The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks Recall F Joe Labate

aGENT

1 hour ago, Ronning4center said:

Well, lets not get crazy.  Donald was a true massive heavy weight....Labate isn't nearly as big.  But he is a high energy crash and back guy which is going to be great to watch if any thing.  Dale weisse 2.0?

Like Skille, Labate does not seem to be much of a fighter.  But like Skille, he is willing to show up.  If he can play like he did in the preseason with energy, physicality, speed, and decent hands, and also stay disciplined, he'll earn his way onto the roster.

5 hours ago, Ronning4center said:

Well, lets not get crazy.  Donald was a true massive heavy weight....Labate isn't nearly as big.  But he is a high energy crash and back guy which is going to be great to watch if any thing.  Dale weisse 2.0?

Yes!! Would love to bring back Weise!! Torts got his vengeance out on him... 

I'm pretty stoked about Labate having a crack!

The biggest problem with us this year is we are anaemic up front.  Only one player in the top 6 over 190 lbs. Only one, on most days, in the the top 9 over 200 lbs, Horvat.  And we're not lightning fast to make up for it. We really took a step back when Jake and Etem did not have the jump we were hoping for from them this year?

Labate has some size, sticks his nose in it like Burrows, and even has some wheels.  I'm personally more excited to see him fore check, bust people out of puck battles, than fight. 

But that's just me?

In any case, we desperately need his size & speed!

Archived