The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks Recall F Joe Labate

aGENT

2 hours ago, J.R. said:

Pretty sure Megna will be going down.

Probably, but worth noting Chaput is approaching the 10 games played mark so he'd require waivers after having cleared earlier. Then again he probably clears anyway, but Chaput was also Utica's leading scorer and they could use his help as well.

18 minutes ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

Yeah, I like Labate.  I think Brashear is about as worthless a hockey player as I can think of.

Do the Kings have anyone on the team who is an AHL caliber tough guy?  Any giants that don't skate well?  Right, so calling up Pedan isn't the way to "win" against Toronto.  That's all I'm saying.  The Flyers example isn't extreme at all when you read some of the attitudes around here.

I think he's a bit under-rated tbh - scored about 10 goals a season for this team, and was a pretty good skater for a guy his size.

50 goals in approx 5 seasons in Vancouver - not that bad for a 4th liner playing limited minutes.

When it came to fighting, he was one of the best - could just pin a guy in place with his right and jackhammer away with his left.

55 minutes ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

Like Kassian....to do nothing of value.  Remember when we had Jovonovski, Cooke, Ruutu, and Bertuzzi, and it still wasn't a deterrent that protected the captain?  Remember how being a bunch of thin-skinned p****** led to the most negative episode in our history, derailing one of our best ever teams?  Yeah, it's all about being tough.  The trick is to actually be tough, not to load up on goofballs that will run around and get penalties.  The days of jumping Claude Lemiuex are long gone. 

Youre making stuff up.

did you watch la vs Anaheim last night?

your sarcasm around here doesn't make you right all the time.  

And you're avoiding everything I've said.  What you're trying to emphasize is the opposite of what I'm trying to say point wise.

51 minutes ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

Yeah, I like Labate.  I think Brashear is about as worthless a hockey player as I can think of.

Do the Kings have anyone on the team who is an AHL caliber tough guy?  Any giants that don't skate well?  Right, so calling up Pedan isn't the way to "win" against Toronto.  That's all I'm saying.  The Flyers example isn't extreme at all when you read some of the attitudes around here.

Saying "think" twice but still wrong.

21 minutes ago, dank.sinatra said:

Skille

Megna

Chabut 

Labate

Playoff teams have one those players in their lineup IF they're riddle by injuries. We have four and a pretty average injury list. 

I think you exaggerate tbh.

I'm looking at some contender 4th lines and they look like this:

Ducks  Garbutt, Wagner Boll.

Dallas:  Korpiskoski Shore Cracknell

San Jose:  Haley, O'Regan Wingels

Washington: Carey, Sanford, Winnik.

So without Hansen, Rodin, Dorsett, and with Virtanen assigned, three of those guys you name are in the lineup.

Chaput has been excellent, so your point where he is concerned is wanting.

Skille is a typical 13th forward.  Megna has had a few cups of coffee, Labate will get his shot.

Meh.

17 minutes ago, Green Goblin said:

Labate has some serious PWF potential. Can't wait to see what he has to offer. 

Who wants to wager on Labate scoring his first NHL goal in his first NHL game?

You'd get long odds on that bet, but when he's in the attacking zone, he'll either be going hard to the corners and camping himself in the crease. Hopefully he doesn't get called up to watch the game. I'd love to see him in the lineup for his 1st real NHL game.

20 minutes ago, dank.sinatra said:

Tell that to Jimbo

What do you honestly expect the GM to say? 

Pre season presser with Jim Benning of the Vancouver Canucks:

"You know... I expect us to finish bottom 5 this year. I just don't have any faith that our youth is going to progress at the same or better rate that our vets are declining, and night in night out inconsistencies on defense are going to lead to busy nights for our goalies where we'll end up racking up the losses. Playoffs are entirely out of the picture, and completely irrational."

41 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Youre making stuff up.

did you watch la vs Anaheim last night?

your sarcasm around here doesn't make you right all the time.  

And you're avoiding everything I've said.  What you're trying to emphasize is the opposite of what I'm trying to say point wise.

Sometimes I take entertainment  value out of that guy's tone! He loves getting under ppl's skin using Tony Gallagher's language...  but then Tony makes a lot of sense usually! 

Archived