The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PROSPAL] VAN - NYI

3 hours ago, ice orca said:

Why would Tavares come to a rebuilding team in his prime? he has a lot of better options.

Because in two years, with Tavares and someone like Landeskog on the roster, the rebuild is complete, as the Sedin's are 3rd liners putting up 30-40 points a year

5 minutes ago, VanGnome said:

Because in two years, with Tavares and someone like Landeskog on the roster, the rebuild is complete, as the Sedin's are 3rd liners putting up 30-40 points a year

Also getting to play on a line with Landeskog and Boeser would be a way to convince him

Here goes... a lot of if's here but whatever...

If the Islanders are in a 'win now' frame of mind (trying to make it work in Brooklyn or...) but more importantly perhaps trying to keep Tavares beyond two years.

and if ...

The Canucks admit that 'rebuilding on the fly' is not working (would have to come from owner ship I guess ... another if...)

And here is the largest if ... if Henrik and Daniel felt that playing behind Tavares would give them a good shot at a cup (better than here) and wanted to go there.

Do you think that Henrik and Daniel 50% retained salaries for ...

Kulemin (salary balance, but not necessarily wanted) 

Strome (good young player)

Dal Colle (up and coming left winger who hasn't yet met expectations)

a first(?)

Too many 'if's', I know but it might make the Islanders super competitive and hasten our rebuild. Doubt Henrik and Daniel agree though.

But they could come back in two years when Strome and Dal Colle (and our current prospects are further along) and play an important supporting role.

Also: I think Hansen would interest Islanders too, a whole 2nd line, but I son't know how that would exactly.

And I think we would be awful, but better than we would be in 3 years otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Calvin's Dog said:

Here goes... a lot of if's here but whatever...

If the Islanders are in a 'win now' frame of mind (trying to make it work in Brooklyn or...) but more importantly perhaps trying to keep Tavares beyond two years.

and if ...

The Canucks admit that 'rebuilding on the fly' is not working (would have to come from owner ship I guess ... another if...)

And here is the largest if ... if Henrik and Daniel felt that playing behind Tavares would give them a good shot at a cup (better than here) and wanted to go there.

Do you think that Henrik and Daniel 50% retained salaries for ...

Kulemin (salary balance, but not necessarily wanted) 

Strome (good young player)

Dal Colle (up and coming left winger who hasn't yet met expectations)

a first(?)

Too many 'if's', I know but it might make the Islanders super competitive and hasten our rebuild. Doubt Henrik and Daniel agree though.

But they could come back in two years when Strome and Dal Colle (and our current prospects are further along) and play an important supporting role.

Also: I think Hansen would interest Islanders too, a whole 2nd line, but I son't know how that would exactly.

And I think we would be awful, but better than we would be in 3 years otherwise.

It could happen.  Do we want Dalcolle?  

3 hours ago, gameburn2 said:

Are they still thinking of letting that D guy head off closer to home?  Hamonic, was it?

It was Hamonic who'd requested the trade, and he's since rescinded the request and no longer wants to move. They don't need Tanev as they have plenty of right side D.

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 6:38 PM, elvis15 said:

It was Hamonic who'd requested the trade, and he's since rescinded the request and no longer wants to move. They don't need Tanev as they have plenty of right side D.

Ah, okay.  Tanev would be better somewhere else anyway... Columbus?  (No longer have Seth Jones?)  New Jersey?  (Hall in place of Larson)

On 11/23/2016 at 5:40 AM, ice orca said:

Why would Tavares come to a rebuilding team in his prime? he has a lot of better options.

Hypothetically lets say we draft number 1 this year. Would you try to package that with other pieces for Tavares? 

TDL: Look for deals for Hansen,Burr and Miller.

Try to compile a few more picks. 

NYI - Number 1 overall pick. (Patrick)

Virtanen

Granlund or Baertschi

Edler

Van - Tavares (with extension in place)

That's probably a little rich for my liking. But, nevertheless when i look at that deal, it peaks interest. 

Eriksson-Tavares-Boeser

Sedin-Sedin-Sutter

Baertschi/Granlund-Horvat-Rodin

Labate-Gaunce-Dorsett

Ex.Chaput, Megna

Edler - Tanev

Hutton-Guddy

Tryamkin- Stecher

Its probably the wrong course of action. We should probably just focus on developing our youth, but Tavares type acquisitions dont come around very often.

Archived