The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Chicago Blackhawks vs. Vancouver Canucks | November 19th | 7PM | CBC | A Game of Nucks and Hawks Edition

AlwaysACanuckFan

7 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Chaput? 

I bought a 40 of crown and 8 Bud for this game. I'll need it.

Well there's a solid chance you won't remember the game.

Looking like you'll win regardless of the score!

Last season I started playing a game against my fridge, the game would usually start with the fridge ahead by about 12beers, yet I went undefeated, usually won by at least 4. Pretty sure I challenged @Green Building to a round and we were both victorious.

9 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Last season I started playing a game against my fridge, the game would usually start with the fridge ahead by about 12beers, yet I went undefeated, usually won by at least 4. Pretty sure I challenged @Green Building to a round and we were both victorious.

That's a great idea. I love it.

2 hours ago, robvp said:

Gaunce > Chaput

In what way?  Because he was a first round pick?  There is nothing in terms of their play on the ice that would justify that.  Chaput deserves this chance.  He has played really well for a 4th line AHL callup.  The 2nd and 3rd lines are interchangeable to people getting all upset about him being the 2nd line center are just hating on poor ole Willie.  I think he is going to get lucky with this move.

1 hour ago, Salacious Crumb said:

I would like to see Tryamkin hip check Keith hard.

I would like to see the Tryamkin Train run him over. Can't stop the train no matter how hard you try. If you're in it's path you're screwed.

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

Anytime you want to go just say the word. I quit my job (where I worked for 6 years) this afternoon so I don't need extra motivation to unwind. Or wind up. Or both. Either way it's time for a fresh start, and a fresh start begins with a trip to the fridge. I'm already up 3-0 and we are barely done the gameday skate. 

Daniel-Henrik-Sutter and Baertschi-Horvat-Burrows have been working lately so putting Chaput on that line was the best way to keep the lines intact. I don't normally like many of WD's line choices (such as repeatedly putting Dorsett with Granlund and Eriksson) but I'm okay with this.

Chaput's being undersold here. He's posted a 59% CF while spending most of his time with Gaunce and Skille (short sample size, yes). Both those players have sub 50% Corsi playing without Chaput. He's not a long-term solution on that line, but he's done a good job of driving the play up the ice and should fine for a game or two. Also worth noting he's won 63% of his faceoffs.

Archived