Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PROSPAL] VAN - NYI


Bure_Pavel

Recommended Posts

To Vancouver: Barzal 

To New York Islanders: Hansen plus a 2nd (either ours or CLB's)

 

New York is probably desperate to make playoffs to increase their chances of keeping Tavares. Hansen can play up and down the Islanders line up plus the high second helps make up the value of losing Barzal. I think Barzal could be a future second line center and would be a great fit centering a line with Virtanen.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

To Vancouver: Barzal 

To New York Islanders: Hansen plus a 2nd (either ours or CLB's)

 

New York is probably desperate to make playoffs to increase their chances of keeping Tavares. Hansen can play up and down the Islanders line up plus the high second helps make up the value of losing Barzal. I think Barzal could be a future second line center and would be a great fit centering a line with Virtanen.  

Excellent deal, but I think 

Tanev is the guy to go NOT Hansen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/islanders

 

Might be a good reference for seeing if they could fit Hansen under their cap since they aren't sending any our way.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

They can't.

 

I'm sure it wouldn't be the end of the world for Vancouver to retain half of Hansen's Cap hit or take a short term cap dump.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dral said:

 

Your first born

Lmao! 

 

Problem is- He's 8, positionally strong, plays his angles well and can skate pretty good for a tall kid. Tends to hang back a bit because he acts mortally wounded when his team gets scored on, but he plays with heart and has a good slapper from the point. Future 1A Dman.

 

I don't know if Chiarelli would accept the deal for a future Shea Weber. He's still a ways out, plus I'm his Dad and may have overestimated his development curve...

 

I'm not great with proposals....

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Lmao! 

 

Problem is- He's 8, positionally strong, plays his angles well and can skate pretty good for a tall kid. Tends to hang back a bit because he acts mortally wounded when his team gets scored on, but he plays with heart and has a good slapper from the point. Future 1A Dman.

 

I don't know if Chiarelli would accept the deal for a future Shea Weber. He's still a ways out, plus I'm his Dad and may have overestimated his development curve...

 

I'm not great with proposals....

 

 

 

Prolly have to toss in a pick then to even things out heh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

I'm sure it wouldn't be the end of the world for Vancouver to retain half of Hansen's Cap hit or and take a short term cap dump.  

FTFY. They'd need both to happen. Anyone making a proposal should notice they have a little over $600K in cap space right now and work that into their proposal.

 

The only thing I don't know (and certainly the proposal doesn't take it into account) is what's happening for the Isles with Grabovski. Looking into that further, Grabs is probably done for the season, so they could LTI his $5M cap hit and gain about $4.4M in cap overage space above the cap ceiling. That would fix it, but you haven't taken any of that into account.

 

You can't just trade more cap one way and expect it to be cool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't like any deal that helps the Isles get better. I want them to suck while we start improving, so that when the Sedins retire or re-up on cheap contracts, then we can go after Tavares.

Throw the max at him. Trade Tanev+ for Landeskog.

 

In 2 years:
Landeskog - Tavares - Boeser
Baertschi - Horvat - Eriksson
Sedin - Sedin - Sutter

Gaunce - Granlund - Virtanen
 

Hutton - Gudbranson

Edler - Stecher

Juolevi - Tryamkin

 

Markstrom

Demko

That there looks like an up and coming Stanley Cup contending team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, elvis15 said:

FTFY. They'd need both to happen. Anyone making a proposal should notice they have a little over $600K in cap space right now and work that into their proposal.

 

The only thing I don't know (and certainly the proposal doesn't take it into account) is what's happening for the Isles with Grabovski. Looking into that further, Grabs is probably done for the season, so they could LTI his $5M cap hit and gain about $4.4M in cap overage space above the cap ceiling. That would fix it, but you haven't taken any of that into account.

 

You can't just trade more cap one way and expect it to be cool.

Or they can just throw in Jason Chimera and it would be all good, Hansen's 2.5 million dollar cap hit is very easy to work around and makes sense because they are very weak on the right side.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, VanGnome said:

I don't like any deal that helps the Isles get better. I want them to suck while we start improving, so that when the Sedins retire or re-up on cheap contracts, then we can go after Tavares.

Throw the max at him. Trade Tanev+ for Landeskog.

 

In 2 years:
Landeskog - Tavares - Boeser
Baertschi - Horvat - Eriksson
Sedin - Sedin - Sutter

Gaunce - Granlund - Virtanen
 

Hutton - Gudbranson

Edler - Stecher

Juolevi - Tryamkin

 

Markstrom

Demko

That there looks like an up and coming Stanley Cup contending team.

Why would Tavares come to a rebuilding team in his prime? he has a lot of better options.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...