The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Chicago Blackhawks vs. Vancouver Canucks | November 19th | 7PM | CBC | A Game of Nucks and Hawks Edition

AlwaysACanuckFan

1 hour ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

In what way?  Because he was a first round pick?  There is nothing in terms of their play on the ice that would justify that.  Chaput deserves this chance.  He has played really well for a 4th line AHL callup.  The 2nd and 3rd lines are interchangeable to people getting all upset about him being the 2nd line center are just hating on poor ole Willie.  I think he is going to get lucky with this move.

Career AHL stats:

Gaunce: GP = 120 -  Points = 67   PPG =  0.558

Chaput:  GP = 246 -  Points = 156 PPG =  0.634

And yet people seem to think Gaunce is a no-brainer to produce more offense at the NHL level.

CDC blinded by draft position again.

2 minutes ago, ‹(•¿•)› said:

Career AHL stats:

Gaunce: GP = 120 -  Points = 67   PPG =  0.558

Chaput:  GP = 246 -  Points = 156 PPG =  0.634

And yet people seem to think Gaunce is a no-brainer to produce more offense at the NHL level.

CDC blinded by draft position again.

CDC's blindness extends well beyond draft position.

And don't forget, it's all about that new playing with structure thing. Both Gaunce and Chaput have acceptable +/- stats, so they will stay.

Playing with structure might be a great thing, for me it looks just boring, tbh.

The Vancouver Strucnucks...

1 hour ago, Green Building said:

Anytime you want to go just say the word. I quit my job (where I worked for 6 years) this afternoon so I don't need extra motivation to unwind. Or wind up. Or both. Either way it's time for a fresh start, and a fresh start begins with a trip to the fridge. I'm already up 3-0 and we are barely done the gameday skate. 

That's rough GB, but from turd grows roses, good luck on the next chapter. I'll give you a game tonight, the fridge is up 10-2 at the moment, so looks like I gotta play some catch up.... gotta take the kids out for a bit though, you might have a solid head start on me.

36 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Do we lead the league in goals disallowed?

I hope so. It's nice to lead the league in something.

46 minutes ago, CaNuCkSLoUiE23 said:

Chaput has played really well since his call-up. Looking forward to see what he can do tonight. 

Slap in the face to Horvat. What has Chaput done that Horvat hasn't that deserves a promotion to the 2nd scoring line. 

1 minute ago, winthecup said:

Slap in the face to Horvat. What has Chaput done that Horvat hasn't that deserves a promotion to the 2nd scoring line. 

Horvat will play more than Chaput.  It's not a slap in the face.  The 2nd 3rd lines are in name only.  We don't have a 2nd line and everyone's knows that.

4 minutes ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

Horvat will play more than Chaput.  It's not a slap in the face.  The 2nd 3rd lines are in name only.  We don't have a 2nd line and everyone's knows that.

do you think that Baertschi and Burrows are more of a scoring threat than Granlund and Eriksson? 

why not try and have 2 legitimate scoring lines rather than 1 scoring line and 3 "checking" lines for the sake of "balance"? It hasnt been working, the Canucks are going to set a franchise record for least amount of goals scored at this pace. 

9 minutes ago, luckylager said:

That's rough GB, but from turd grows roses, good luck on the next chapter. I'll give you a game tonight, the fridge is up 10-2 at the moment, so looks like I gotta play some catch up.... gotta take the kids out for a bit though, you might have a solid head start on me.

That I will. Going to be chirping win or lose tonight I think. Walking away from it blows, but it was out of necessity. Thanks for the well wishes. 

9 minutes ago, winthecup said:

do you think that Baertschi and Burrows are more of a scoring threat than Granlund and Eriksson? 

why not try and have 2 legitimate scoring lines rather than 1 scoring line and 3 "checking" lines for the sake of "balance"? It hasnt been working, the Canucks are going to set a franchise record for least amount of goals scored at this pace. 

I like the idea of eriksson with horvat.  That being said, Burrows and Granlund have been the best of the 4 wingers so far, but it's a pretty big wash if you ask me.  Baertschi and Eriksson are the two most gifted of the 4.  But I don't think their is an obvious solution to this one.  

I would love to see

Baertschi-Chaput-Eriksson

Granlund-Horvat-Burrows

5 hours ago, apollo said:

Hope Tryamkin ends Keith's career tonight. Duncan shouldn't be playing hockey. We need less cheap shot artists in the game. 

Tram's unaware of the Keith - Canucks bad blood.  My money is on Edler throwing a huge hit on Keith.  Not so easy for a defenseman on defenseman hit though .... this would have been a perfect game for Jake to reassert himself with some timely hits.  Ah well.

Archived