The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time Alex Grenier gets a shot

*Buzzsaw*

2 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Would love to see what he could do with the Sedins. Big body, young, fast, good defence, right handed shot.

This guy's finally hitting his prime and he's being sheltered down in Utica. Lets give him a chance. Megna got one. Chaput got one. Skille got one. Now it's Grenier's turn.

What's the point of playing these kids with the twins.  We need to see what this team can do without the twins.  

If he puts up burrows numbers with the twins it's still moot as the twins are in the Twilight of their careers.  

3 hours ago, Gooseberries said:

What's the point of playing these kids with the twins.  We need to see what this team can do without the twins.  

If he puts up burrows numbers with the twins it's still moot as the twins are in the Twilight of their careers.  

Trade bait? 

Now much as I realise that neither are our property I would love to see Archie and Valk get a shot. 

Archie seemed to go into his shell when AV picked him but he is older and wiser now (I hope)

Valk is just a guy I think is a fighter - despite his size. If we are looking at place fillers, why not Valk?

Just now, alfstonker said:

Now much as I realise that neither are our property I would love to see Archie and Valk get a shot. 

Archie seemed to go into his shell when AV picked him but he is older and wiser now (I hope)

Valk is just a guy I think is a fighter - despite his size. If we are looking at place fillers, why not Valk?

Did we give Valk a contract?  I thought he was only property of the Comets?  

4 hours ago, alfstonker said:

neither of these two guys have contracts not even 2 way contracts.the canucks could sign them and get them in this season like they did with zalewskil last year.valk needs one more year in the minors and then ride the pine for about 40 games in a row to see how he reacts.if he complains give the spot to skille.i don't think valk's a fighter,i'd like to see proof of that.archibald is.

45 minutes ago, gino#29 said:

neither of these two guys have contracts not even 2 way contracts.the canucks could sign them and get them in this season like they did with zalewskil last year.valk needs one more year in the minors and then ride the pine for about 40 games in a row to see how he reacts.if he complains give the spot to skille.i don't think valk's a fighter,i'd like to see proof of that.archibald is.

Archibald had a few looks up here.  I wasn't impressed. Basically another Grenier.

but I love valks game from what I've seen.

It's like clockwork around here. "We should call up *insert random players name* to see what they can do!" What most don't realize is there's a reason these guys haven't been called up yet or in Grenier's case haven't been called back up. Some have skating issues, some have defensive issues, some have conditioning issues and some have hockey IQ issues. You can't just pick a player who's putting up points in other leagues and insert them into the line up. They have to fit with the team, they have to be ready for the NHL and most importantly there has to be a spot open.

11 hours ago, gino#29 said:

Sorry I didn't mean it in the literal sense gino, I was meaning he has a high compete level from what I've seen.

Archived