The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PROSPAL] VAN - NYI

To Vancouver: Barzal 

To New York Islanders: Hansen plus a 2nd (either ours or CLB's)

New York is probably desperate to make playoffs to increase their chances of keeping Tavares. Hansen can play up and down the Islanders line up plus the high second helps make up the value of losing Barzal. I think Barzal could be a future second line center and would be a great fit centering a line with Virtanen.  

6 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

To Vancouver: Barzal 

To New York Islanders: Hansen plus a 2nd (either ours or CLB's)

New York is probably desperate to make playoffs to increase their chances of keeping Tavares. Hansen can play up and down the Islanders line up plus the high second helps make up the value of losing Barzal. I think Barzal could be a future second line center and would be a great fit centering a line with Virtanen.  

Excellent deal, but I think 

Tanev is the guy to go NOT Hansen.

4 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/islanders

Might be a good reference for seeing if they could fit Hansen under their cap since they aren't sending any our way.

Reveal hidden contents

They can't.

I'm sure it wouldn't be the end of the world for Vancouver to retain half of Hansen's Cap hit or take a short term cap dump.  

Just now, Dral said:

Your first born

Lmao! 

Problem is- He's 8, positionally strong, plays his angles well and can skate pretty good for a tall kid. Tends to hang back a bit because he acts mortally wounded when his team gets scored on, but he plays with heart and has a good slapper from the point. Future 1A Dman.

I don't know if Chiarelli would accept the deal for a future Shea Weber. He's still a ways out, plus I'm his Dad and may have overestimated his development curve...

I'm not great with proposals....

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Lmao! 

Problem is- He's 8, positionally strong, plays his angles well and can skate pretty good for a tall kid. Tends to hang back a bit because he acts mortally wounded when his team gets scored on, but he plays with heart and has a good slapper from the point. Future 1A Dman.

I don't know if Chiarelli would accept the deal for a future Shea Weber. He's still a ways out, plus I'm his Dad and may have overestimated his development curve...

I'm not great with proposals....

Prolly have to toss in a pick then to even things out heh

3 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

I'm sure it wouldn't be the end of the world for Vancouver to retain half of Hansen's Cap hit or and take a short term cap dump.  

FTFY. They'd need both to happen. Anyone making a proposal should notice they have a little over $600K in cap space right now and work that into their proposal.

The only thing I don't know (and certainly the proposal doesn't take it into account) is what's happening for the Isles with Grabovski. Looking into that further, Grabs is probably done for the season, so they could LTI his $5M cap hit and gain about $4.4M in cap overage space above the cap ceiling. That would fix it, but you haven't taken any of that into account.

You can't just trade more cap one way and expect it to be cool.

I don't like any deal that helps the Isles get better. I want them to suck while we start improving, so that when the Sedins retire or re-up on cheap contracts, then we can go after Tavares.

Throw the max at him. Trade Tanev+ for Landeskog.

In 2 years:
Landeskog - Tavares - Boeser
Baertschi - Horvat - Eriksson
Sedin - Sedin - Sutter

Gaunce - Granlund - Virtanen

Hutton - Gudbranson

Edler - Stecher

Juolevi - Tryamkin

Markstrom

Demko

That there looks like an up and coming Stanley Cup contending team.

1 hour ago, elvis15 said:

FTFY. They'd need both to happen. Anyone making a proposal should notice they have a little over $600K in cap space right now and work that into their proposal.

The only thing I don't know (and certainly the proposal doesn't take it into account) is what's happening for the Isles with Grabovski. Looking into that further, Grabs is probably done for the season, so they could LTI his $5M cap hit and gain about $4.4M in cap overage space above the cap ceiling. That would fix it, but you haven't taken any of that into account.

You can't just trade more cap one way and expect it to be cool.

Or they can just throw in Jason Chimera and it would be all good, Hansen's 2.5 million dollar cap hit is very easy to work around and makes sense because they are very weak on the right side.

6 hours ago, VanGnome said:

I don't like any deal that helps the Isles get better. I want them to suck while we start improving, so that when the Sedins retire or re-up on cheap contracts, then we can go after Tavares.

Throw the max at him. Trade Tanev+ for Landeskog.

In 2 years:
Landeskog - Tavares - Boeser
Baertschi - Horvat - Eriksson
Sedin - Sedin - Sutter

Gaunce - Granlund - Virtanen

Hutton - Gudbranson

Edler - Stecher

Juolevi - Tryamkin

Markstrom

Demko

That there looks like an up and coming Stanley Cup contending team.

Why would Tavares come to a rebuilding team in his prime? he has a lot of better options.

Archived