The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Bo Horvat Next Contract

Nessnuck27

There has been lots of buzz around saying that Bo Horvat has been the Canucks best player and is going to be a our future Captain (Which he is :towel:), and that management should sign him to a new contract sooner than later.

Predicting Bo's next contract based on some similar player comparisons around the NHL.

Bo Horvat 6 years @ 27 million = 4.5m/ year 

This deal will take him to UFA, but that is where if he really starts producing points, we can lock him up long term with whatever contract he wants. 

If he doesn't want a long term contract and wants a Bridge Deal...

Bo Horvat 2 years @ 6.5 million = 3.25m/year 

Thoughts?

Lock this kid up long term.  Finally a first round pick by the Canucks that looks like a legit top 6 at the NHL level.  Havent looked at the stats but I bet hes putting up more points than either Sedin or Kesler at his age and hes doing it with no first unit PP time, a project and an old timer as wingers, and lots of d zone starts.

8 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Lock this kid up long term.  Finally a first round pick by the Canucks that looks like a legit top 6 at the NHL level.  Havent looked at the stats but I bet hes putting up more points than either Sedin or Kesler at his age and hes doing it with no first unit PP time, a project and an old timer as wingers, and lots of d zone starts.

In their 3rd year in the NHL, Hank had 39 pts (8g/31a) and Daniel had 31 pts (14g/17a).  Kesler was different because he went the college route and spent more time in the AHL.  In his third full season in the NHL he had 37 pts (21g/16a).

It the quarter point in the season, Bo is on pace for 52 pts (28g/24a).

I don't recall for sure, but I bet Kesler and the Sedins also weren't getting first unit PP time at that point in their careers either.

22 minutes ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

If he ends up leading the team in scoring before he is due, who knows? 

Either way he is one contract nobody will complain about, has improved his weaknesses into strengths, speed, stickhandling etc etc 

Deserving 

Oh my friend, it can be complained about on CDC :lol:

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

Oh my friend, it can be complained about on CDC :lol:

haha true, but as of yet even the most negative of posters have only complained about his ice time.... at this time, he seems to be our only gamebreaker, also our best goal celebration guy, that deserves another mill per season for getting me out of my seat :towel:

I think Bo wants to be here long term, he's said it on a number of occasions, but my bet is his agent wants to wait until they see what the offer sheets look like from other teams to get maximum leverage in the negotiations. Either way Bo will see a nice raise and I have no doubt he'll stay put. But the deal will be a lot higher than 4 mil per thats for sure. Somewhere close to Monahan I would think, around 5.5. 

The contracts for Hutton and Tryamkin will be more difficult and risky to figure out. 

12 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Makes me wonder, did the Sedins make Burrows look good all those years or does Burrows make his line mates better? He's playing great on the Horvat line.

Burr is an ass-busting veteran who knows where to be on the ice, perfect fit right now for Bo. But I'm not sure Bo has a bad fit the way he's playing. It will be fun to watch when Willie sets him free in the o-zone more. 

Archived