Next years lineup:

Sedins eriksson 

Baertschi horvat boeser

Rodin patrick Hansen 

Burrows Sutter gaunce 

Edler stecher

Hutton tanev 

Tryamkin subban

After watching this game tonight, I was thinking what will the Coyotes get for Vrbata at the deadline ? Canucks fans already seem sour he is producing in Arizona now that he is out of Vancouver. How much more would it tick off Vancouver fans to see the Coyotes move him to a contender for a 2nd or something decent lol ?

There will be no tanking, professional organizations don't do this. Be nice if people realized this.

That being said, I could see Miller going to shore up a team's goaltending.

Burrows for all he has given i'd expect management to throw him a bone and approach him to discuss possible options to move him to a better scenario.

Lower them expectations mate. 

Miller is likely the only guy capable of landing anything above the 3rd round. 

Sbisa is probably being fitted for a Desert Knight sweater. 

Other than that, we have no TDL pick potential, its going to be all quiet most likely. Best chance is moving Miller to DAL unless Niemi finds his game again. 

We just don't have the guys for a pick bonanza this year. 

2 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

After watching this game tonight, I was thinking what will the Coyotes get for Vrbata at the deadline ? Canucks fans already seem sour he is producing in Arizona now that he is out of Vancouver. How much more would it tick off Vancouver fans to see the Coyotes move him to a contender for a 2nd or something decent lol ?

I bet they do

Miller and Burrows (if he keeps looking as good as he has lately) would be able to get us something back. Depending on what happens with other goalies on the market right now of course. Halak, Hammond, Bishop, etc are all on the block so it depends if teams fill a goalie need with them.

I expect we will see no one moved at the deadline though.

I think it makes too much sense not to trade Tanev at this point. We need to open up a spot on our back end and there would definitely be a bidding war for his services, which would likely start at a top forward prospect and a first round pick. As long as Tanev is healthy, I have no doubts that he would fetch that from a contender. He's the kind of player that could put a team over the top and the kind of defenseman every team would love to have come playoff time. 

PS - how is this seriously being talked about mid Nov? 

Can anyone remember the last time we actually cashed in a UFA for futures? Seriously, I can't remember. I imagine we will either let everyone walk or buy. History repeats itself and I don't see why we would ever start selling players at the deadline. With how bad the west is, watch us be within 5 points. Those 2nds will be burning a hole in his pocket. 

29 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

I think it makes too much sense not to trade Tanev at this point. We need to open up a spot on our back end and there would definitely be a bidding war for his services, which would likely start at a top forward prospect and a first round pick. As long as Tanev is healthy, I have no doubts that he would fetch that from a contender. He's the kind of player that could put a team over the top and the kind of defenseman every team would love to have come playoff time. 

PS - how is this seriously being talked about mid Nov? 

Yea Tanev would definetly be the best player on the market. Now here's an interesting scenario: what if say, Chicago came calling and offered a package including Schmaltz for Tanev? He's a guy that would put their defense over the top. 

6 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Depends on two things. Did he get another limited ntc? If so will he give another bogus list of teams he knows won't be interested? If the answer is yes to both Arizona will exactly what we got - nothing.

7 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

No no one is trading for Vrbrata at the deadline. He is the epitome of a regular season player. One playoffs in what, his last ten and he choked. What he did in Van last season shows his character. The Coyotes had him back and will likely keep him. Any other team trying to bolster their line up for the post season would be foolish to part with any assets to get Vrbrata.  He is not the guy you go to war with. 

EW

Archived