couldn't mend fences over. I was wrong for apologizing though as my initial impression of you was correct. This is our entire conversation

You followed up with this. I removed the video because I didn't care to watch it. I was interested in your words not someone else's.

There you are citing your own personal experiences with racism as justification for your opinion that racism does not occur. Still I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt that you were just naive and I could get you to see how illogical your opinion was .

Now here you are saying that half the population supports Trump (another false assertion). You again cite your own personal experience dealing with Trump followers. I that point I gave up, I realized that I was arguing with someone whose opinion was so slanted that it was a waste of time continuing any further. Rupert though followed up on that with this...

After which you posted this gem...

You have zero understanding of racism or the negative impact it can have on those affected by it. You choose instead to call people you have never met liars or attention seekers for sharing their worst moments with the world.

Also "black face" which you seem to think as not worthy of giving much thought is offensive to black people. It was often used in movies and dramas to ridicule and humiliate blacks as being stupid or crazy. I would have reported you a while back for trolling if I didn't believe that you are really this ignorant about race issues.

I know you mean well Jon and I regret that you find my views so frustrating.    I hope that with Trump,  focus will be put onto things that unite society (greed), instead of things that divide us .

19 minutes ago, The Weasel said:

If/when there's a terrorist attack in the USA, the hatred is going to reach a peak with trump as prez. 

Yes, but to blame Trump, perhaps the first ever anti-politician, politician, for the global race-baiting multicultural campaign backlash is so pathetically ignorant. The Media has programmed the masses, not Trump.

And damn it, I don't even support the guy, I'm a free agent, screw Trump and that scumbag, wretched running mate of his, Clinton, a politician if there ever was one.

Archived