The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks Recall F Joe Labate

aGENT

4 hours ago, DADDYROCK said:

Dollars to Donuts says Bettman and the NHL Cronies will be there for the Dec. 3 game.

Just to crucify the Canuck player who looks at a Toronto Player in the wrong tone of voice.

Kadri needs a good hammering in my opinion, for that cheap shot on Daniel.

If that had been Crosby the outcome would have been much different.Also that big goof jumping Stecher,come on man that was crap.

What a hero jumping a first year guy that is 4 inches shorter and at least 25 lbs lighter.NO CLASS TORONTO.

What's wrong with the Bigger Sedin taking care of the smaller Kadri himself? I'ma big Sedin fan but this is something they have always needed to do. Stick up for themselves sometimes. Yes they deserve way more protection over the years as well but sometimes you have to be a Man, no...

Alah Bure style...

Much better idea to bring Grenier up.

He is the most talented younger scoring forward in Utica right now, and the 4th line needs a scorer.  4th line is zero threat to score as stacked currently.

Grenier can play physical, he has the body to do so and has been more physical as of late in Utica.

Looking forward to seeing him play he looked good in the preseason

a tenacious   forechecker thats  plays on the edge and actually backs it. 

More  intersting to see how and if willie uses him. Might just be  they had to use there airmiles before the end of the month. 

58 minutes ago, hearditall said:

What's wrong with the Bigger Sedin taking care of the smaller Kadri himself? I'ma big Sedin fan but this is something they have always needed to do. Stick up for themselves sometimes. Yes they deserve way more protection over the years as well but sometimes you have to be a Man, no...

Alah Bure style...

I love Cherry's accent you can tell how much he hates Euro's. He really accentuates PA VEL!! LOL

WATCH HIM COMING ACROSS.... WHAMO!!!

58 minutes ago, hearditall said:

Alah Bure style...

I remember that hit like it was yesterday, the best Canuck team ever from the goaltender out!

8 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

I love Cherry's accent you can tell how much he hates Euro's. He really accentuates PA VEL!! LOL

His bigotry is a national embarrasment, you may or may not enjoy it but most dignified fans find it unacceptable. Pavel, Markus, Mattias, Hendrick, Daniel and other International stars have represented the Canucks, their country and the league with respect and proffesionalism.

3 hours ago, riffraff said:

I'm not interested in arguing with you as I agreed with you the win counts.  But I feel your avoiding my point.  

No.  Pedan doesn't stop Keith (although it is minutely possible) from that hit.  

but my point is:. Assuming those hits will happen, and I'll use the leafs game as an example, they were up 5-2.  Win in hand, and still flipped the goon switch.  Morgan Reilly on badger, kadri on sedin.  Absolutely no respect and willfully hitting to injure.  So why not at least have some sort of payback?

That's all I and many people are saying. If kadri throws a check like that, and I honestly think he doesn't if a pedan is in the ice, I'd rather see him swallow his own teeth than have a busted up ribs honey badger come to the rescue.

labate is no heavy but he's a hungry young guy with a mean streak that hits with purpose, can handle himself and is willing to stick up for the boys.  He also popped one or two in in preseason.  I look forward to him injecting some energy into this team.  It's obvious we need some.

Don't get me wrong, I want Martin injured.  I also wish they would have ran the Leafs a little more, but having a psycho that'll sucker punch someone and take a suspension just doesn't help or really work.  Having Torres turned out to be more bad than good.  The key is to actually be tough.  That's why I point to the Hawks.  They can take it, and not just because they'll score on the PP, but because they know that if it affects them they're worse off.  I think the problem, as it has been since 2011, is the overall fragility of the group.  I want our guys laying the body, but not running around in a reactionary way.  I really don't want suspensions.  But I definitely want teams to know that they'll feel it in the morning when the play the Nucks.  Labate was suspended and injured I think or we would have seen him already.  He's impressed me every time I've seen him.  I'm fine with fighting, just to be clear.  I really hope that Toronto leaves with a newfound respect.  So basically, I think we agree.

3 hours ago, oldnews said:

I think he's a bit under-rated tbh - scored about 10 goals a season for this team, and was a pretty good skater for a guy his size.

50 goals in approx 5 seasons in Vancouver - not that bad for a 4th liner playing limited minutes.

When it came to fighting, he was one of the best - could just pin a guy in place with his right and jackhammer away with his left.

It's true; I definitely over-stated the point.  Murray Baron is actually that player.  But still, players like Brashy were what was wrong with that team.

17 minutes ago, 6string said:

His bigotry is a national embarrasment, you may or may not enjoy it but most dignified fans find it unacceptable. Pavel, Markus, Mattias, Hendrick, Daniel and other International stars have represented the Canucks, their country and the league with respect and proffesionalism.

Oh please!!!...:sadno:

3 hours ago, riffraff said:

Youre making stuff up.

did you watch la vs Anaheim last night?

your sarcasm around here doesn't make you right all the time.  

And you're avoiding everything I've said.  What you're trying to emphasize is the opposite of what I'm trying to say point wise.

Fair enough...I'm not trying to troll you, and that's unusual for me.  I think I lost the thread somewhere.  Yes you need some big guys and you need to play big, but having Tryamkin on the squad didn't have the deterrent effect that many anticipated.  I don't know what winger you are imagining instead of Hansen, but I'm a bit skeptical that Kadri would have done any different.  The refs ushered him straight off the ice anyway.  I don't want to try to get a win here, I'm just ranting about the idea that a bunch of AHL tough guys is the answer.  But in this case, I do think that Labate is a legit prospect.  It may not be too hard to steal a spot in this lineup.  

I think that they need to focus on playing physical all the time and being mentally tough when a team gets running around.  That and having a good power play.  And a few guys that can throw them, but could have made the team regardless.  You mentioned LA and Anaheim, but I'm thinking of Chicago, Pittsburgh,  Montreal, New York.  I get that we're in the Pacific, but we can't compete with LA's size without making twenty moves.  We need to look at the speed and skill model.

Labatters up! 

Arguably our most exciting player in the pre-season, was hoping we would bring him up instead of signing Jack I got No Skille

With Dors and Honey Badger out, we desperately need some speed on the wings and get some pucks outta the corners. 

I suppose he can fight too, but he has the speed and battle to play our 3rd 4th lines. Hitting aint too shabby either

GCG! :towel::emot-parrot:

Archived