The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Coyotes @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Am I the only one who like Chaput better than Skille?

Chaput right now is playing like Skille did to originally earn his contract in preseason. It's too bad Skille fell off when the season started, but he does have enough speed to create some open ice for himself and his linemates, just not enough skill to do something with that space %100 of the time. I'd just like to see him grind hard and put pucks on the net. 

5 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2 OUT OF 3. (we're still terrible)

Tryamkin looked great out there! Hutton with some redemption from struggles as of late. Sutter also had a strong game. 

The D was pretty good overall. Nice to see Hutton get the game winner, but Edler was very good tonight and I agree that Tryamkin continues to improve and looked good tonight. Stecher was good again and Sbisa was okay. I would like to see better play from Guddy, but he was okay.

And Marky had a good comeback game.

We just need more from our forwards (obviously). If we have to rely so much on the Sedins the season will be a struggle. Sutter of course had a good night but part of that is playing with the Sedins. He is a good fit. The Sedins are still very skilled but are slow. Sutter gets back on defence quickly, goes to the net and fights for the puck on the forecheck.

The guy who is MIA is Eriksson. And Baertschi continues to grip his stick too hard.

5 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Not at all, I haven't figured out what Skille brings to the team.

Chaput has been miles better than Gaunce and Skille was invisible for the whole season until the last two games.  He seems to have gotten his legs.  Drives to the net hard, dangled a couple more tonight, even made a decent pass.  Still a stop gap player, but he is looking better.

Just now, LM11 said:

Exactly.  People get so defensive about criticizing a beloved member of the team.  The kid is going through something and all people wanna do is blame others.

Hutton is going to be just fine. People forget all the Jovo mistakes back in the day... it takes a few years for these guys to put it all together. 

That's what makes Juolevi so special - he's already got the poise and positioning down and just needs some size. Our D is going to be fantastic 2 seasons from now. 

1 minute ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

Chaput has been miles better than Gaunce and Skille was invisible for the whole season until the last two games.  He seems to have gotten his legs.  Drives to the net hard, dangled a couple more tonight, even made a decent pass.  Still a stop gap player, but he is looking better.

Gaunce has been pretty good, he's tough on the boards. hits and is good at digging the puck out but he needs a someone with even a remote sense of where the net is as a line mate if he is ever going to get any points. 

But yes, Chaput has looked good..

3 minutes ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

Lots of chances, entertaining game. We seem to be skating much better at home here. Like what Burrows is doing. 

Sometime this month I would like to see Bear and Lou score together in a game.

Burrows has completely turned around the Horvat line.  It's is awesome to see him at 35 earn his way up the lineup again.  Looks like the old Burrows.  I wouldn't mind him taking a shift with the Sedins.

Sven and Louie should be on the same line.  They are high end skill guys, so they should figure out their problems together.

Guys on the radio, callin Tram a "revelation".they seem awesomely-impressed. Whatta' bonus, to have this smooth gargantuan, who apparently(haven't seen him enough yet, mostly 1040 for games) makes very few errors.

They suggested this:

Edler .. Stecher (only about 22 mins; less is more for Eds, & better for the kid too)

Tram .. Tanev (wouldn't this be a brilliant shut-down duo?)

Hutton .. Gudbranson (roll these 3 units, almost evenly)

Our depth on D(& solid 'tending), make a turnaround actually POSSIBLE. This kind of depth(Sbisa/Bulldog too), will be key to handle the travel/grind of a long season.

***LOL..17 games in. We've been leading for FORTY SEVEN MINUTES!!!***

4 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Hutton is going to be just fine. People forget all the Jovo mistakes back in the day... it takes a few years for these guys to put it all together. 

That's what makes Juolevi so special - he's already got the poise and positioning down and just needs some size. Our D is going to be fantastic 2 seasons from now. 

Totally agreed on Julovei.  I think Hutton is more Bieksa than Jovo.  With less physical play...they both are about the same in terms of speed, technical skills and their desire to shoot wristers over slappers.  He is definitely a better passer than Bieksa. 

1 minute ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

Burrows has completely turned around the Horvat line.  It's is awesome to see him at 35 earn his way up the lineup again.  Looks like the old Burrows.  I wouldn't mind him taking a shift with the Sedins.

Sven and Louie should be on the same line.  They are high end skill guys, so they should figure out their problems together.

Yea Burr looked slow to start the season, but lately after he has been getting some big minutes, heck scoring some big goals, digging pucks out and playing PK he is still valuable to the team. 

Do not know what it will take to get Sven and Lou going, both have had chances, Lou especially. So far their lack of scoring is our biggest concern right now

Archived